No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well. It's gone kinda quiet in here and I want to get up nice and early to *ahem* watch some TV so I'm gonna wish you all a goodnight and hit the sack.

Talk to you all tomorrow - on Sateday!!
    sigpic

Comment

Oh, we bought our own house, we got fed up with the housing situation here. We did live on base but the neighbor situation drove us out. When hubby came back from Iraq his tolerance was at an all time low. Our new home is beautiful.

We're Air Force, so typically it's nicer than Army, but the thing with Shaw, it's just not a good base. Offutt was headquarters and had space ops. Hubby worked in space ops when we met and I was working in the SAC (which means nothing to you guys and it's not even SAC anymore, it's STRATCOM)...anyway, being such a major base, it was gorgeous. Then we went to Iceland and well, Iceland was just so dang beautiful and neat and interesting!!! When we went to Texas we were stationed in San Antonio and there were so many fun things to do that the base was irrelevant. Edwards AFB is one of the major research and development, and the job my hubby did there was soooo unbelievable and the area is really beautiful in a way that I wasn't used to. We had a great time there, even though the housing is really old. But then we came here and it's just...blech. There's nothing about the base that stands out and we just haven't meshed with the area, but *shrug* no biggie. Another year and half and we're out of here!
      sigpic

Comment

Goodnight Ali Sweet dreams

I'm going to get off to bed too I think.

Comment

G'night Ali, and btw, I forgot, Shaw is an hour southish of Columbia, more southeast!
          sigpic

Comment

You know, this just occurred to me. "The Game" sounds a lot like
            Spoiler:
            Orson Scott Card's novel Ender's Game – good book, kinda creepy, same idea.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

My RL keeps getting in the way of my whumpping!! I keep having to get off of my computer!

Mx-Why can't I have a dream like that!?

CONGRATS GG ON 800 POSTS!!!
              Last edited by jonasgurl1; 04 August 2006, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                I'm never going to be a size ten and to be honest I've quit worrying about it life's too short.

I have just been reading the spoilers for The Game on the front page I've got a better idea of the plot now.

Spoiler:
                So Shep & McKay have been playing this game for two years without realising that it's real?

I hope are guys aren't going to be made to look dumb again.
                Welllllllllllll

McKay looks a LOT like the Oracle, a leader from thousands of years ago. I can't fathom that as soon as Shep & Mckay got on board Atlantis, they've been playing games, especially since in year one, power was not exactly at a premium. The thing is also - whosetwo years is it? Every planet probably has a different cycle, so two years on Atlantis might be one year on whatever planet the Oracle-folk are living on.

That's a decent sized continuity error if this game they're playing used any significant power. Although Carl Binder wrote the teleplay, total unknowns (at least in SG) wrote the story. One seems to have a few "24's" under belt but can't find anything on the other writer.

Comment

a bit of shep for everyone and you might just see some chest hair *drool*
                  sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

ONLY A HALF HOUR LEFT!!!!

Comment

Hello all!

Congradulations to all those who made milestones! I can't remember them all, I'm so sorry.

I am so jealous!! P2 convention with DH!!! And you guys are meeting up in RL. Sigh and Grr. I wish I could be there! Take notes!

IWTB- wow! I don't think I could handle moving around that much. I'm fairly reserved until I get to know people, which as you can imagine makes it difficult to get to the knowing them stage. I'm just lucky my friends stuck around for a week or two until I came out of my shell.

*stomps* I want to see Irristable and Sateda! I can't believe I haven't seen Irrisitable yet. Very unhappy about that, I can tell you! I believe I've mentioned before that I'm very bad at waiting when I'm excited?
                      sigpic
                      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Lauriel-It's well worth the wait!!! You'll love the episodes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonasgurl1
                          Lauriel-It's well worth the wait!!! You'll love the episodes!!!
                          *bounces* Can't wait!!!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

So when do the episodes air in Australia? Isn't like in two months or something like that?

Comment

ROFL at the naivity of those who don't fully comprehend how much Australian programming sucks! Try two years. They haven't even aired S2 yet. I, too, am related to Uncle bit torrent. I am just awaiting his visit.

Edit: All frustrated sarcasm directed at tv execs, not JG!!
                              sigpic

Comment

OMG!!!! I'm speechless.......

Comment

Working...
                                X