No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you get to see the range of the actor. But for me, personally, I just like to see a hot guy suffer so the others can take care of him! Yes, I join the ranks of the rest of the weirdos!!
    sigpic
    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

see my sig for our psuedo-official "definition" of what it means to whump to whump is what you do as a whumpER, and we're whumpers a couple of us are indeed SHAMELESS whumpers meaning we'll whump any and all characters that we like (though i do tend to make the exception that i DON'T whump anyone who looks 50+ )

so, er, this thread is for whumping shep either enjoying the whump on the show, or, if there's ain't enough there (or just because) whumping him ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
        see my sig for our psuedo-official "definition" of what it means to whump to whump is what you do as a whumpER, and we're whumpers a couple of us are indeed SHAMELESS whumpers meaning we'll whump any and all characters that we like (though i do tend to make the exception that i DON'T whump anyone who looks 50+ )

so, er, this thread is for whumping shep either enjoying the whump on the show, or, if there's ain't enough there (or just because) whumping him ourselves
        Whether or not Jack is supposed be 50+ in canon, RDA certainly is - and he whumps pretty good too

There is never enough whump on the show, and definately never enough comfort. IMHO, a lot of the whump that happens off the show (fanfic, forums etc.) is not just because the whumpage, per se', but because we need to see more comfort, more character interaction that shows that they're worried about each other, shows the fear and emotional hurt when one of their own is having a bad time of it. Even when it's just putting into words what we occaisionally get glimpses of in canon - we just need to make it real, because that makes the characters more real to us .

Just my two cents a little philosphical for this time on a saturady, but what can i say? see what you guys inspire in me?
        FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
        There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Originally posted by VonKnibble
          There is never enough whump on the show, and definately never enough comfort. IMHO, a lot of the whump that happens off the show (fanfic, forums etc.) is not just because the whumpage, per se', but because we need to see more comfort, more character interaction that shows that they're worried about each other, shows the fear and emotional hurt when one of their own is having a bad time of it. Even when it's just putting into words what we occaisionally get glimpses of in canon - we just need to make it real, because that makes the characters more real to us .

Just my two cents a little philosphical for this time on a saturady, but what can i say? see what you guys inspire in me?

I agree - never enough whump, and certainly not enough comfort!! One of the draws of the whump is seeing how the friends and co-workers react. We need to see infirmary scenes, need to see the whumpee wake up, need to see the friends watching and worrying. Hence, the need for fanfic! Thank goodness for fanfic!

We totally got gyped on the whump in Defiant One - there was so much potential but Shep was too much of a superman! I would have liked to have seen him not be able to get up and walk away from all he went through without help, and we should have gotten the pleasure of an infirmary scene or at least a reference to it beyond McKay's "you ok". Sigh. Guess beggars can't be choosers - we did get some whump.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
            I agree - never enough whump, and certainly not enough comfort!! One of the draws of the whump is seeing how the friends and co-workers react. We need to see infirmary scenes, need to see the whumpee wake up, need to see the friends watching and worrying. Hence, the need for fanfic! Thank goodness for fanfic!
            *cough* my fanfic *cough*
            *looks around innocently* What?
            That's why its so fun to write fanfic, because you can take it farther the you know the writers would. I mean, lets face it, we know of someone was captured by the enemy, they wouldn't be all nice to them. They would definitely whump. So that's where a lot of writers like to be creative.

We totally got gyped on the whump in Defiant One - there was so much potential but Shep was too much of a superman! I would have liked to have seen him not be able to get up and walk away from all he went through without help, and we should have gotten the pleasure of an infirmary scene or at least a reference to it beyond McKay's "you ok". Sigh. Guess beggars can't be choosers - we did get some whump.
            I dunno, I kind of liked this one. Mostly because Shep was all dirty... I mean, good story, yeah, that's it. Hey, he did get a few cracked ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomcatter
              *cough* my fanfic *cough*
              *looks around innocently* What?

I dunno, I kind of liked this one. Mostly because Shep was all dirty... I mean, good story, yeah, that's it. Hey, he did get a few cracked ribs.

What??? You have whump fanfic??? You holding out on us??

I did like dirty beaten Shep but I wanted needed-to-be-supported Shep, not walk-away-fine Shep.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
                I'm NOT a Joe whumper
                *chokes on her drink* you sure?

Comment

Fly by WHUMP!

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

I did like dirty beaten Shep but I wanted needed-to-be-supported Shep, not walk-away-fine Shep.
                    P'raps we'll get more of that in s2....I hope so!!

Told off whumped Shep below!!

Comment

What??? You have whump fanfic??? You holding out on us??
                      Lol, only one Shep whump fic so far, with a sequel on the way. I posted a link to it over at the Shep thunk thread, but since you can never have too much whumpage... Strange Bedfellows

I think most people have read it already, lol. Plot bunnies aren't being nice, so the sequel is slow to develop. Maybe I'll be inspired, who knows?

Comment

Lol, only one Shep whump fic so far, with a sequel on the way. I posted a link to it over at the Shep thunk thread, but since you can never have too much whumpage... Strange Bedfellows

I think most people have read it already, lol. Plot bunnies aren't being nice, so the sequel is slow to develop. Maybe I'll be inspired, who knows?
                        I've read that fic before Tomcatter...and I still think it's brilliant...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                        "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I've read it!! And I still get those flips in my tummy thinking about it!! It was one of those sink-your-teeth into fics!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've read it!! And I still get those flips in my tummy thinking about it!! It was one of those sink-your-teeth into fics!!!
                            I haven't...but now i'm gonna..
                            FBI - Special Agent VonKnibble. Head of the Post-Whump Protectorate
                            There is no point in arguing with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Comment

Haha, thanks! I went back and re-read it in preparation for the sequel, and realized just how often ff.net's preview doohikcey ate some of my words or smushed them together. Stupid typos.

I'll let you all know as soon as I get the next story together.

Comment

Haha, thanks! I went back and re-read it in preparation for the sequel, and realized just how often ff.net's preview doohikcey ate some of my words or smushed them together. Stupid typos.

I'll let you all know as soon as I get the next story together.
                                Ooooh...more ficcies...YAY! Reminds me, I must do some more on my SGA fic...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Working...
                                X