John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    I'd like to say a massive, public THANK YOU to Prion for saving my ass... and my fic! Turns out I didn't have this fic saved anywhere - not even on my work computer - and without Prion being a superstar and posting it up where I could copy it, this story would be gone forever!

So thank you thank you thank you Prion!

And thanks also to the lovely Salty and all the other wonderful people who checked and asked their friends to check in case they had it. You're all fabby!

At least now I have learnt my lesson and have copied and pasted the content of ALL of my fics into word docs and saved them all into properly organised folders on the server at home... and I've emailed Uncommon Consequences to myself so I can add that to the collection when I get home tonight.

*phew*

Crisis over. The fic content has been fixed at ffnet. Thanks for all your help...
    Heh, being a packrat pays off! (now if I could say that for the collection of catalogs from the 1980s...)

Don't forget to backup the pC. Boy, I learned that less. 'Click of death' and that was it for the hard drive!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Heh, being a packrat pays off! (now if I could say that for the collection of catalogs from the 1980s...)

Don't forget to backup the pC. Boy, I learned that less. 'Click of death' and that was it for the hard drive!
      I know nothing of such arcane matters but hubby assures me that not only is the server backed up regularly, but the data is also stored across five raid drives so even if one fails none of the data should be lost.

All greek to me but as long as it work!
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning Whumpers!!

Wow, excellent news about Joe and family! Another boy! THey are so lucky.

Josie - hope you you get well soon. Keep your butt home in bed and drink lots of fluids. Tell work to go to h*ll.

Hm...anything else I missed?
        sigpic

Comment

Hi all! *waves madly*

CONGRADULATIONS JOSIE ON2600 POSTS!

Ali - glad you got your fic probs sorted out! That's awful that ffnet stuffed it for you.

Josie - hope you feel better soon.

Squee for those going to cons! Don't forget to take pics and tell us everything when you get back!
          sigpic
          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

I know nothing of such arcane matters but hubby assures me that not only is the server backed up regularly, but the data is also stored across five raid drives so even if one fails none of the data should be lost.

All greek to me but as long as it work!
            Five raid drives? Okay, that's geek to me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              Five raid drives? Okay, that's geek to me too!!
              All geek to me too.

I'm a huge fan of backing things up. Especially after learning the hard way when hubby and I literally had to wipe out everything and then reinstall everything because of a darned virus. The stuff I lost..ouch!! I learned the hard way and now have disks and memory sticks full of suff...
              sigpic

Comment

I have to admit I don't back stuff up often. I've been burnt before, too, so you'd think I'd have learnt by now. *shrugs*

Watching NCIS and Conner Trineer's guest starring.
                sigpic

Comment

Aww that's lovely news! Congrats to Joe and family!

*Mind you, I bet they were hoping for a girl after 2 boys!*

I have a friend who has 3 sons and it occured to me one time that that meant she was the only woman in a household of five... I mentioned it to her and she just said, "Sometimes, Ali, I really feel it!"

Although I'm sure a little girl would have had Joe wrapped around her little finger, I can tell you from experience.....girls are SO much harder than boys!! I have one of each and my boy is a peace of cake. The girl - one word....ARGH!!!

But congrats to Joe and I hope everyone is healthy!!!
                  sigpic
                  Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Hello everyone! Sorry its been a while. Have to work over the weekends and couldn't get to a computer to Squee with you all. lol.

What have I missed?
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

What's this Joe Flanigan is a daddy again?
                      sigpic

Comment

Chapter one of my new fic, 'Not Alone' is up. I learned from the last fic, so it won't be long between chapters for this one. Keep in mind it's AU from the end of Season 2, so nothing from Season 3 has happened, although it has influenced the ending.

Not Alone - Chapter 1
                        sigpic

Comment

Congratz to the Flanigans.

A baby Boy! So cute!
                          [CENTER][CENTER]

Comment

I love your new sig Sweety!
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah a baby boy, how sweet. Anybody know what they called him?

Sweety - Loving the Shep my hero sig. So hypnotic...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
                                Chapter one of my new fic, 'Not Alone' is up. I learned from the last fic, so it won't be long between chapters for this one. Keep in mind it's AU from the end of Season 2, so nothing from Season 3 has happened, although it has influenced the ending.

Not Alone - Chapter 1
                                Heee. Glad to see you've posted it! It's awesome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X