Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rootortoise
    SQUEE crutches would be great!!
    and linzi..we dont get it because its sooooo amazingly beautifully whumpy that they wouldnt do it because we really want it!!!!!
    im hoping in the 2nd half of season 3 we get some amazing shep whump!!!! and a little blood would be nice too
    My experience with crutches...
    • Crutches are fun for the first minute as you bop around the hospital corridor, until you nearly run into a wall. Then you realize you're stuck with them for weeks, can't drive, etc.
    • If they don't give you the proper size, you can kill yourself I notice on TV most of the time they never get the right sized crutches. It's like "we have one set of crutches for someone 5'5"; no one will notice they're too short for you."
    • Crutches scare the wits out of cats (in case you work small animals into your stories; dogs them initially as something to attack).
    • GOing down the stairs on crutches.... just crawl. So much safer!
    • As soon as you're on crutches, people at work instantly want to hand you big things you can't take (it's like their brains just seize up and don't size up the fact that your hands are full).
    • You're at the mercy of everybody else to get a cup of coffee!

Still have my crutches up in the attic, although if I ever need another pair, definitely do not want the wooden ones. Heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      [*]Crutches scare the wits out of cats (in case you work small animals into your stories; dogs them initially as something to attack). [*]GOing down the stairs on crutches.... just crawl. So much safer! [*]As soon as you're on crutches, people at work instantly want to hand you big things you can't take (it's like their brains just seize up and don't size up the fact that your hands are full). [*]You're at the mercy of everybody else to get a cup of coffee![/LIST]

well i dont think shep has to worry about cats in atlantis LOL...although it wud certainly be interesting to see shep crawling down the control room steps after a meeting with elizabeth LOL...heh we need shep on crutches just for some comedic moments as uve mentioned above haha...well that and just cos its still good whump..espesh if we get limping, bleeding shep beforehand!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Oh God. I am so not taking those tablets the doctor gave me again tomorrow. I took one, sat here talking to you guys for an hour or so, suddenly thought you know I feel a little sick - then I stood up.

I've been vomiting, shaking, had hot sweats, cold sweats and had pins and needles throughout my whole body.

Do you ever get the feeling somebody up there hates you?

Comment

Congrats on 700 posts Obsessed1!!!
          Chicago Con Attendee 2011
          Chicago Con Attendee 2010
          GateCon Attendee 2008
          Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

congrats O1 on 700

Comment

Right I'm gong to crawl my way back to bed. Talk to you all a little later maybe.

Comment

Yeah, you go to bed Josie. The last time I had an ailment like yours, I got so nauseaous and dehydrated that I needed two IV bags and was prescribed some really nasty suppositories to keep me from getting sicker. It's so, so sad that the best anti-nausea medications in the world are suppositories. I thought I was going to die. Not pleasant, avoid it if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                  Right I'm gong to crawl my way back to bed. Talk to you all a little later maybe.
                  Bye josie!! hope u feel better soon!!!

CG is still just in the lead in the ep poll...anyone who hasnt voted go show your support for it!!! mm and is just behind.....but of course i want CG to win...i may be biased here..ahem..but i just dont know how mm and m can quite compare to the emotional rollercoaster of CG..and believe me i did like mm and m....but CG rocked!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Oh God. I am so not taking those tablets the doctor gave me again tomorrow. I took one, sat here talking to you guys for an hour or so, suddenly thought you know I feel a little sick - then I stood up.

I've been vomiting, shaking, had hot sweats, cold sweats and had pins and needles throughout my whole body.

Feel better soon, Josie!
                    sigpic

Comment

Josie, You need to call the doc's office if you haven't already, hon. A reaction like that may mean they need to adjust the dosages...or possibly even put you on a different prescription. Hope you get to feeling better!

WannaBe

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper
                        Josie, You need to call the doc's office if you haven't already, hon. A reaction like that may mean they need to adjust the dosages...or possibly even put you on a different prescription. Hope you get to feeling better!

WannaBe
                        Agreed. Very sensible reply!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh poor you! Are those symptoms listed as possible side-effects in the leaflet that comes with the tablets? Either way, you must contact your dr tomorrow and tell him you've had this reaction. Any significant adverse reaction to medication must be notified honey...

Hope he gets you sorted soon with something more suitable for you...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1

O1SC: she spiked my drink
                            Spoiler:

O1SC: I saw double, triple, quad-

O1SC: then i passed out

O1SC: i was feeling really sick

O1SC: i had to be dragged home

See i dragged my SC along for the fun
                            When I watched 38 Minutes last night and they were getting ready to drag Shep into the event horizon, I noticed how cute his belly button is!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                              My experience with crutches...
                              • Crutches are fun for the first minute as you bop around the hospital corridor, until you nearly run into a wall. Then you realize you're stuck with them for weeks, can't drive, etc.
                              • If they don't give you the proper size, you can kill yourself I notice on TV most of the time they never get the right sized crutches. It's like "we have one set of crutches for someone 5'5"; no one will notice they're too short for you."
                              • Crutches scare the wits out of cats (in case you work small animals into your stories; dogs them initially as something to attack).
                              • GOing down the stairs on crutches.... just crawl. So much safer!
                              • As soon as you're on crutches, people at work instantly want to hand you big things you can't take (it's like their brains just seize up and don't size up the fact that your hands are full).
                              • You're at the mercy of everybody else to get a cup of coffee!

Still have my crutches up in the attic, although if I ever need another pair, definitely do not want the wooden ones. Heavy!
                              OMG Prion!! Too funny and way to true!! I have my crutches in the basement. I need them like every two or three years due to moment of stupidity.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sorry you're feeling so ill Josie. Get better soon and you're right, dont take any more of those tablets until you've spoken to your doctor x x

Comment

Working...
                                X