No announcement yet.

Radek Zelenka/David Nykl Appreciation, Thunk, Translation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats the cartoon with the cooking rat unless its a reference to him being in the maze in Quarantine
    sigpic

Comment

You know Pooks, it's scary. That's exactly what was going through my mind if you could have seen it in post form. Although, David would make a cute Remy... (My kids love that movie. Now if I can just get my son to stop saying, "Shut up and eat your garbage." He's 3, and it's a little disheartening when we're all at the dinner table.)
      sigpic

Comment

thats cute and hilarious, kids say the funniest things, ooo, thats actually the title of a Brit programme how are you dear?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hiccups View Post
          I'm just curious, but what is the significance of the tag "Ratatouille" for this thread?
          Ratalouille was added by SoulRever awhile back. He was teasing me and having some fun with Zelenka by calling Radek a lab rat and I was saying that Zelenka was not a lab rat. The trail of some of the fun is back somewhere in the past posts on this thread. And yes, the teasing was inspired by Quarantine!

Anyway, he added Ratatouille and lab rat. Ratatouille is a cute and talent rat but no matter how cute and talented I will never call Radek a rat!

I've been on this thread for over five years!! Think I'm addicted to Zelenka or something like that!
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

*goes off singing "You do something to me..."*
            sigpic

Comment

i realised while rewatching quarantine i have never posted on this thread before i just wanted to say i think zelenka is one of the best characters on atlantis he cracks me up when he speaks in his own language.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Welcome chrono trigger! Yeah, he does it so well, doesn't he? Have you noticed some of his facial expressions and hand gestures while McKay is talking? Watch them sometimes. Even when Zelenka is in the background. I caught one once and just about died laughing. Anyway, glad to have ya! I'm surprised Rosehawk hasn't popped in to welcome you yet. She's our resident David expert.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                  i realised while rewatching quarantine i have never posted on this thread before i just wanted to say i think zelenka is one of the best characters on atlantis he cracks me up when he speaks in his own language.
                  Hey welcome onboard the Zelenka train chrono trigger...or say we say the Zelenka journey through the Atlantis airvents as Zelena vents!

Welcome chrono trigger! Yeah, he does it so well, doesn't he? Have you noticed some of his facial expressions and hand gestures while McKay is talking? Watch them sometimes. Even when Zelenka is in the background. I caught one once and just about died laughing. Anyway, glad to have ya! I'm surprised Rosehawk hasn't popped in to welcome you yet. She's our resident David expert.
                  Expert? Who me? No,no,no....not exactly....just a big David Nykl fan!

That's one of things that made watching Zelenka and McKay so much fun, Radek didn't really have to say how he felt, the audience saw it all in his expressions! And those expressions are priceless!

PS. The video is done however I want to wait until after the convention before I put it on YouTube for you to see and I want to make some minor changes to it before I post it.
                  Last edited by Rosehawk; 27 March 2011, 07:35 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks for the welcome to the thread he is one of the ones i miss most from sga and your right you can tell alot of what he means by his expressions and mannerisms.
                    sigpic
                    The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Expert? Who me? No,no,no....not exactly....just a big David Nykl fan!
                      Don't be modest RH. How many times have you met the man? I bet he could pick you out of a crowd! And how many things do you have signed by the man? You could probably set up a David Nykl museum in your home. And we are always getting great updates from you (and Watcher and others of course). It seems like you are just the convention pro. If I were going to a convention and needed any advice I would certainly ask you, and if I were ever going to meet David, I would definitely talk to you first!
                      sigpic

Comment

Don't be modest RH. How many times have you met the man? I bet he could pick you out of a crowd! And how many things do you have signed by the man? You could probably set up a David Nykl museum in your home. And we are always getting great updates from you (and Watcher and others of course). It seems like you are just the convention pro. If I were going to a convention and needed any advice I would certainly ask you, and if I were ever going to meet David, I would definitely talk to you first!

Oh yeah, David knows who I am. He's got a great memory for faces plus I've had some memorable fan moments, especially when I got to see "The Beast of Bottomless Lake" last Fall.
                        David is overall just a really great guy and really appreciates his fanbase.

lol,I don't quite have a museum, mostly photos, one t-shirt and a really cute block print he was selling at a convention two summers ago. That one I had framed..It was kind of expensive and I figured if I was going to spend the money on it and David signed it for free...that I'd better be sure it was well protected so that one is in a frame on a wall in house. I wouldn't have bought it from any other actor!

I've been to a few conventions the past three years...only started going to them then but they have been alot of fun, not only in meeting the talent but other fans as well. You can meet some really fun people (and scary ones too!) at conventions.

And I am happy to answer any convention questions you may have.

Stay tuned for some updates as I am heading to a convention to see David again in about two weeks!
                        sigpic

Comment

See, what'd I tell you. In my book, that pretty much makes you an expert. *Nods definitively*

Edit: I know, what does that make his wife then? Why, she's the Grand Empress of his Davidness, and you can't be more of an expert authority than that! (If David and his wife are lurking, I hope they get a chuckle out of that.)
                          sigpic

Comment

See, what'd I tell you. In my book, that pretty much makes you an expert. *Nods definitively*

Edit: I know, what does that make his wife then? Why, she's the Grand Empress of his Davidness, and you can't be more of an expert authority than that! (If David and his wife are lurking, I hope they get a chuckle out of that.)
                            I would say that would make his wife Mrs. Nykl!

lol, yeah family...can't get any more of an expert than family!
                            sigpic

Comment

I love that one... Really love it !!

Comment

Thanks! I had to laugh.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X