X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
    Oooooh, new promo!!!!

Spoiler:
    Nothing that I saw from common ground but a shot from a crossover episode as they were sitting at a table with Carter and Vala, and there was shots from Sateda, and shots of the team standing in front of the gate (looks like) then running at it in *surprise*? (and it looks like Ronon had shep at gunpoint first)
    Oooooh! *Runs off to check for download links!*

Hey IWTB, I've just posted a new fic that's something kinda new for me - am not gonna link to it on here cos it's not whump (my god, yes, Alipeeps writes something other than a whumpfest!!). I'd be interested in your thoughts on it... I'm kinda nervous about it cos... well I dunno, stupid really but it feels kinda embarassing to be writing that kind of stuff and people knowing it was me who wrote it... which is silly when you consider I have no issues with what people might think of me when they read stuff I've written about someone being tortured/shot/beaten/horrifically injured etc!

Says a lot about the mores and morals of our society really doesn't it? Violence is fine but sex? Heavens, no!!

Anyway, as a writer I respect I would be interested in your feedback. I think you'll get an ffnet alert for the story anyway....
    sigpic

Comment

Just did hon, I'll be right back!
      sigpic

Comment

Age?

I'm older than some, but younger than some I think.
        Spoiler:
        I'm 34.

yeah, that's cheating, but I had some give me red rep 'cause I said that on a thread asking 'SGA fan, how old are you', gawd, talk about stupid.
        pfft i'm a year older then you!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Okay let me explain the frames:

Spoiler:
          Sheppard holding his P90, Rodney by his side looking surprised, Teyla has her p90 and they are aiming at an man who is bald (just the monk style haircut) but his back is showing on the tv screen so I couldn't see a face, but they are on Atlantis from the looks of it. As it advances, Ronon runs in behind Sheppard, Elizabeth and another man follow (this looks like maybe Progeny?)

Thanks for all that babe! I'm thinking that first bit you mention
          Spoiler:
          with the baldy bloke will be David Ogden Stiers who guest stars in Progeny:

sigpic

Comment

Hey, I said some are older LOL!

Ali, that was absolutely beautiful, breathtakingly written! And it felt so right, totally.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
              Thanks for all that babe! I'm thinking that first bit you mention
              Spoiler:
              with the baldy bloke will be David Ogden Stiers who guest stars in Progeny:

Oh yeah, I think that's definitely the dude.
              sigpic

Comment

Hey, I said some are older LOL!

Ali, that was absolutely beautiful, breathtakingly written! And it felt so right, totally.
                Seriously? it's not horrendously cheesy/clichéd or anything? I really want to be able to write scenes like this as when done right they can be awesome.. but it's surprisingly nervewracking to do!
                sigpic

Comment

not cheesy or cliche at all, this was a scene like this done right, the way you describe the emotion in it really captured me, it was wonderful!
                  sigpic

Comment

not cheesy or cliche at all, this was a scene like this done right, the way you describe the emotion in it really captured me, it was wonderful!
                    Awwww thanks! You have reassured me a lot.

*luffs you*
                    sigpic

Comment

Back at ya' babe, and you definitely have no need to worry, it was an amazing piece, truly!
                      sigpic

Comment

Well I think it's bedtime for me.... it's been a long and busy day (and of course I stayed up far too late writing last night!) and here it is nearly 2 am again! Ooops!

Before I go, couple more pics from my ongoing capping of TLG:

sigpic

Comment

Ohhhh, sweet caps!!! G'night Ali...and for when you all wake up, some thoughts
                          Spoiler:

I'm watching Michael, and it seems to me even more likely that it might be Michael that saves Sheppard, does some kind of reverse feeding to de-age him...it seems like one of thoe possible ways they could fix it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did a breakdown of the ad at the NEWS SECTION (look for NEW SGA/SG1 ad thread) and here are some really bad screencaps (I made them, so can pre-judge my primitive quality)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...odder/sgad.jpg

Comment

Prion, can you post html on ff.net? I'm using Lucida Calligraphy for the Arstaemian documents and I don't think you can do fonts on ff.net? But I've decided to post there, though not all at once LOL, I'm soooo wiped from that fic. For about a week it's really consumed me, but on the good side, it's almost done.

The ending is giving me some issues which is why I'm not rushing the posting, trying to give myself some time. I can only write a few of the alternating POV's before I run out of steam on it.

I'm so thrilled you like it and if I had it finished, heck yeah I'd take you up on your offer LOL, but I'm doing edits at every stage, even putting it up private and going back and last minute edits before changing it to public. *groan*

Promo update -- nuttin' new *sob* and I don't think there's going to be. They showed the Joe pool ad which was cute, then the other promo that Ali capped (but this time I watched it in slow mo and it was cool LOL)
                              I think Ff.net really limits you to the fonts you can use, which is why I also put all my fic on my own site (Wraithfodder). Then if you can muck about, you can put on almost any font, but I try to stay with basic stuff as if you get too fancy, people write you adn say "I can't read it").

A week? You wrote all that in a week? Excuse me while I cry pitifully. It would take me a LOT longer to write all that!!

Comment

Ohhh, no, I didn't write all of that in a week!! I started this back when I was writing Exterminate. The second half of it I would say has been in the last week, and really, I've like done nothing but write for the majority of it. I can write fast but even that is a bit much for me!

That's actually what I want to do. We've got a homepage but right now it's just an index with a bunch of pictures from our new house, christmas, some kid pics, that kind of thing. I've wanted to build a site for my fics for months now but my hubby knows html really well so I want to make him do it and he's always busy with everything else, argh!

I need to just buy html for dummies and do it. I was able to survive java programming class, I should be able to get a basic webpage you'd think!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X