John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merlin7
    and the way he looks in the chair. Both times really. The way he looks with Everett, talking about Sumner. God he was so WHUMPED! In SIEGE 1 it was physical with an emotional edge. Then Siege 2 he just kept getting emotionally whumped. I hated the alarm bell going off. Shep was finally talking about the guilt. <Tears hair out>

And then to be in the chair the second time, desperate to get this to work, then to run off to face his own death. Geez. Shep is gonna need major therapy when he gets back from this. And so will I! LOL
    Indeed I feel it will be group therapy...we'll all be there...

I can't believe I have to wait until July to see the conclusion...and that's by *whispers* downloading it...since it's October over here...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
      and the way he looks in the chair. Both times really. The way he looks with Everett, talking about Sumner. God he was so WHUMPED! In SIEGE 1 it was physical with an emotional edge. Then Siege 2 he just kept getting emotionally whumped. I hated the alarm bell going off. Shep was finally talking about the guilt. <Tears hair out>
      so true! both times that the chair weren't working, he's just so in pain... and it's obvious he's trying (but failing) to hide it throughout the ep

the emotional whumpage in this episode was just so heartbreaking... and i just rewatched LFP again, and WOW... so much whump there too! i'd almost forgotten just how powerful the whump was in that one

i was so mad at that alarm!! but i think he was almost relieved to not have to talk about it...

And then to be in the chair the second time, desperate to get this to work, then to run off to face his own death. Geez. Shep is gonna need major therapy when he gets back from this. And so will I! LOL

yes! he's sad and worried and desperate all at the same time, yet as he leaves he's all those AND determined to save everyone by destroying those ships....

Comment

He's a cutie....Poor lad, got a lota baggage after Raising.

He can't even get home *sniff's*

Comment

awww... SR just saw rising and is ALREADY whumping shep! poor guy... he really DID have so much baggage right off the bat... i mean, you could see it EVEN when jack is trying ro convince him to go to atlantis... you can just see there's some baggage there, and adefinite reason why perhaps he doesn't want to get involved in something so big... i think it has something to do with not wanting to have that kind of thing thrust on him... being asked to come solely to operate the ancient tech which he knows vitually nothing about... i mean, i think you can tell he doesn't want that kind or responsibility or to have that many people looking up to him... which is REALLY why i think all the responsibility just builds and snowballs and wears on him over the season... he didn't really want it in the first place...

and when he gives that message in LFP about sumner, that's exactly what he was saying... he didn't want that kind of responsibility, and it's very hard to deal with andlive with...

Comment

Let's hope he gets better ata dealin with it.

Comment

hehe... actually i love the fact that he still isn't able to deal with it... i want him to very slowly start to deal with it with the help of people close to him... i don't think alone without people showing him he's not alone in it that he'd really be able to truly deal with it... he'd go back to doing what he is now without support... he buries it all under a happy, friendly, outgoing, and cheerful facade which slowly fades away as it becomes harder for him to deal with everything...

Comment

Originally posted by emily_reich
                hehe... actually i love the fact that he still isn't able to deal with it... i want him to very slowly start to deal with it with the help of people close to him...
                Yes. I hope this plays out slowly over season 2 as well. There's such a lot the writers can play around with here.

So, seeing as we now have a wait until we see some new episodes, anyone got any good "whumping" fanfic they know of? I thought this was pretty good:-

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2259702/1/

Comment

Just going to be in a BIG whine here.

Just read the repeat schedule for April on SciFi, and they're doing it AGAIN.

Rising part 1 and 2
                  Hide and Seek
                  Suspicion

And they're skipping "38 Minutes" - again. I have no idea why SciFi keeps doing this. So, gonna send off an email to their feedback email at

[email protected]

and request they show the episodes in order.

"38 Minutes" is a great episode.

Maybe if enough people write, they'll show it, or at least off some excuse as to why they don't show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                    Yes. I hope this plays out slowly over season 2 as well. There's such a lot the writers can play around with here.

So, seeing as we now have a wait until we see some new episodes, anyone got any good "whumping" fanfic they know of? I thought this was pretty good:-

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2259702/1/
                    Join this group

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SGAHC/

Puts out a ton of whumping fiction, mostly Sheppard and McKay. And often gets material that doesn't get to fanfiction.net.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Join this group

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SGAHC/

Puts out a ton of whumping fiction, mostly Sheppard and McKay. And often gets material that doesn't get to fanfiction.net.

Thanks Prion! Will check it out!

Comment

WOW! Just WOW! Poor poor Shep!! I loved that scene with Everett - when he said Sumner was a friend of his, the look on Shep's face that he now had to talk about it and defend his actions. Dang those alarms - talk about timing! I'm sure Shep was relieved he didn't have to go further - but we were robbed of more whumping!!!

And the end scene of Shep on the jumper. His face. The determination - he's thinking he can make things right by his suicide mission. The podcast said they debated on how to do that scene and finally decided on the shot of Shep's face - how could they not? The man is an acting GOD! He tells us everything he's feeling - all that guilt, the emotion, the fear and determination!!

And they're skipping "38 Minutes" - again. I have no idea why SciFi keeps doing this. So, gonna send off an email to their feedback email at
                        WHAT?? That's the BEST ep!! Why would they leave that out? I"m off to complain right after this little tidbit.....

Joe is doing the commentary on the Rising DVD being released June 7th!!
                        sigpic
                        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Just loved Siege II!!!! I positively wanted to punch Col. Everrett from the beginning - right after he came through the stargate and was so condescending to Weir. I love the emotional whump to Shep. When Everrett says that Sumner was his friend and it looked like he wanted to bring up Shep on charges or something. The look on Shep's face when he was trying to explain. I thought Shep wanted to punch Everrett in the face at one point. Then, at the end, when he's up in the puddlejumper and it's getting closer and closer to the hiveships - his expression. Then "To be continued"!! Arrgh!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                            Joe is doing the commentary on the Rising DVD being released June 7th!!
                            Darn! Why didn't we get that on the UK DVD that we've just had?

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                              Okay, so we have Jack whumping and Daniel whumping. Now it's Sheppard's turn

Any fans out there? Show of hands? Anyone else get those tummy flips when Shep gets hurt? 38 Minutes and The Defiant One rank at the top of my fave ep list.

My name is Gekko and I'm a Whumpaholic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                                I don't know about being considered a whumper but I do feel like climbing into the tv show and helping him when he is hurting and taking care of him.
                                Me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X