Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hullo? Is anyone there?
    Monica Zelenka lover since 2004! RDA fan since 1985! Lorne fan since 2003!
    sigpic
    Lady Pandora
    Atlantis Series: Retrospective Ruminations Unexpected

Comment

Originally posted by MonicaL View Post
      [IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/monica_lake98902/Zelenka/Sept119_zps3f258668.jpg
      Hullo? Is anyone there?
      Fifth: Hello?!

Comment

Scruffy Radek holiday cheer!
        sigpic
        Lady Pandora

Comment

sigpic
          Lady Pandora

Comment

So, I'm thinking we should let everyone except a skeleton crew have the rest of the week off. What do you think?
            Sounds good to me!
            sigpic
            Lady Pandora

Comment

All the best to one and all for a delightful holiday celebration!
              sigpic
              Lady Pandora

Comment

Merry Christmas, my fan girls! I'm keeping watch on Santa to make sure all your presents get delivered.
                sigpic
                Lady Pandora

Comment

sigpic
                  Lady Pandora

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
                    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

[IMG]http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w130/monica_lake98902/Zelenka/Zelenka11_zps709a74af.jpg
                      So, I'm thinking we should let everyone except a skeleton crew have the rest of the week off. What do you think?
                      Sounds good to me!
                      If Stargate was still around that would be a great start to an episode! Then have some baddie take advantage of this situation.

Fifth: Merry Christmas, Earthian! Give me your gift lists and I will have them replicated by tomorrow morning!

Comment

Sounds good to me!
                        Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
                        If Stargate was still around that would be a great start to an episode! Then have some baddie take advantage of this situation.

Fifth: Merry Christmas, Earthian! Give me your gift lists and I will have them replicated by tomorrow morning!
                        Merry Christmas to you, Fifth!

And you're right about that being a great start to an episode. I sense another plot bunny afoot. Going to write that down in my story ideas doc!
                        sigpic
                        Lady Pandora

Comment

In Trio Mckay and Sam say that they don't like Zalenka. I thought that was cruel and uncalled for. What reason would they have for not liking him? Next to Carson hes the nicest guy on Atlantis!

Comment

Originally posted by mckeller! View Post
                            In Trio Mckay and Sam say that they don't like Zalenka. I thought that was cruel and uncalled for. What reason would they have for not liking him? Next to Carson hes the nicest guy on Atlantis!
                            Martin Gero is well-known for his dislike of Radek, and he wrote that into the episode Trio. If you have the DVDs, watch the deleted scenes for Trio to get the full effect of his dislike. Gero loves Rodney and didn't like that so many fans fell in love with our scruffy Czech from his first appearance in 38 Minutes. The character was only supposed to be a one shot, but David Nykl did such an excellent job with him that Radek became a regularly recurring character. Radek is in fact the only SGA character that everyone loves, which again is a testament to David's acting.

The outrage of the fans is evident in the threads posted after Trio first aired, which you can see by looking under season 4 discussion. And don't even get me started on how OOC it would be for Sam to discuss a subordinate with other subordinates. She's career military and would never do that. Gero gave us some great episodes, but he let his personal dislike of Radek get the better of him more than once.
                            sigpic
                            Lady Pandora

Comment

It was an inside joke among the crew. They talk about it on the commentary of the ep. Tptb got a huge amount of flack over the whole thing.
                              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Happy New year!!
                                I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X