John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi
    Oh there have been the same for season 8,9 and 10 of SG1 before they've aired. I always say this. If you hate it that much, that you moan about the series before you've even seen the episodes, then why are you bothering to watch it? Very strange. I just think maybe some folks live to complain. I personally don't see how any one can moan and until they've seen something to moan about!!!! I find it quite bizarre.

They do just want to complain and be negative. Hence taking canon and twisting it into something that doesn't exist/making stuff up, just to justify their complaints. :hakes head::

Comment

I'm just curious but what did the anti-kirkers think of the Sg1 episode?
      Wasn't there some hype about the seating arangement?

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
        My god. There is an anti-Season 3 thread (for complaints only!). I was gobsmacked that after only 3 episodes people are already so negative and are complaining about an entire season based on the first 3 eps... but I was even more astounded to find that the thread was started in November 2005! People were already complaining about the season and saying it was going to be crap EIGHT MONTHS before the season premiere aired!

I just honestly do not *get* the amount of negativity on GW.
        I play on a lot of different boards and lists, and possibly due to the size or proclivity of some posters, the negativity is noticeable on this forum. I've made negative posts, but do my best to back them up with logic and evidence (as in trends, if a writer pens a really sucky episode, it stands to reason he could easily write another one).

All fandoms seem to implode/explode during the seasonal lulls. No spoilers, or worse, spoilers come out and people specualte on what is or isn't there. No offense to any group, but the ship factions seem to explode the worst with spoilers. Or for those who are definitely against ship (I'm not into using the word anti as it's far too overused in fandom).

Comment

Originally posted by jonasgurl1
          I'm just curious but what did the anti-kirkers think of the Sg1 episode?
          Wasn't there some hype about the seating arangement?
          Don't think so.. I think we had suggested in jest, based on the promo pics, that they would probably accuse Shep of kirking and of fixing the seating arrangements to that he was in between the two girls! But I don't think they actually did say that... did they?

I had a look in there earlier and think there was mild mention of the scene where
          Spoiler:
          the team arrive in the village but they seemed to think it was okay and not really kirking because Rodney was doing it too... so obviously that's ok then!
          sigpic

Comment

Oh ok! Thanks Ali! I'm kinda out of it tonight so bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              I play on a lot of different boards and lists, and possibly due to the size or proclivity of some posters, the negativity is noticeable on this forum. I've made negative posts, but do my best to back them up with logic and evidence (as in trends, if a writer pens a really sucky episode, it stands to reason he could easily write another one).

All fandoms seem to implode/explode during the seasonal lulls. No spoilers, or worse, spoilers come out and people specualte on what is or isn't there. No offense to any group, but the ship factions seem to explode the worst with spoilers. Or for those who are definitely against ship (I'm not into using the word anti as it's far too overused in fandom).
              I've been into quite a few online fandoms and I have just never known one as negative as GW. My other main fandom atm is House and there is an awful lot of quite intense analysis and critical debate of episodes and characters etc on the House forums (and yeah a certain amount of bashing) but you do get the feeling that everyone pretty much really loves the show and loves to discuss it and are happy to state things they don't think are good or need work but generally without being utterly utterly negative. By contrast, there are people on GW who i see posting a lot, always in the same threads and I have yet to see them ever make a postive post - and they seem to be negative about every single aspect of the show. It really just makes me wonder a) why they are watching it if they dislike it so much and b) why they would devote so much of their time to posting on a fandom about something they don't seem to like. If I don't like something, I avoid it. I don't spend hours reiterating how awful I think it is....

I guess, at the end of the day, it's just not a mindset I can ever hope to really understand.
              sigpic

Comment

I have to put my two cents in...I must say I was very pleasantly surprised about the ep last night. I was very conerned it would be cartoonish, but I found myself laughing in the right places and going to bed quite happy with it. I thought the cold was done quite well. Everyone has different symptoms and severity of said symptoms with each and every cold. Joe/Shep was, as always, a joy to watch.

I don't even want to read what the naysayers are writing in the other threads. There are people out there that are not happy with their lives and need to try to bring others down so that they can feel some kind of power or control. Why give them that power? If I don't like something, I don't watch it. That is what the remote is for.

Anyway, much to do, and a few more threads to visit before going to do them. Y'all have a fabulous evening!

Comment

I've been into quite a few online fandoms and I have just never known one as negative as GW. My other main fandom atm is House and there is an awful lot of quite intense analysis and critical debate of episodes and characters etc on the House forums (and yeah a certain amount of bashing) but you do get the feeling that everyone pretty much really loves the show and loves to discuss it and are happy to state things they don't think are good or need work but generally without being utterly utterly negative. By contrast, there are people on GW who i see posting a lot, always in the same threads and I have yet to see them ever make a postive post - and they seem to be negative about every single aspect of the show. It really just makes me wonder a) why they are watching it if they dislike it so much and b) why they would devote so much of their time to posting on a fandom about something they don't seem to like. If I don't like something, I avoid it. I don't spend hours reiterating how awful I think it is....

I guess, at the end of the day, it's just not a mindset I can ever hope to really understand.
                  As a fellow HOUSE lover, I've come to notice that the worst bashing seems to be against Chase **my fave character ** by the House/cam shippers. Which...seems a familiar thing, in a sense. Doesn't it. And they twist canon to suit their purposes. But otherwise, House fans do a better job of debating/explaining/expressing without bashing actors/characters/the show or other posters.

Mind you, my fave House board is TWoP and BOY are they negative there about SGA too. Of course a few people from HERE are there. If you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
                    As a fellow HOUSE lover, I've come to notice that the worst bashing seems to be against Chase **my fave character ** by the House/cam shippers. Which...seems a familiar thing, in a sense. Doesn't it. And they twist canon to suit their purposes. But otherwise, House fans do a better job of debating/explaining/expressing without bashing actors/characters/the show or other posters.

Mind you, my fave House board is TWoP and BOY are they negative there about SGA too. Of course a few people from HERE are there. If you know what I mean.
                    Ahh see i go on TWoP for House but not for anything else.... the most bashing I see on there for House is Cameron bashing - boy people do seem to hate her! I quite like her. Yeah she can be a bit annoying at times.. but that's my point right there - I'm a fan of the show and whilst I can admit that some things a character does sometimes annoys me a little.. that in no way means I hate the character or the show or feel the need to be totally negative about them all the time. I can say "Okay, it annoyed me a bit when Cameron did this..." and still like Cameron and still like the show House.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ahh see i go on TWoP for House but not for anything else.... the most bashing I see on there for House is Cameron bashing - boy people do seem to hate her! I quite like her. Yeah she can be a bit annoying at times.. but that's my point right there - I'm a fan of the show and whilst I can admit that some things a character does sometimes annoys me a little.. that in no way means I hate the character or the show or feel the need to be totally negative about them all the time. I can say "Okay, it annoyed me a bit when Cameron did this..." and still like Cameron and still like the show House.

I like JM but admit to wanting to smack Cameron ALOT! I admire her ethics/morals but not how she goes about it. There is cameron bashing, but the Cam/House shippers make up for that with Chase bashing. Not so much on TWoP as on LJ's and such. I do suppose Cam gets the most bashing on TWoP, but the majority do seem to feel like I do. It's not what she thinks, it's her reaction to things. And House/Cam actually squicks me. LOL
                      Plus even though I like JM and she's perfect for Cameron, she doesn't have the acting chops to pull off the writing for Cameron. Hugh Laurie takes stuff that isn't always good/pleasant and makes it work. The other actors on the show pull it off for their characters as well, but JM doesn't do it for me. But she tries. Then again, theyr'e all supposed to BE FLAWED and I think we're supposed to want to smack Cameron on occasion. LOL

And yes, I love the show in general. I'm the first to admit Chase is my fave character and I love his eps the best. And some of the Cameron focused eps just make me fast foward to the other characters, but overall I enjoy the show more as a whole and even when Foreman did his horrific things to Cam, I still like him. As a needed character for the show to work. That group of actors is phenomenal.

But to go back to topic. I think we all have our negative moments. And it really did hit me that my negative reaction to things SGA is because of the negativity here and on LJ to Sheppard. Hence why I don't really like Rodney anymore either. Because of how on LJ many Rodney fans, and they've done it here too, have bashed not only Shep by twisting canon, but Joe. When it started sliding onto Joe, I'd had it with Rodney at that point. The FANS/Negativity/bashing is what turned me off Rodney and turned me away from SGA alot. The writing/writers/SL and focusing on everyone BUT Shep, and by that I mean characterization and focus, in season 2 helped with my negativity.

My Shep squee remained intact, but I ended up losing my squee to write SGA too. Hard to write just Shep and not include other characters. LOL

I'm thankful to HOUSE and CHASE for giving me something to love/feel positive about. And giving me a pretty/angsty character in Chase to love and write about.

Between Chase and Shep I have lots of stuff to write and thanks to IRRESISTABLE I'm feeling more inclined to go whump Shep again. Hopefully I'll have something to write after SATEDA airs.

Comment

I'm back !! (Sees everyone run away quickly) And only had 2 and half pages to catch up on.
                        Still lots of Squeeing about Irresistable I see.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi again LOL

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved the deep sexy cold voice Shep had..

*rowr* *G*
                          sigpic
                          My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

SQUEE!!! 38 Minutes is on in syndication!!!! Sheppy whump!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

While I was drinking my few margaritas tonight..my brain got to thinking about the most anticipated episode: CG.

CG and future eps Spoilers
                              Spoiler:
                              Will Shep have a permanent feeding mark(s) on his chest? I hope so!! Shep will always have a visible reminder and it would satisfy my need of not having this experience forgotten by the next one or two eps.
                              I can just see Shep unconsciously rub his chest if he meets up with Koyla in Irresponsible. Of course the mark would mare that wonderful chest, but still. I'm willing to give it up to have that feeding mark.

Am I totally of my rocker here?
                              sigpic

Comment

(((((((((LinzI))))))))))))
                                i hope your dad is okay...i recently lost my father and i know what its like to watch them when they are ill and how exhausting it is... get lots of sleep drink lots orange juice... talk to your friends.... I'll send all the good Karma i can your way...lets hope he gets better really soon
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X