John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    *sob* The Killing Frost is finally finished... it's over and done with. And dayum it's been a great fic! If you haven't read it - do so! Those who don't like WIPs? It's now complete - read it!

Ditto! Gripping from start to finish and the best representation of Caldwell in a fic ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      Well it looks like you guys are going to have to put up with me hanging around and annoying you for a while. The doctor's just signed me off for two weeks at least.

Depression. She thinks it was brought on by the stress over my Dad and this virus I've had plus I'm slightly anaemic so I've been feeling physically crappy, I think she's right. Now I'm on anti-depressants as well as the meds I take for my bi-polar disorder, add with the other meds I take I rattle if you pick me up.
      Sympathetically - bummer for you that you're still feeling crummy and low.

Selfishly - glad that we get more time to chat with you on here!

Hopefully the new meds will help - you just gotta give em time. And don't let your miserable boss try and guilt you about being off work! If you're sick, you're sick!

((((hugs)))))
      sigpic

Comment

Ditto! Gripping from start to finish and the best representation of Caldwell in a fic ever.
        Definitely - Caldwell is a complex character and it's all too easy to just cast him as the out and out villain and that's not what the character is. Sholio totally captured him and I found myself at once hating him, liking him and respecting him throughout this fic! Sign of a damn good author...
        sigpic

Comment

Sympathetically - bummer for you that you're still feeling crummy and low.

Selfishly - glad that we get more time to chat with you on here!

Hopefully the new meds will help - you just gotta give em time. And don't let your miserable boss try and guilt you about being off work! If you're sick, you're sick!

((((hugs)))))
          I've got to phone work and tell them but the thought makes me feel physically sick. I just can't face it right now.

I told the doctor they were giving me a hard time and she just said "not your problem, you're not fit to work" I guess you're both right. I just don't want people thinking badly of me and I know they are going to really be a in a bind without me, especially with all the Xmas orders coming in.

Comment

Definitely - Caldwell is a complex character and it's all too easy to just cast him as the out and out villain and that's not what the character is. Sholio totally captured him and I found myself at once hating him, liking him and respecting him throughout this fic! Sign of a damn good author...
            The thing is Caldwell can be a bit of an arse and he is ambitious...but he's still a good man and both Weir and Sheppard have a great deal of respect for him, as they should. He's more of a by the book military man than Shep but that's not always a bad thing.

Sholio allowed him to still be arrogant and by the book but also let him be heroic and likable now I would just love to see Mitch go through the Gate and get to be in on the action for once.

It constantly annoys me how often he's just portrayed as a pantomime villian, a cardboard cutout bad guy or more disturbingly as a murderer/rapist/psychopath.

Comment

I've got to phone work and tell them but the thought makes me feel physically sick. I just can't face it right now.

I told the doctor they were giving me a hard time and she just said "not your problem, you're not fit to work" I guess you're both right. I just don't want people thinking badly of me and I know they are going to really be a in a bind without me, especially with all the Xmas orders coming in.
              You're like me - too much of a work ethic. I feel guilty about being off work even though I'm ill too! Crazy huh? But your dr is right - the simple fact is you are not fit to work and that's all there is to it. Your employers will just have to cope without you.. harsh, but that's life. You can't put your health at risk just because they haven't organised their staffing levels properly to be able to adequately cover illness.

It's not your problem.

OKay? *hugs*
              Last edited by Alipeeps; 02 October 2006, 01:53 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

You're like too - too much of a work ethic. I feel guilty about being off work even though I'm ill too! Crazy huh? But your dr is right - the simple fact is you are not fit to work and that's all there is to it. Your employers will just have to cope without you.. harsh, but that's life. You can't put your health at risk just because they haven't organised their staffing levels properly to be able to adequately cover illness.

It's not your problem.

OKay? *hugs*
                I think I just need to find a job I can do from home or at least one that will allow for me to have good days and bad days. What I'm doing now just isn't something that I can cope with when I'm not well. It's physically demanding, noisy and claustrophobic.

Comment

I think I just need to find a job I can do from home or at least one that will allow for me to have good days and bad days. What I'm doing now just isn't something that I can cope with when I'm not well. It's physically demanding, noisy and claustrophobic.

Oh that sounds terrible ....you do need to find something new!!!!

Working from home is good- but hard when you have GW tempting you!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                    Oh that sounds terrible ....you do need to find something new!!!!

Working from home is good- but hard when you have GW tempting you!!
                    Yeah, look at SLC - she gets *no* work done!
                    sigpic

Comment

I know but I can be disciplined when i need to be. I just don't have any actual skills.

I've been looking into things you can do from home and there's book-keeping which I think I could do but would probably hate. Proofreading - but Ali will tell you how awful my grammar and punctuation is. But actually finding the work even once your qualified to do anything is difficult.

I guess I'm just realising how badly educated I am. I'm 30 years old and not qualified to do anything.

Comment

Yeah, look at SLC - she gets *no* work done!
                        I'm sometimes amazed she still has a business at all.

Comment

I know but I can be disciplined when i need to be. I just don't have any actual skills.

I've been looking into things you can do from home and there's book-keeping which I think I could do but would probably hate. Proofreading - but Ali will tell you how awful my grammar and punctuation is. But actually finding the work even once your qualified to do anything is difficult.

I guess I'm just realising how badly educated I am. I'm 30 years old and not qualified to do anything.
                          Can you not look at doing admin work? It's not working from home but it should be a less high-stress environment than what you're doing atm?

Obviously you can type and use word-processor packages etc - I mean, I have *no* secretarial qualifications whatsoever... I just kind of fell into it as a career. All I have is experience..... and a lot of it is just common sense..
                          sigpic

Comment

Can you not look at doing admin work? It's not working from home but it should be a less high-stress environment than what you're doing atm?

Obviously you can type and use word-processor packages etc - I mean, I have *no* secretarial qualifications whatsoever... I just kind of fell into it as a career. All I have is experience..... and a lot of it is just common sense..

It's pretty tough to find any kind of work around here my sister has been looking for a new job and she has 18 years of office experience and hasn't even got interviews for some jobs, she's been told that over 250 people applied for an admin job at a local doctors surgery. In a small market town that's a lot of people. Plus I have no office experience (apart from a disastrous 3 month stint as an negotiator for an estate agents that I'd rather forget all about) just 5 years agricultural piece work followed by another 5 years of factory work. No one will take me seriously and I've been through the whole sending off CV's and applications forms only to be ignored business and it's not much fun.

Comment

It's pretty tough to find any kind of work around here my sister has been looking for a new job and she has 18 years of office experience and hasn't even got interviews for some jobs, she's been told that over 250 people applied for an admin job at a local doctors surgery. In a small market town that's a lot of people. Plus I have no office experience (apart from a disastrous 3 month stint as an negotiator for an estate agents that I'd rather forget all about) just 5 years agricultural piece work followed by another 5 years of factory work. No one will take me seriously and I've been through the whole sending off CV's and applications forms only to be ignored business and it's not much fun.
                              Ohh I feel for ya honey. I used to live in a fairly rural area myself and trying to find work is a nightmare...

((((hugs))))
                              sigpic

Comment

That's tough, Josie. I'm sure there's a job waiting out there somewhere for you with your name on it. It's just finding the thing you want to do and being in the right place at the right time. You'll sort it all out.
                                250 people for one job is ridiculous, isn't it? What chance does a person stand with those odds?
                                Well, on the bright side, you may be ill, but at least you can spend time recouperating here with us sad losers!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X