Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jersey13 View Post
    About the translation, though, yeah - I kinda figured that most online translators are crap.
    Yeah, I got in trouble using one of the online translators as well, and I should have known better. On-line translators help with words, not with tone, context, setting, those kind of subtle things that make a huge difference on how those words are used!

d3u5 has always been fantastic about helping us out with the translations

Welcome back Allestian, we miss you! Do we get to read your transcript?
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

David is attending a con in New Zealand this weekend (Oct 21-23) along with Rachel and Tony Amendola.

I wonder if they're all going to stay down under until the Aussie con on Nov 5. Seems to me that such a long travel time would mean a nice long vacation.

David should bring us a vacation slide show for his Springfield , MA convention appearance!

My kind of guy:
      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
        David should bring us a vacation slide show for his Springfield , MA convention appearance!
        Wouldn't that be great! Actually it would be fun for him to post some on his website where the fans who can't travel that far could enjoy too!!!

Are you going to the Springfield, MA convention?
        sigpic

Comment

I guess you might get to read my transcript. It is very nearly finished. I just need to number the scenes, cross the t's, dot the i's. There are no proper shot names and types in it yet though.

Erm, I think it is nearly done. Should be at 54 pages.

Right I'll PM it to anyone who wants it...I think I can do that anyway.

WARNING - It contains a Mary Sue...(Is that what it's called?)
          WARNING - New translations are most likely incorrect so give me a shout an a kick if they are.

There is a fair bit of Zelenka. Plus a whump. Plus Prime not Prime.

Comment

I'll give it a read Allestian

Comment

I think you might need to give me your e-mail address - it won't go on a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                I think you might need to give me your e-mail address - it won't go on a PM.
                You got my e-mail address!!! Would love to read it!!

Okay, who is more intimidating and/or passionate when they are pi$$ed off

Zelenka

or Ronan

Okay, Ronan may be bigger, scarier and can be quite intimidating but I think Zelenka packs more emotion behind those blue eyes!!
                Actually both can be kind of scary when pi$$ed off!!!
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 20 October 2006, 07:11 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't like to be on the recieving end of either of them in a strop

Comment

That's not fair!!! They're both lovely!!!

If it was Ronon I'd just stand their with my arms crossed, ready to knee him.

If it was Zelenka I'd have a bucket of cold water nearby to shock him at the least expecting moment.

Last edited by Allestian; 21 October 2006, 09:59 AM. Reason: Fingers crossed?!?! What the...???

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                      That's not fair!!! They're both lovely!!!

If it was Ronon I'd just stand their with my arms crossed, ready to knee him.

If it was Zelenka I'd have a bucket of cold water nearby to shock him at the least expecting moment.

Ouch to Ronan!

Bucket of cold water, that is a good one!. Can only image what Zelenka would do or say then

Yes they are both lovely and great to watch!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

Ouch to Ronan!

Bucket of cold water, that is a good one!. Can only image what Zelenka would do or say then

Yes they are both lovely and great to watch!!!
                        Would it matter??? I mean he would be soaked!!!

Comment

Oh wow, a totally wet, soaked Zelenka and if we add pi$$ed off, ummm even better!

Gotta just love that image
                          sigpic

Comment

So that's another thing we want to see in the next few seasons.

Comment

Oh most definitely! And the sooner the better!

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know why the writers never check out these pages???

By the way, Rosehawk. Did you get my e-mail???

Comment

Working...
                                X