John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Afternoon whumpers! Still morning here...but I know where you all live

Excellent little fic SLC ,what a sweet treat this morning.

I'm optimistic about episode 16. It's never a bad ep if there's Shep whump. Sounds like a possibility.

SQUEE!! I have just over 14 hours till Sateda airs!!! It's a GREAT day.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
      Also, for the record, I quite like physical whump, but I LOVE the emotional whump! Give me angst any day. Best scene in a movie ever? Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, where Ani gets on his knees and calls Palpatine Master. The emotional whump is brilliant. Then they followed it with him killing all those people and crying while he did it.. very whumpy indeed. You just can't get the same emotions from physical whump. I know it's sadistic, but really- YAY!!!!
      I agree with that 100%. I also have to add Obi-Wan's line, "You were my brother, Anakin... and I loved you!" That made me cry – especially the use of the past tense.

Back on topic...

John held his stomach while he hastened to the infirmary. Dammit! That was the last time he ate alien fish, even if the chips it was served with were delicious. His stomach roiled again and he bent over slightly as he walked. Without warning, he found himself flat on his back on the floor, staring at Rodney's concerned face, as the scientist leaned over him.

"Colonel! Are you okay?"

"What the hell happened?" John raised his head to see what he had slipped on, but allowed his head to thunk back onto the cool floor as his aching back made itself known. He looked up at Rodney, who was trying to balance a data tablet, an ancient device of some kind and a bowl of ice-cream. John felt the cold, wet spread of melting icecream under his left thigh, and let his eyes close in defeat. It was official. McKay was out to kill him.
      LOL! That's an awesome little snippet there. You may want to think about expanding on it...

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
        I agree with that 100%. I also have to add Obi-Wan's line, "You were my brother, Anakin... and I loved you!" That made me cry – especially the use of the past tense.
        Absolutely. Did that ever tug the old heart strings. *sniff* Still does.

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
        LOL! That's an awesome little snippet there. You may want to think about expanding on it...
        Thanks! I saw AnaM's comment about ice cream and couldn't resist it. It'll have to join the queue of snippets waiting for grander things though..
        sigpic
        My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          CONGRATULATIONS TO JG ON 800 POSTS!

I just visited the episode 16 thread, and you know what? It sounds really promising to me! Why, oh why is it that a few posters have to damn an episode before they've even been filmed it, let alone aired it? I just don't understand the negativity here. It's always the same posters as well. They are like the collective voice of doom and gloom! I say give it a chance. If you hate it when it's aired, fine, but to condemn an episode from a few sides, well, that is just so ridiculous and a waste of time. I really do wonder, sometimes, if some posters just like to whine and complain. It's like it's a learned response, and so tedious, IMO.... On the plus side for us, possibly there could be whump?
          It's usually the same folk whining, if you look, but anyway, they're also *****ing about incomplete info. From what I"ve read elsewhere, it sounds good, although I could do without any mention of
          Spoiler:
          Sam as McKay is starting to sound obsessed.

Anyway, if "The Game" is done right, it could be a good Shep-McKay banter episode as they are the two key characters. Alas, don't see much signs on the horizon of whump in that one.

Good lord, I don't look at this thread for a few hours and it's multiplying like bunnies!

Comment

Afternoon all! What's gonig on in your world?

I'm feeling kind of stressed I have a doctors appointment later and I just know he's going to nag me and completely ignore everything I say. He wants me to take up an evening class and won't except the fact that there is nothing around here to do other than book-keeping and yoga neither of which interest me in the slightest. *sigh* He's just going to end up upsetting me I know it.

Then I come on here and there's new ep spoilers *yay* but everyone is slagging them off already *boo*

EDIT: Sorry I shall try to curtail my complaining, moaning and generally miserable attitude. You're right Prion it usually is the same few over and over and I've been through all this before with other shows (Enterprise was a particularly rough ride) but it still drags you down sometimes.
            Last edited by pilgrim soul; 04 August 2006, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
              Afternoon all! What's gonig on in your world?

I'm feeling kind of stressed I have a doctors appointment later and I just know he's going to nag me and completely ignore everything I say. He wants me to take up an evening class and won't except the fact that there is nothing around here to do other than book-keeping and yoga neither of which interest me in the slightest. *sigh* He's just going to end up upsetting me I know it.

Then I come on here and there's new ep spoilers *yay* but everyone is slagging them off already *boo*

EDIT: Sorry I shall try to curtail my complaining, moaning and generally miserable attitude. You're right Prion it usually is the same few over and over and I've been through all this before with other shows (Enterprise was a particularly rough ride) but it still drags you down sometimes.
              Poor Josie! Don't let yourself be brow-beaten by your doctor. I'm sure he/she has your best interests at heart, but it's up to you to do what you want.
              As far as the episode bashing before it's even been filmed...some people, and Prion's right, it's the same old folk, just love the sound of their own whining, complaining voices. I mean, it's a few sides! A few people here at GW just seem not to be happy unless they're moaning...There are times when I feel really sorry for TPTB at SGA. The vitriol from some so-called fans is mind boggling! I'd like to see them do better at writing plots.
              sigpic

Comment

Ali is insanely busy - yet again....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                  It's usually the same folk whining, if you look, but anyway, they're also *****ing about incomplete info. From what I"ve read elsewhere, it sounds good, although I could do without any mention of
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam as McKay is starting to sound obsessed.

Anyway, if "The Game" is done right, it could be a good Shep-McKay banter episode as they are the two key characters. Alas, don't see much signs on the horizon of whump in that one.

Good lord, I don't look at this thread for a few hours and it's multiplying like bunnies!
                  'The Game' could be fun. Maybe it'll be written like a 'day off' episode and maybe we can just see what kind of fun trouble these two can get themselves in. As for whump, well, with those two, one just never knows.

I'm staying open minded about the ep though. Irresistable proved to be way better than I thought. I no longer try and put too much into spoilers.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                    Poor Josie! Don't let yourself be brow-beaten by your doctor. I'm sure he/she has your best interests at heart, but it's up to you to do what you want.
                    I know I shouldn't let it get to me but I want to ask him about something, I've been suffering from a lot of nausea and some dizzy spells, it's been going on for months now and it's really getting me down. But I sometimes feel he doesn't take any physical ailments seriously, unless I can show him some kind of physical injury he just brushes it off as psychological.

Gate Geek
                    'The Game' could be fun. Maybe it'll be written like a 'day off' episode and maybe we can just see what kind of fun trouble these two can get themselves in. As for whump, well, with those two, one just never knows.

I'm staying open minded about the ep though. Irresistable proved to be way better than I thought. I no longer try and put too much into spoilers.
                    From the little we know although it may start out humourous I think this could actually turn out to be quiet a dark ep. I kind of hope it does.

Like I've said before I've known people to post online slagging an ep off after it's aired and then admit to not actually having watched it. But I wish people wouldn't feel the need to throw their negativity around so much. Criticize by all means but this is just getting out of hand.

Comment

You've got to wonder why they still watch, don't you? I watch because I enjoy the show. I still like discussion on the negative aspects, but only out of interest and in the interests of discussing new directions I'd like to see the show go. But dissing it like some do? WHY? I don't understand. I think it is sad that people can be so unhappy about things.

Anyway, back to topic. WHUMP!

I'm posting a link to a oneshot I wrote earlier. Sheppy emotional angst- what else? =

http://lauriel01.livejournal.com/1914.html#cutid1

I know it's only a little one, but I'd love your opinions.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know I shouldn't let it get to me but I want to ask him about something, I've been suffering from a lot of nausea and some dizzy spells, it's been going on for months now and it's really getting me down. But I sometimes feel he doesn't take any physical ailments seriously, unless I can show him some kind of physical injury he just brushes it off as psychological.
                        I feel for you honey!! I had the same problem for 25 years - I was finally diagnosed with asthma two months ago. All I can say is be very persistant and detailed with your doc as you can. Are you allowed to get a second opinion? It might be worth it.

From the little we know although it may start out humourous I think this could actually turn out to be quiet a dark ep. I kind of hope it does.

Like I've said before I've known people to post online slagging an ep off after it's aired and then admit to not actually having watched it. But I wish people wouldn't feel the need to throw their negativity around so much. Criticize by all means but this is just getting out of hand.
                        I wish some of these people would go to counceling to get there unresolved issues dealt with. And maybe they could get a prescription for some happy pills while their at it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Quiet in here, no?

sigpic

Comment

Anyway, back to topic. WHUMP!

I'm posting a link to a oneshot I wrote earlier. Sheppy emotional angst- what else? =

http://lauriel01.livejournal.com/1914.html#cutid1

I know it's only a little one, but I'd love your opinions.
                            Me likey!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh we have just passed 16,000 posts!!!!!

Lets make it 20,000 by Common Ground!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                                Oh we have just passed 16,000 posts!!!!!

Lets make it 20,000 by Common Ground!!!!
                                My confidence in this thread talking too much, err, I mean, making quality posts to reach that number by CG is high.

Thanks Ali
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X