Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    Someone actually called Irresistible "an atrocity against humanity"

???!!!??!!?!?!!! I mean, there is just no reasoning with that!
    WTF?! Did he/she see the same episode we did? Sure,
    Spoiler:
    Lucius was a jerk and an egotist, but so is McKay, sometimes. Let's face it – Lucius was the villain of the episode. He had to to something morally dubious (if not downright unacceptable), and that's what these people seem to be attacking. Um, DUH!

I wonder if some of them have any idea what they're actually saying, or at least how strong their words are.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Evening folks! Been at hospital then in laws, but I'm back!
      Josie, thanks for your cap! At least you've seen 2 quarters of the eppie!
      Ali, thanks for yours! I squeed! Spoilers for Irresistible
      Spoiler:
      Sheppy coughs with his hand over his mouth. How polite and considerate. I think I love him even more!!!!!!

Josie, congrats on 1300 posts too! Woohoo!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
        WTF?! Did he/she see the same episode we did? Sure,
        Spoiler:
        Lucius was a jerk and an egotist, but so is McKay, sometimes. Let's face it – Lucius was the villain of the episode. He had to to something morally dubious (if not downright unacceptable), and that's what these people seem to be attacking. Um, DUH!

I wonder if some of them have any idea what they're actually saying, or at least how strong their words are.
        Scary isn't it? I mean.. if you didn't like the ep then fair enough, as far as I'm concerned that's your loss cos it was a good ep. But to call a TV show an "atrocity against humanity"? I mean, wow. That's setting the grade curve pretty high - was does that make erm.. say... murder then? Or, ooh I dunno, ethnic cleansing? Hmmm?

I mean... just.... there are no words!
        sigpic

Comment

A question for those of you who have seen Irresistible. Spoiler question ahead!!!
          Spoiler:
          Did any team members actually mention that Shep had a cold, or did he just cough, sneeze and sniffle with no comment on it? Just wondering!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Scary isn't it? I mean.. if you didn't like the ep then fair enough, as far as I'm concerned that's your loss cos it was a good ep. But to call a TV show an "atrocity against humanity"? I mean, wow. That's setting the grade curve pretty high - was does that make erm.. say... murder then? Or, ooh I dunno, ethnic cleansing? Hmmm?

I mean... just.... there are no words!
            Hi Ali!!!! Well there are words, but I'm not sure I can say them here. Delusional comes to mind! I've not seen the episode, so I can only judge when I've seen it, however, some posters are anti everything and just spend their time arguing and making the most ludicrous comments I think I've seen. It's best to ignore them and not feed the fire, I think. I only say that after having tried to post an opposing pov, and giving up!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              A question for those of you who have seen Irresistible. Spoiler question ahead!!!
              Spoiler:
              Did any team members actually mention that Shep had a cold, or did he just cough, sneeze and sniffle with no comment on it? Just wondering!!!
              Spoiler:
              He mentions it once or twice (or was it three times... I don't remember exactly), and Lucius say something about it, but I think that's it.

And now I'm really, finally leaving for a while – been trying to do that for the past ten minutes, but I can't seem to bring myself to leave. But I have far too much to do to stick around much longer. TTFN!

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Spoiler:
                The ep makes it clear from the start that
                Spoiler:
                Sheppy has a cold (it's a pretty important plot point! ). In the scene in the jumper I capped above, after Sheppy sneezes, coughs and sniffs a bit the conversation goes:

Teyla: Are you alright, Colonel?
                Sheppy: S'nothing, just a cold. No big deal. It's just annoying.
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Nope. Think he just acted it out. Don't remember any commentary on it from anyone.Could be wrong though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Linzi it the bits I've seen it's mentioned a couple of times.

I'm going to get into bed now I think.

Ali, don't worry about betaing my fic just yet I want to make a little headway on the next chapter before I post anyway but I would appreciate a little feedback if you get time to read it, I can understand if you're not in the mood. I just want you to know that you don't have to sit and battle my punctuation just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                      Spoiler:
                      He mentions it once or twice (or was it three times... I don't remember exactly), and Lucius say something about it, but I think that's it.
                      True - it's mentioned again
                      Spoiler:
                      when they meet Lucius (Sheppy coughs at the dinner table and Lucius says he could cure that with his ointments and Sheppy says it's just a cold). And later on when Sheppy confronts Weir and says no-one goes through the stargate without his authority and storms off Lucius muses "He must have such a bad cold...." Sheppy also specifically mentions that that must be why he's not affected by Lucius' potion when he's discussing the issue with Carson (just in case some readers don't know what pheromones are ) - Carson asks how come Sheppard was not affected and he says "My cold - I can hardly breathe!" (bless!)
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        when they meet Lucius (Sheppy coughs at the dinner table and Lucius says he could cure that with his ointments and Sheppy says it's just a cold). And later on when Sheppy confronts Weir and says no-one goes through the stargate without his authority and storms off Lucius muses "He must have such a bad cold...." Sheppy also specifically mentions that that must be why he's not affected by Lucius' potion when he's discussing the issue with Carson (just in case some readers don't know what pheromones are ) - Carson asks how come Sheppard was not affected and he says "My cold - I can hardly breathe!" (bless!)

Oh indeed in Irresistible
                        Spoiler:
                        when he said he could hardly breath ...made me sigh!!!! I liked it when Lucius said he had some cure for the cold and it would be gone within about seven days

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                          Spoiler:
                          when he said he could hardly breath ...made me sigh!!!! I liked it when Lucius said he had some cure for the cold and it would be gone within about seven days
                          I know. How sad are we to get a whumpy squee out of that?! :lo:
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            SQUEEEE! Thanks everyone for filling me in! I so can't wait to see this! I think I'll faint when I actually see this!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              I was hoping to see some comments about "how's the cold, how are you feeling" type comments. I guess the comments that were made about it, escaped my mind because they seemed to just emphasize a major story point and I tuned it out. I wanted to see more of a 'caring' feel to it all. I'll shut up now and go back to doing something else.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                                Spoiler:
                                I was hoping to see some comments about "how's the cold, how are you feeling" type comments. I guess the comments that were made about it, escaped my mind because they seemed to just emphasize a major story point and I tuned it out. I wanted to see more of a 'caring' feel to it all. I'll shut up now and go back to doing something else.....
                                Awww don't! Those sort of comments would have been delicious! I suppose they have to edit the show downand some stuff is left out? Damn!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X