John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Josie
    Good morning Whumpers I hope you're feeling better than I do this morning. I've been awake ALL night throwing up the only sleep I got was on the bathroom floor(Sorry if you've just having your lunch ). I feel as weak as a kitten, I'm not even going to attempt food until I have to, right now I'm attempting some peppermint tea.

So do any of you have any whumpy treats to cheer me up. Fics, pics, some little spoiler titbit that escaped my radar? Anything?
    Poor Josie, that's terrible! I loathe throwing up. I find Lucosade helps, but I'm sure that's completely pyschological, as my mum used to give it to me when I was a child, and it always made me feel better!

I meant to say to you earlier, but forgot: there has been a problem with giving reviews at ff.net recently. I've not been able to review any fics, including yours. My reviews have not come through for my fic either. This may explain why you've not had as much feedback as usual
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      Poor Josie, that's terrible! I loathe throwing up. I find Lucosade helps, but I'm sure that's completely pyschological, as my mum used to give it to me when I was a child, and it always made me feel better!
      I'm allergic to caffeine, some how I don't think Lucosade is a good idea.

I meant to say to you earlier, but forgot: there has been a problem with giving reviews at ff.net recently. I've not been able to review any fics, including yours. My reviews have not come through for my fic either. This may explain why you've not had as much feedback as usual
      Like I said it's just me being silly. I confess it's frustrating when you see someone write a 500 words piece of nonsense and get a few dozen reviews and your own story is only getting 3 or 4 reviews a chapter. Like I said before they don't even have to be positive comments it would just be nice to know people aren't completely apathetic. But I guess in some respects it is a cliquey kind of thing.

Comment

Okay some more piccies to brighten the thread up.

Comment

Sorry to hear you're feeling crummy Josie - I hate throwing up. ((((hugs)))) to ya. Hope you feel better soon...

I'm about to start doing some writing - popped on here for a quick nosey first - so not planning to be around much for the next coupla hours. I'm too easily distracted and I feel I need to out some quality amount of time into my writing and really make some progress.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi

Oh yes to Lucosade. My Mum used to buy it for me too and I still get some when I am feeling a little yuk. Of course back in those days you could also play with the yellow wrapper that the bottles came in....which was an added bonus!

Sorry that you are not feeling great Josie!

Comment

Aw poor Josie, I hope you feel better soon

Comment

I find Coca Cola is better for that sick feeling...however, that also contains caffeine, so doesn't help Josie...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
                  I find Coca Cola is better for that sick feeling...however, that also contains caffeine, so doesn't help Josie...
                  No it doesn't. Buying soft drinks is a nightmare, you don't realise how many things have caffeine in them until you pay attention.

Anyway a combination of peppermint tea, ice lollies and a couple of hours sleep and I'm feeling slightly better. Now I'm just trying to build up to the idea of food.

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
                    Oh yes to Lucosade. My Mum used to buy it for me too and I still get some when I am feeling a little yuk. Of course back in those days you could also play with the yellow wrapper that the bottles came in....which was an added bonus!

Sorry that you are not feeling great Josie!
                    I remember the coloured cellophane, I used to love playing with it too! How sad is that?
                    sigpic

Comment

Evening all! Haven't got as much writing done as I hoped - it's too darn warm upstairs and the heat keeps making the router overheat and killing my network connection. Hubby thinks he's fixed it now by moving the router downstairs.

Am working away on the epilogue to Getting to be a Bad Habit and hope to at least get that done (and a WIP completed! Wooo!) and posted today and hopefully some more stuff too.

How's everyone else today? Josie, you feeling any better now?
                      sigpic

Comment

Anyway a combination of peppermint tea, ice lollies and a couple of hours sleep and I'm feeling slightly better. Now I'm just trying to build up to the idea of food.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...A/0906225c.jpg
                        (((Josie))) I'm sorry to hear you're sick, but it's good to know you're on the mend. Just don't push it, 'kay?

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                          Evening all! Haven't got as much writing done as I hoped - it's too darn warm upstairs and the heat keeps making the router overheat and killing my network connection. Hubby thinks he's fixed it now by moving the router downstairs.

Am working away on the epilogue to Getting to be a Bad Habit and hope to at least get that done (and a WIP completed! Wooo!) and posted today and hopefully some more stuff too.

How's everyone else today? Josie, you feeling any better now?

New fic to look forward to. Cool.

I've managed to eat a little something but I don't think I'll be fit for work in the morning I'm still feeling really shaky.

Comment

New fic to look forward to. Cool.

I've managed to eat a little something but I don't think I'll be fit for work in the morning I'm still feeling really shaky.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...coupdetat1.jpg
                            Bummer. Poor you. Guess this heat can't be helping either... feeling ill when it's hot is extra crummy.

Make sure you take it easy... drink plenty of fluids and don't try to do too much. If you're not fit for work tomorrow then so be it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Evening!!

Been a bit busy today and have to pop off again shortly so just a quick hello!

Sorry are feeling poorly dear Josie!! Get well soon! Read lots of lovely whump and if you feel up to it write some too cos I'm loving your fic!!!

And I agree about lucozade - always makes me think about being looked after and protected too!

Glad you are writing Ali - look forward to some more excellent fic from you! It has been flipping hot today hasn't it! But I'm feeling cooler with 2 large glasses of sangria!!

Well I have to go finish my rotten ironing in a minute but I shall watch a couple of eps to make it bearable!

(Oh SLC had done some more caps!! )

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD
                              Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                              So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
                                Glad you are writing Ali - look forward to some more excellent fic from you! It has been flipping hot today hasn't it! But I'm feeling cooler with 2 large glasses of sangria!!
                                Oooh sangria! I could murder a glass or two of sangria right now!

Used to love doing paella and sangria at the hotel every other Tuesday when I worked in Ibiza... Juan Antonio and I would have an absolute scream whipping up a giant batch of killer sangria and then he would always make me down a whole glass in front of everyone for "quality control"! Ahhh happy days...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X