X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
    I know this is way OT and totally the wrong thread but
    Spoiler:
    I could've snogged him to within an inch of his life in that infirmary scene!!!

*naughty Mx*
    Naughty, indeed! But we love you for it!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
      I know this is way OT and totally the wrong thread but
      Spoiler:
      I could've snogged him to within an inch of his life in that infirmary scene!!!

*naughty Mx*
      Nope, that's ok... The ep and Shep bits were so great, I actually didn't feel cheated because others got more whumped
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan
        Hi whumpers.

I'm so sorry for being absent, I've had trouble accessing gateworld and the forum part lately. Not sure why.

Glad to be able to stop in though! I have a few caps from Sateda, my apologies if someone has posted caps from this scene already, I capped it myself over the weekend.

spoilers for Sateda

Spoiler:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for the nice pics! *drools* *faints*

Thanks to Lauriel for the sig.

Comment

SGAFan, those piccies were wonderful. Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
            I sometimes think that I'm too easily pleased because I don't go into watching a SGA or SG1 ep expecting Shakespeare I just want to be entertained for a little while. I want to look at the pretty people, be made to laugh a few times and maybe see some cool spaceships. Yes, it's shallow but most TV is!
            I think you have the right idea. I'm not sure why TV can't be a little bit of mindless pleasure. I enjoy the stories, the characters, the music, scenery, and the effects- the prettty sure doesn't hurt, if you know who I mean! Some episodes are better than others, some are dark, some are light- all are meant to be enjoyed. Life is bad enough. I go to the TV to find pleasure and entertainment, not great art and horror worse than real life. I think SGA has found a fabulous balance in entertainment. They tackle some issues, but I am still kept ammused and entertained.

I think if one gets to the point when a TV show doesn't entertain them or please them anymore, they should be smart enough to turn it off, not watch it week after week and go to forums to complain about it and ruin it for others. Lately, my biggest pet peeve with the naysayers is the whole BSG rub. This is a Stargate forum, not a compare BSG with SG forum. And honestly, has BSG ever done anything wrong in their opinions!?! And I will say it here, but would never dare in the regular episode threads: SGA is way better than BSG (IMHO) and Sheppard is way better than Apollo- so there.

Comment

Excellent pictures!!! Squee!!

I am very optimistic about CG. Don't know why, I just am!! I can't help it. SQUEE!!!!!!

Ok, now I'm sounding like an idiot.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                Excellent pictures!!! Squee!!

I am very optimistic about CG. Don't know why, I just am!! I can't help it. SQUEE!!!!!!

Ok, now I'm sounding like an idiot.

Don't worry, you've got good company
                *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity228
                  I think you have the right idea. I'm not sure why TV can't be a little bit of mindless pleasure. I enjoy the stories, the characters, the music, scenery, and the effects- the prettty sure doesn't hurt, if you know who I mean! Some episodes are better than others, some are dark, some are light- all are meant to be enjoyed. Life is bad enough. I go to the TV to find pleasure and entertainment, not great art and horror worse than real life. I think SGA has found a fabulous balance in entertainment. They tackle some issues, but I am still kept ammused and entertained.

I think if one gets to the point when a TV show doesn't entertain them or please them anymore, they should be smart enough to turn it off, not watch it week after week and go to forums to complain about it and ruin it for others. Lately, my biggest pet peeve with the naysayers is the whole BSG rub. This is a Stargate forum, not a compare BSG with SG forum. And honestly, has BSG ever done anything wrong in their opinions!?! And I will say it here, but would never dare in the regular episode threads: SGA is way better than BSG (IMHO) and Sheppard is way better than Apollo- so there.
                  you forgot to add tis to the end of that last sentence:
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm a sci-fi fan and have loved many shows over the years. I'm a big fan of the new BSG I think it does a lot of things right and I enjoy it a great deal - that doesn't mean every other sci-fi show should try to copy it, I'm not interested in watching a BSG clone.

The Stargate universe very much has it's own identity and IMO it works. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement - there is but I could say the same thing about BSG.

And as for Apollo I have to agree with you, the character is rather dull and wooden IMO, one of the weakest links in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                      We're in south carolina, my husband is stationed at a military base here. The weather our first two summers was really up and down. We had some hot days but there were enough cooler days (low 80's) and plenty of rain and thunderstorms interspersed to make it all very bearable, in fact, I wondered why everyone complained about how hot it was because we'd moved here from Edwards AFB where it was 116 a lot of the time in the summers. But this summer...oy! This is bad. It's the constant heat without any breaks that is making it so unbearable. I don't think we had one day in the 80's for all of July. Not one. And the only rain we've had has been late at night with a few isolated thunderstorms that were very isolated and short. It *bites*!!! And dang PTB won't even release some CG pics to cheer me up, drat it all!

Oh, and we do have A/C but eeek, even set at 74, like last night, it was up to 81 in the house. It just can't keep up with the huge vaulted ceilings and we only have the one unit for the entire house. I know some people say it takes two to really maintain anything cooler than 20 degrees below the outside temperature.
                      Wow, I'm in SC too. I hate to say it, but I think the previous two summers were abnormally cool. It is usually very hot here all summer long. It seems like the weather never changes.

I grew up near Seattle, WA, so when I moved here , it was a huge , hot shock. Hang in there, and welcome to the South (such as it is temperature wise). But honestly sweetie, I suffering too. You will always have a sympathetique ear with me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                        I'm a sci-fi fan and have loved many shows over the years. I'm a big fan of the new BSG I think it does a lot of things right and I enjoy it a great deal - that doesn't mean every other sci-fi show should try to copy it, I'm not interested in watching a BSG clone.

The Stargate universe very much has it's own identity and IMO it works. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement - there is but I could say the same thing about BSG.

And as for Apollo I have to agree with you, the character is rather dull and wooden IMO, one of the weakest links in the show.
                        I didn't mean to dis a show you liked. Sorry. I really like it too. It's just those "posters" (you know who I mean) in the episode threads that compare every move SGA makes to BSG that makes me want to tear my hair out. BSG and SGA are two very different shows. Difference is good; it makes the world go around. It's like the age old "you can't compare apples and oranges."

Sorry for the rant. I should take my own advice and stay out of the episode threads. Besides it's so much friendlier and prettier in here!

Comment

I didn't mean to dis a show you liked. Sorry. I really like it too. It's just those "posters" (you know who I mean) in the episode threads that compare every move SGA makes to BSG that makes me want to tear my hair out. BSG and SGA are two very different shows. Difference is good; it makes the world go around. It's like the age old "you can't compare apples and oranges."

Sorry for the rant. I should take my own advice and stay out of the episode threads. Besides it's so much friendlier and prettier in here!
                          No, I was agreeing with you, sorry if that didn't come across clearly. I think everything you said makes sense and I agree that the constant negative comparisons are annoying. If they like BSG better than SGA then why don't they spend their time on a BSG board?

Now some of that pretty you were talking about.

Comment

OMG. Just saw Sateda.

Best. Freaking. Episode. Ever.

That scene
                            Spoiler:
                            with Teyla, it was... just... Adorkable?
                            I think that's my favourite scene in the whole series right now. Wow. Wow. Wow.
                            Absolutely wonderful. As were all the little character scenes. I loved Carson and Rodney.

I know I'm not terribly coherent right now, sorry

Banner by *E*K*R*

Comment

YW for the pics I had you guys in mind when I capped them

sigpic
                              My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by andi_b
                                OMG. Just saw Sateda.

Best. Freaking. Episode. Ever.

That scene
                                Spoiler:
                                with Teyla, it was... just... Adorkable?
                                I think that's my favourite scene in the whole series right now. Wow. Wow. Wow.
                                Absolutely wonderful. As were all the little character scenes. I loved Carson and Rodney.

I know I'm not terribly coherent right now, sorry
                                I don't think many of us were to coherent after watching that ep. You're not alone.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X