• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a brummie?
    *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
      What is a brummie?
      Excellent question Caty. Was wondering the same. Do tell...
      sigpic

Comment

What is a brummie?
        Its the nickname for someone from Birmingham. Like Scouser's are from Liverpool

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

What is a brummie?
          Someone who lives or lived in the City of Birmingham, caty. I was born there so I can still claim to be a brummie from Brum (which is the cities nickname). Hope that explains everything.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Graceful Spirit View Post
            Nightey night - hope your back feels better tomorrow
            Originally posted by Lorr View Post
            Feel better!
            thanks you guys.

OT spoiler tag for RL back stuff...
            Spoiler:

its a bit better today, was very painful last night. I injured it pretty badly about 10 years ago and had to have surgery. I'm actually pretty lucky in that it doesn't flare up and give me trouble the vast majority of the time. In fact I'd say I made darn near a complete recovery and can still do things I like to do. But sometimes it acts up, usually I don't know what causes it to flare up but it just does every once in a while and last night was one of those nights. today, its better, just tender and sore. Thanks though

SGAFan, I love love love your sig!! That pic on the right is really gorgeous!!!
            Aww, thanks! I was in the mood for new digs, since that other sig, while I love it, I use on a different forum.

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post

SGAFan great to see Cold Silence is ready to read and the timing couldn't have beeen better as I've nearly finished reading Rhymer's wonderful whump feast. So it's one whump feast to another. Can't wait.
            Thanks and enjoy! Hope you enjoy it as much as rhymer's fic

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
            Well, the week's off to a good start (aside from last night's insomnia, which I means I will sleep well tonight before my flight) - my advisor just canceled our morning meeting. Unfortunately I still have to be at school this morning for office hours and to teach.
            you're working today? Just curious as I thought schools were off for the holiday... ?
            sigpic
            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              thanks you guys.

Spoiler:

its a bit better today, was very painful last night. I injured it pretty badly about 10 years ago and had to have surgery. I'm actually pretty lucky in that it doesn't flare up and give me trouble the vast majority of the time. In fact I'd say I made darn near a complete recovery and can still do things I like to do. But sometimes it acts up, usually I don't know what causes it to flare up but it just does every once in a while and last night was one of those nights. today, its better, just tender and sore. Thanks though

Aww, thanks! I was in the mood for new digs, since that other sig, while I love it, I use on a different forum.

Thanks and enjoy! Hope you enjoy it as much as rhymer's fic

you're working today? Just curious as I thought schools were off for the holiday... ?
              Sadly my university does not have many holidays off - we do get MLK though. Campus seems somewhat deserted today so we'll see how many students actually show up for lab in a couple hours...
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Salty!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!
                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                &
                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Sadly my university does not have many holidays off - we do get MLK though. Campus seems somewhat deserted today so we'll see how many students actually show up for lab in a couple hours...
                  ahh, IC! My company doesn't take many of the national holidays (the more ambiguous ones anyway) off. This is a rare one.

Well, I"m off to work on a new story for a fic challenge. Talk later
                  sigpic
                  My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

I actually know where Aurora is! My sister went to IMSA when my parents were living in the NW suburbs (Algonquin/Barrington).
                    I know exactly where Algonquin/Barrington is too. I grew up in Mt. Prospect, lived in Berwyn (was in Wayne's World ) and finally moved to Aurora.

Strey thanks for adding me to the list. If your still looking for a roomy, I will volunteer. I already made a reservation for a 2 double bed room. Let me know if your interested.

Gotta get back to work. One more thing. Fridays really stink now that SGA is off the air.

I think we need a picspam. Any takers. I'm completed blocked so I can't do it.

Later whumpers!!!!!
                    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                    &
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                      I know exactly where Algonquin/Barrington is too. I grew up in Mt. Prospect, lived in Berwyn (was in Wayne's World ) and finally moved to Aurora.

Strey thanks for adding me to the list. If your still looking for a roomy, I will volunteer. I already made a reservation for a 2 double bed room. Let me know if your interested.

Gotta get back to work. One more thing. Fridays really stink now that SGA is off the air.

I think we need a picspam. Any takers. I'm completed blocked so I can't do it.

Later whumpers!!!!!
                      Absobloodylutely! Gotta run...
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi whumpers!!!

Stop by to try a quick catch up, how are you all?

OT whump
                        Spoiler:
                        I watched Man vs Wild last night.....they had to pull Bear out of the jungle by helicopter since he had a severe diarrea!!! you know, that is something I wouldn't like for whumping Shep.....although...if I knew before I read....I'll read it

Well, the week's off to a good start (aside from last night's insomnia, which I means I will sleep well tonight before my flight) - my advisor just canceled our morning meeting. Unfortunately I still have to be at school this morning for office hours and to teach.
                        I hope you can finish soon both, office and teach Vec is it about biology right?

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        Yargh. Feeling knackered. Didn't sleep too well last night...

Hi Ali! How's the kid today?

thanks you guys.

Spoiler:

Ouch! SGA, I'm glad is nothing serious...how did you get injured?

Comment

Where are you from?

Strey - Metro Detroit, US of A
                          Pocus - PA USA
                          Salty - Connecticut, US
                          sej2008- suburban Philadelphia US
                          Vecturist - Tempe AZ, US
                          Lorr - San Francisco, US
                          SGAFan - Post Falls, Idaho USA
                          Maggs - Los Angeles, CA USA
                          Knightie-Long Island , NY USA
                          sherryw -Aurora, IL USA
                          Lythisrose - near Los Angeles, CA USA

RinkRat - Calgary, AB Canada

Steve Austin - Mexico City

Graceful Spirit - Australia

SanGate - The Netherlands

SAF - Germany
                          caty - Bonn, Germany
                          Astraldust - Kaltenkirchen/Germany (another ex-Brummie)

Alipeeps - Leeds, UK
                          queen_hathor - York, N Yorks, UK
                          CazzBlade - Sheffield/York, UK
                          charlie24 - Hastings, UK
                          bandcat - nr Manchester, UK
                          Rhymer - Isle of Whump Wight, UK
                          Squonk - London, UK (originally Birmingham and proud of it!)

SGAFANITALY - Milan, Italy
                          sigpic

Comment

Where are you from?

Strey - Metro Detroit, US of A
                            Pocus - PA USA
                            Salty - Connecticut, US
                            sej2008- suburban Philadelphia US
                            Vecturist - Tempe AZ, US
                            Lorr - San Francisco, US
                            SGAFan - Post Falls, Idaho USA
                            Maggs - Los Angeles, CA USA
                            Knightie-Long Island , NY USA
                            sherryw -Aurora, IL USA
                            Lythisrose - near Los Angeles, CA USA
                            Elflinn- North of Houston, TX USA

RinkRat - Calgary, AB Canada

Steve Austin - Mexico City

Graceful Spirit - Australia

SanGate - The Netherlands

SAF - Germany
                            caty - Bonn, Germany
                            Astraldust - Kaltenkirchen/Germany (another ex-Brummie)

Alipeeps - Leeds, UK
                            queen_hathor - York, N Yorks, UK
                            CazzBlade - Sheffield/York, UK
                            charlie24 - Hastings, UK
                            bandcat - nr Manchester, UK
                            Rhymer - Isle of Whump Wight, UK
                            Squonk - London, UK (originally Birmingham and proud of it!)

SGAFANITALY - Milan, Italy
                            1-800-Iluv-JandT
                            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

SGAFan, I love love love your sig!! That pic on the right is really gorgeous!!!
                              there are so many great sigs in here ATM. I love the artistry!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                              Yargh. Feeling knackered. Didn't sleep too well last night...
                              Well, no wonder when you were up at all hours! I hope you're putting your feet up today and relaxing.

Maybe none and you can leave?

I love that my company recognizes this holiday. We don't get another until Memorial Day in late May. I think I am going to have to burn a vacation day between now and then.

Happy Birthday, Salty!!

My goodness, we are from all over the place!

Comment

Originally posted by charlie24 View Post

I'll call it organised

The simplest things and he gets whumped - poor John….
                                he luvs it

yes.. thats me WAAAY out in the sticks in North Idaho US! (but *shhhh* its lovely here and I wouldn't trade living here for the world... just don't tell anybody, we like our small populations! )

So, I was visiting the Creation site last night and noticed the photo op with the "Guys of Atlantis" OMG! A photo op with Connor Trineer, Joe Flangan, Robert Picardo and Paul McGillion in the same shot with you! *thunk* Its way expensive but I couldn't resist... afterall, this will probably be my last Con. *winces at the pricetag* but what a once in lifetime opportunity!

How is everyone today? I'm off to do a bit of writing but will be around.. kinda. hehe

*hugs*
                                sounds like a keeper already! :-))))

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post

*hyperventilates* Shep whump, Ronon whump... AND drippy blood... are you trying to kill me SAF??
                                Well....

Oh, and love it!

Originally posted by prion View Post
                                There's a little Shep whumping in the latest installment of Stargate Atlantis Action Figure Theater - "Sunday, Bloody Valentine" which is sorta self-explanatory. Otherwise, just the usual insane stuff

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/307754.html

okie dokie! LAST CHAPTER of Cold Silence is posted.

Cold Silence Chapter 7

and for anyone who might have been waiting until its finished, it is!
                                *bookmarked* forgot where I was, so will start from the beginning again

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X