John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning/afternoon Whumpers!!

Hope everyone is well. This thread has been very quiet as of late. I am really trying to stay outta the other threads. I was quite taken aback last night in the "lemon" thread. Some poster asked if threatening McKay with the lemon was funny or not as he is deathly allergic to them. I had to post yes to that. Well, because parts of it were funny!! I am reall, really in the minority. Guess I have a sick sense of humor.

Ali - thanks for the update on you FF. I know I've read most of it but never finished. So I'm reading it in between postings.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
      So stupid!!!!

But it is also getting to the stage when it is not safe to go anywhere on GW unless you want to read nasty and negative posts!!!
      That's really depressing!
      But I mainly stay here in the whump thread anyway, so no big loss for me. But it's still such a shame that GW can't just be a nice and friendly community with happy fans and constructive discussions...

But remember, Shep: If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Comment

Originally posted by Pennywise
        That's just unbelievable!! How stupid can you be, judging an episode like that before having even seen it?!
        Heh, well, when I heard the spoilers on "irresistible" I was NOT of the 'it's gonna be fantastic' camp (especially when the writers kept saying how great it would be; they've done that before and I've been disappointed), but I don't not watch any sg1 or sga episodes just on spoilers...I was actually pleasantly surprised at how funny 'irresistible' was, but... I would NOT want SGA to be like that all the time. However, it was much better than SG1's 'Wormhole X-treme' (which I don't care for). Heh, I liked it enough to pen a 'tag' (currently out for beta)

Ah, shoot. I just missed being post #15000!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
          Goodness I have just been on an innocent thread ( or so I thought) about the Sateda preview.
          Spoiler:
          Already some idiot is saying it is going to be another episode to confirm that Sheppard should be demoted on the basis of risking many lives to save one!!! Oh my the episode hasnt even been shown yet !!!!
          Which thread is that? Is that "shep must die/be demoted/etc.?" nonsense still going on? If you hate a character sooo much, just do not watch the show. It's that simple.

Comment

I'm here, but I'm leaving in five minutes! Then when I get home I've got some work to do outside. We releveled our pool this weekend and now have to fill it back up, and get it all dosed chemical wise. Argh, PITA. And watch, we're going to have another tropical storm come through now and wash out the one side again. *grumbles about Murphy's law*

I read the lemon thread and the thing of it is, I didn't care for it that much, kind of in poor taste, *but*, I sure as heck don't blame Sheppard or Mitchell. Someone on my LJ put it better than I could. On paper, the writers thought it was hilarious. Reality though, it's not all that funny if someone is deathly allergic, but no biggie. It's not worth getting up in arms over, sometimes the writers throw stuff out that just doesn't work for people. If the character was consistently doing stupid stuff like that then you can say it's a jerky character, but how many times has Sheppard pulled a lemon from his coat? *never*

Anyway, I hope to drop in more this week. I do have the start to my Irresistible tag but as I'm doing a bit more with it this week it's taking longer. I'm on page 9 and probably about half done.

Prion's sent me a great tag (I'm almost done with the beta on it hon!) so you'll have that too read soon SLC!

Okay, I've got to get going. See you guys later!
            sigpic

Comment

That's really depressing!
              But I mainly stay here in the whump thread anyway, so no big loss for me. But it's still such a shame that GW can't just be a nice and friendly community with happy fans and constructive discussions...

No it is mainly unhappy fans is there such a thing!!!

Hey you got the 15000 post on the whump thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                Heh, well, when I heard the spoilers on "irresistible" I was NOT of the 'it's gonna be fantastic' camp (especially when the writers kept saying how great it would be; they've done that before and I've been disappointed), but I don't not watch any sg1 or sga episodes just on spoilers...I was actually pleasantly surprised at how funny 'irresistible' was, but... I would NOT want SGA to be like that all the time. However, it was much better than SG1's 'Wormhole X-treme' (which I don't care for). Heh, I liked it enough to pen a 'tag' (currently out for beta)
                Yeah well, sure, of course you can have a preconcieved opinion on how you expect an episode to be, but to actually start critisizing something in it that you couldn't possibly know how will play out until you've seen it, now that's just foolish!

Comment

Wow 15,000 posts! I remember when I first got here, there was campaigning to reach 10,000 posts by the season premeires. We had about a week to do it. In order to reach that goal, everyone needed to post at least 30 times a day.

Way to go Whumpers on 15,000!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                    No it is mainly unhappy fans is there such a thing!!!

Hey you got the 15000 post on the whump thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Heh, yeah, unhappy fans, that's kind of self-contradictory isn't it?

Whoooo, the 15000th post!! Go me!!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                      Which thread is that? Is that "shep must die/be demoted/etc.?" nonsense still going on? If you hate a character sooo much, just do not watch the show. It's that simple.

It was on the Sateda trailer thread - the last post there. I mean why spread this sort of thing everywhere when the episode has not even been shown

New fic.................thank goodness!!!!! I need some soon!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                        Wow 15,000 posts! I remember when I first got here, there was campaigning to reach 10,000 posts by the season premeires. We had about a week to do it. In order to reach that goal, everyone needed to post at least 30 times a day.

Way to go Whumpers on 15,000!!!

Maybe we can do 20,000 by CG???

Comment

As to the lemon thing, I laughed out loud when Mitchell pulled it out! I found it extremely funny, because you know that of course he's not serious about the threat, and it's only Mckays paranoia that makes it work! So I don't think it was tasteless or crossing the line at all, just plain funny!

Comment

Soo, when do we get an update on your A Bad Feeling fic? *Pleading eyes*
                            Errrr... god only knows! I've got a few fics needing updates plus a challenge fic in progress and my - now weekly - tag fics to work on! *eep*

I say again, I so need to win the lottery so I can give up work and just write fanfic!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                              Maybe we can do 20,000 by CG???
                              At the rate the thread's been going lately, it shouldn't be a problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                                I say again, I so need to win the lottery so I can give up work and just write fanfic!
                                Absolutely!!

Comment

Working...
                                X