No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I'm getting way behind on my post target.

And I'm way behind on my writing too...not to mention that the story is going horribly, I thought I had it all sussed out but now I'm not so sure. Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      Oh I'm getting way behind on my post target.

And I'm way behind on my writing too...not to mention that the story is going horribly, I thought I had it all sussed out but now I'm not so sure. Argh!
      That happened to my current fic. It wasn't going how I planned, and I didn't like it, so, I scrapped the chapter I was writing and I re-wrote the whole chapter. It's with IWTB now, but she's having a mammoth shopping trip, poor thing, so hopefully, if she likes it, I'll be able to post it soon. I had to walk away and leave my fic for a few days before I could go back to it. It's a really difficult story to write
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
        That happened to my current fic. It wasn't going how I planned, and I didn't like it, so, I scrapped the chapter I was writing and I re-wrote the whole chapter. It's with IWTB now, but she's having a mammoth shopping trip, poor thing, so hopefully, if she likes it, I'll be able to post it soon. I had to walk away and leave my fic for a few days before I could go back to it. It's a really difficult story to write
        If you're talking about Failure what you've published thus far is some of the best stuff you've ever written IMO. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

I shouldn't have posted the first chapter of my story as soon as I did, I won't make that mistake again, but hey we live and learn.

Your first chapter was very intriguing Ali I look forward to finding out more.

Comment

You'll do it easily. Why? Because of two possible scenarios:
          A) CG piccies are posted and we squee non stop about them. we'll get RSA!
          B) CG piccies aren't posted and we'll complain to anyone that will listen...and get RSA.
          Thus our post counts will all increase to the required milestones!

Okay now I feel really relaxed about it I hope it is A rather than B!!!

Comment

If you're talking about Failure what you've published thus far is some of the best stuff you've ever written IMO. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

I shouldn't have posted the first chapter of my story as soon as I did, I won't make that mistake again, but hey we live and learn.

Your first chapter was very intriguing Ali I look forward to finding out more.
            I don't mind you saying that at all! I'm actually not very happy with it, to be honest. I re-read through my posted chapters before I continue writing, which ever fic I'm writing, so I get the feel again, and re-reading Failure, well, I just felt pretty 'meh' about it. Still do. It just seems boring to me. I only read it because I had to. If someone else had written it, and I was reading it for entertainment, well, suffice it to say I wouldn't have been entertained thus far.
            Though, to be fair, I cringe when I re-read any of my fics!
            I prefer reading other people's to mine! So, I bet your one is great!
            sigpic

Comment

I don't mind you saying that at all! I'm actually not very happy with it, to be honest. I re-read through my posted chapters before I continue writing, which ever fic I'm writing, so I get the feel again, and re-reading Failure, well, I just felt pretty 'meh' about it. Still do. It just seems boring to me. I only read it because I had to. If someone else had written it, and I was reading it for entertainment, well, suffice it to say I wouldn't have been entertained thus far.
              Well I like it.

My story I'm just confused about at the moment I wish I'd gone with another fic idea I have first and given this one a bit more time. It started off all exciting but the next couple of chapters are going to be quite dull and there's some OC's to be introduced and I can only hope people won't find them annoying. *sigh* Oh well can't be helped now.

Comment

You're always your own worst critic (and by this I mean a general "you," not you in particular). Tchaikovsky hated the Nutcracker suite, and now to say it's famous would be an understatement.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Well I like it.

My story I'm just confused about at the moment I wish I'd gone with another fic idea I have first and given this one a bit more time. It started off all exciting but the next couple of chapters are going to be quite dull and there's some OC's to be introduced and I can only hope people won't find them annoying. *sigh* Oh well can't be helped now.
                  I think, as a reader, one can't expect every chapter to be fulll of action or whump. Sometimes there have to be chapters of expositino or consolidation. OC's are good, IMO, just like we get in episodes. So, I'll look forward to reading more!

Edit: Have I tuned Italian? Expositino? lol! I meant exposition!!!!!
                  Last edited by Linzi; 15 August 2006, 11:04 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I see SLC 's been flirting with Bam Bam again. She even made the poor boy blush you know Shep is going to be getting jealous.

Comment

I see SLC 's been flirting with Bam Bam again. She even made the poor boy blush you know Shep is going to be getting jealous.

Okay busted! I cant help it!!!!! But Shep knows he is the only one I REALLY love
                      Spoiler:
                      oh and my husband too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                        You're always your own worst critic (and by this I mean a general "you," not you in particular). Tchaikovsky hated the Nutcracker suite, and now to say it's famous would be an understatement.
                        I love Tchaikovsky, when so many of my fellow musicians have looked
                        down their noses at him, especially my peers when I was at Music College. I'm not a snob, and I like what pleases me...emotional impact over strucure and form for me, but, my own writing doesn't please me! If I wrote like Tchaikovsky, I'd be thrilled, lol!
                        sigpic

Comment

Linzi: Stop talking nonsense, your fic is good!

Ali, your first chapter is intriguing, will we get more tonight??? Left you a review...

BamBam answered my question about the CG pics and he said there was no conspiracy
                          He left me more excited about TRW.. There might be some Shep-moments and he says that his relationship with Weir will deepen (although he wouldn't tell if there was any shipping involved... I doubt it)
                          *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                            Okay busted! I cant help it!!!!! But Shep knows he is the only one I REALLY love
                            Spoiler:
                            oh and my husband too!!!
                            I laughed when I saw that on the BamBam thread. Didn't laugh at some of the other things though
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                              Spoiler:
                              oh and my husband too!!!
                              Hey as long as you can get little bits of info out of him flirt away!

Though you really did unleash a smilie monster on the world.

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                                Linzi: Stop talking nonsense, your fic is good!

Ali, your first chapter is intriguing, will we get more tonight??? Left you a review...

BamBam answered my question about the CG pics and he said there was no conspiracy
                                He left me more excited about TRW.. There might be some Shep-moments and he says that his relationship with Weir will deepen (although he wouldn't tell if there was any shipping involved... I doubt it)
                                You're being too kind, as usual. Well, except when you tease me about my lack of computer skills, lol!!!!!!!!!
                                I've said it before, I'll say it again...I only want the Deddy in SGA, no other ship!!!!!! They'll probably blow it up just to spite me!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X