No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to pop in, but it doesn't look like it's been too busy.

I'll be seeing ST when it comes out on video, due to a lack of willing babysitters. Spoilered for OT grumbling...
    Spoiler:
    My parents moved near me so they could see the grandchildren more, but that doesn't extend to sitting with them at night so I can have a night out very often. I've had one night out in the last 13 months. I wouldn't mind, but when my kids go to bed, that's it, you don't see them until morning. And my parents only sit in every night anyway, so what's the difference between sitting in their house and sitting in mine? Last time I went out, when I got back my mom made me feel so bad because we were half an hour later than she'd worked out we should be that it ruined my evening, which was also my birthday night out! There had been extended trailers before the film so it had taken longer than any of us had expected, but we still got back at 11.15 which I don't consider unreasonably late for a night out! I wouldn't have minded if we'd agreed to be back at a certain time, and then hadn't told her I would be later, but I deliberately didn't tell her a time because I know she clock watches and expects you back the minute you say you will be. At age 36, I didn't realise I was still that answerable to her. So now I don't go out much. It isn't worth the grief.

For those of you suffering with panic attacks, I can completely sympathise. I suffered with them for almost 10 years, but now have them under control. Spoilered again for OT advice...
    Spoiler:
    I read a book called 'Manage Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide' by Gillian Butler and Tony Hope, and it showed me techniques to keep them at bay. Now I don't even consciously think about it; when I get the tell-tale beginings of the palpitations that always started them I just tell myself I'm not going to allow it to happen and it stops. I loaned the book to a friend of mine for her partner who gets very stressed and he still has it - 8 years later. He apparently refers to it regularly because he thinks its so good. I think his need is greater than mine so I'm letting him keep it. A few peopl here might find it a good read, too.

Thanks for the whumpy pictures; they were a nice way to start my week.

I think I may have one or two here as well...

Spoiler:

sigpic
    My Fan Fiction Page
    My LJ Fics

Comment

Originally posted by shepsgirl72 View Post
      Had a busy weekend and didn't get a chance to pop in, but it doesn't look like it's been too busy.

I'll be seeing ST when it comes out on video, due to a lack of willing babysitters. Spoilered for OT grumbling...
      Spoiler:
      My parents moved near me so they could see the grandchildren more, but that doesn't extend to sitting with them at night so I can have a night out very often. I've had one night out in the last 13 months. I wouldn't mind, but when my kids go to bed, that's it, you don't see them until morning. And my parents only sit in every night anyway, so what's the difference between sitting in their house and sitting in mine? Last time I went out, when I got back my mom made me feel so bad because we were half an hour later than she'd worked out we should be that it ruined my evening, which was also my birthday night out! There had been extended trailers before the film so it had taken longer than any of us had expected, but we still got back at 11.15 which I don't consider unreasonably late for a night out! I wouldn't have minded if we'd agreed to be back at a certain time, and then hadn't told her I would be later, but I deliberately didn't tell her a time because I know she clock watches and expects you back the minute you say you will be. At age 36, I didn't realise I was still that answerable to her. So now I don't go out much. It isn't worth the grief.

For those of you suffering with panic attacks, I can completely sympathise. I suffered with them for almost 10 years, but now have them under control. Spoilered again for OT advice...
      Spoiler:
      I read a book called 'Manage Your Mind: The Mental Fitness Guide' by Gillian Butler and Tony Hope, and it showed me techniques to keep them at bay. Now I don't even consciously think about it; when I get the tell-tale beginings of the palpitations that always started them I just tell myself I'm not going to allow it to happen and it stops. I loaned the book to a friend of mine for her partner who gets very stressed and he still has it - 8 years later. He apparently refers to it regularly because he thinks its so good. I think his need is greater than mine so I'm letting him keep it. A few peopl here might find it a good read, too.

Thanks for the whumpy pictures; they were a nice way to start my week.

I think I may have one or two here as well...

Spoiler:

i like his sneakers, even though he is getting whumped

" it is true if you get beat up, at least look good afterwards"
      sigpic
      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Morning Whumpers!

And CONGRATS to SGA for all those awards! *applauds* Well deserved! WHY DID THEY CANCEL THIS SHOW AGAIN?!?

It's early here and I hope nothing goes terribly awry today. *sigh*

RL whump
        Spoiler:
        yesterday we had to give the PMD (puppy of mass destruction) his bath. It took a village! What can I say? I'm too old for this.

I wouldn't mind seeing Scott Bakula or Bruce Boxleitner, not to mention the SG guys. But I'm on the wrong side of the pond, and with no excess funds.......I have seen Bruce Boxleitner actually......he was next to Connor Trinneer one year at the first Con I ever went to. IIRC........verrrrry nice!

Off to catch up.

IHS
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
          Oh and t'pring has a new story starting to post... 'Ask me no questions'

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5054088/1/
          Oh, great! Thanks for the heads up!
          *beetles over to ff.net*
          sigpic

Comment

Oh interesting! I had just begun to read another of T'Pring's stories yeserday. I'll add this one to my "I want to read" list.

I suppose I should head out and do RL stuff. *blech*

Say....does anyone have that automated .gif from "Sunday" with Ronon and Shep playing that game where Shep is hopping on one leg? *snort* Or how about an Infirmary shot from "TR" since Shep looks so pretteh when he wakes up?

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Oh and t'pring has a new story starting to post... 'Ask me no questions'

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5054088/1/
              Oh, and what's more, a character recently discussed here on list has appeared. Wheee.

O, T'Pring! Pretty please post post-haste.

And said character is not wraith.

:-)

Comment

Hope all the moms on the list had a good Mother's Day. I was a good daughter and fixed dinner for my mom - and (fortunately for me) did not involve me whumping myself since cooking dinner involved a bbq grill and wooden skewers...
                I sent flowers. My Mom loves getting them, and i can't do much else since I'm on the other side of the planet!

Skylore, that you for posting the Leo results! Good for SGA and RC!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                  Say....does anyone have that automated .gif from "Sunday" with Ronon and Shep playing that game where Shep is hopping on one leg? *snort* Or how about an Infirmary shot from "TR" since Shep looks so pretteh when he wakes up?

IHS
                  I don't have that .gif, but I can help out with TR. I tossed in a couple of extra ones...

sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

This the gif?

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Skylore View Post
                      Thanks for the green! Diana's the lead (mad) scientist of the alien Visitors who's out to destroy Earth and usurp Visitor power for herself. She's twisted! ...and a lizard. If you ever feel like watching, start with the "mini series" first then "the final battle" http://www.youtube.com/user/xdomin0 Warning though, the originals are now very early 80's camp. I'm excited about the remake coming soon.
                      you´re welcome and thanks

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                      ITA! I am absolutely loving his new show. It's a pity tomorrow is the last ep for the season. However, it does sound like there will be
                      Spoiler:
                      whump!!
                      Oh, when will Joe have another gig? sigh
                      *sighs along*

Hey, fantastic news! SGA and Vegas WINS and wins BIG in the Leo Awards!!! Stargate Continuum won in 3 categories too.
                      http://www.leoawards.com/winners_2009.html

(...)
                      good news

Originally posted by shepsgirl72 View Post

Spoiler:
                      That´s pretty crappy *hugs*

Nice pics

to everyone going to the con: Have fun

t´pring
                      Spoiler:
                      putting our boy in dress blues! Yum! Wish we got to see those again, but hey

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Thanks for the pics Ruffles and for the gif Cazz. I needed that after the way today started... the mortgage melodrama is not over!
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey, fantastic news! SGA and Vegas WINS and wins BIG in the Leo Awards!!!
                          Wow, they won a TON!

WTG SGA!
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Evening all. Knackering day today.. been out most of the day down in Lincoln for hubby's great great aunt's funeral (funerals are always sad but she was 90 and had had a good long life so it was more about celebrating that than mourning her poassing). Met loads of hubby's extended family (on his dad's side) most of whom I'd probably only met once before, at his dad's funeral. Needless to say they were all cooing over Aimee.

We also stopped off in Nottingham on the way home to visit hubby's uncle in hospital... and had the other patients in the bay and a gaggle of nurses crowding around to coo over the "cute little baby"! Even had a total stranger stop and chat to me in the hospital corridor (while hubby had nipped to the loo) about the baby! It's amazing how having a baby - especially one that looks so little and cute - draws people's attention and makes them stop and chat with you!

Been a long day though and my arthritis has started playing up again - didn't help sitting in the back seat of the car for so long, unable to straighten my leg fully. It's still really quite painful now, despite me having taken painkillers. My arthritis improved during pregnancy and haven't had any really painful days in months and months... guess the pregnancy remission is over!

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                            So no one is planning on goingto the LFCC? I know the guest list isn't as good but I was just wondering, I keep trying to convince myself that I'm a grown woman and capable of getting from Liverpool St to Earl's Court on my own with out having a major freak out and ending up in the loony bin... though that would probably require using the tube and I've never done that before. Come to think of it I've never been on a train before (steam trains don't count) so getting as far as Liverpool St would be an massive achievement.
                            I'd be interested in going however the logistics of it make it pretty impossible this year... were it not for Aimee I'd go down and stay in London with hubby and go to the con but it's not really an option now.

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                            Yippee!! Which day are you going?
                            Almost certainly the Saturday. Hubby'll be at work on Friday and not home till the evening and on Sunday he'll be driving back down to London in the afternoon, so Saturday's my best day to head to MK and back...

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                            I have to say I think the Collectormania line up looks better right now, I'd love to see Ben and Nathan in person but I'm really not fussed about Michael, plus Avery Brooks is going to be there and Leonard Nimoy (though I've heard bad things about him at cons, hopefully they are untrue) but LFCC does have Scott Bakula and Bruce Boxlietner which is pretty exciting for a geek like me who loved Quantum Leap and Babylon 5 - and Scott is supposed to be lovely. Thing is I'd probably not be able to afford autos after paying for travel but I could still lurk in the distance right?
                            I saw Scott Bakula listed and my first thought was to tell my sister cos she's be really interested/excited to see him...
                            sigpic

Comment

Slightly OT - but I'll be ordering tickets for the LA con in Nov. So far Clif Simon and Micheal Shanks.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the pics Ruffles and for the gif Cazz. I needed that after the way today started... the mortgage melodrama is not over!
                                Oh, NO!!! I hope it gets sorted out quickly.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Evening all. Knackering day today.. been out most of the day down in Lincoln for hubby's great great aunt's funeral (funerals are always sad but she was 90 and had had a good long life so it was more about celebrating that than mourning her poassing). Met loads of hubby's extended family (on his dad's side) most of whom I'd probably only met once before, at his dad's funeral. Needless to say they were all cooing over Aimee.

We also stopped off in Nottingham on the way home to visit hubby's uncle in hospital... and had the other patients in the bay and a gaggle of nurses crowding around to coo over the "cute little baby"! Even had a total stranger stop and chat to me in the hospital corridor (while hubby had nipped to the loo) about the baby! It's amazing how having a baby - especially one that looks so little and cute - draws people's attention and makes them stop and chat with you!

Been a long day though and my arthritis has started playing up again - didn't help sitting in the back seat of the car for so long, unable to straighten my leg fully. It's still really quite painful now, despite me having taken painkillers. My arthritis improved during pregnancy and haven't had any really painful days in months and months... guess the pregnancy remission is over!

I'd be interested in going however the logistics of it make it pretty impossible this year... were it not for Aimee I'd go down and stay in London with hubby and go to the con but it's not really an option now.

Almost certainly the Saturday. Hubby'll be at work on Friday and not home till the evening and on Sunday he'll be driving back down to London in the afternoon, so Saturday's my best day to head to MK and back...

I saw Scott Bakula listed and my first thought was to tell my sister cos she's be really interested/excited to see him...
                                My condolences for your hubby's aunt, hun. That is a good innings, though.

Now that I've been offically diagnosed with arthritis, I can sympathize about yours.
                                Spoiler:
                                (((HUGS))) I'm fortunate in that it is only one knee and just between the patella and femur, but I know it can be painful. The work my PT/acupuncturist is doing has helped a lot, even though that in itself is an ordeal! Gives me definite ideas for whumping Shep - the treatment, not the arthritis.

Slightly OT - but I'll be ordering tickets for the LA con in Nov. So far Clif Simon and Micheal Shanks.
                                Oh, that is tempting in case Joe is there. I must be strong, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X