John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi
    Have you guys seen the new SGA sneak preview vid? There's a link over at the JFT. Wow! Looks promising!
    Spoiler:
    Shep lying on the ground, helpless, looking pretty damn hot, surrounded by Genii troops with guns aimed at our boy. Kolya walks up and says, 'It's good to see you again, Colonel,' and Shep has this pissed off, defiant look on his face!
    There'd better be whump in that eppie!
    whats JFT???

Gads i can't wait! you guys will tell mw what happens right!? I won't you i won't get to see it for like two years!
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
      Oh bliss!!! That is all I can say I am floating on a cloud in whumpers heaven!!!
      More please soon!!!
      One happy whumper!

I love this story!
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy
        whats JFT???
        The Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk thread.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
          Oh that was lovely!!! Having a bit of a miserable afternoon now so that has made me feel much better...thank you!

Hurray its up! love that story
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by kylieS21
            Im only writing for fun but that doesnt mean constructive criticism doesnt help. Sounds to me like they're taking it way too personally

I love constructive critisism i mean how else are you suppose to get better, but it does need to beconstructive,,, not just 'your grammer sucks'
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
              The Joe Flanigan/John Sheppard Thunk thread.
              AHHHHH it all becomes clear now ..thanks
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
                Where's the promo vid??? *happy sigh* it sounds lovely!

As to the comments on fic -- you've got to be able to take the good with the bad and never get upset if someone points out valid grammar and spelling mistakes. The only thing that upsets me is nine times out of ten it's not a lack of knowledge on my part, but carelessness from typing too fast and even having betas, these things can get missed. No one is infallible and dang if our eyes don't skip over mistakes because our brain tends to be self correcting.

But, I honestly think that ff.net is geared towards 'gush for me'. It's the nature of the beast. If you want to grow as a writer, I think the best thing you can do is find someone to apprenticeship under basically. Have a beta that can go through and not only edit the mistakes but tell you *why* they are mistakes. It's fine for someone on ff.net to say 'hey, you spelled this wrong' or 'hey, that should be you're not your', but to get into details about story structure, comma splices, lack of exposition or too much, or cliche', ooc moments, etc -- you need someone that is capable to help you through that.
                This is what makes you such a good beta, sweetie! The words, narrative in dialogue, come to mind! To be honest, when people make the odd typo I don't have a problem with it. We all make mistakes. What I loathe most of all, is a character being totally OOC. However, I never leave criticisms that point out errors in the reviews I give. I'm just not comfortable doing it. People can be self-defensive, and I just keep my nose out of it. I have no problem with people pointing out my errors, especially mistakes like writing IDC instead of GDO !!!! Lol! (What was I thinking?)
                If people privately ask me for crit, I have no problem being honest, though.

I wouldn't worry about it Ali. People should accept that if you put your story up for public perusal, not everyone's going to like it, and people are only trying to help impart their wisdom when they give constructive criticisms. If people are abusive or rude - well, that's another matter. Some people are quite thin-skinned, I've noticed, and they have no problem dishing out the crit, but really can't take it!

Edit.

Forgot to mention, Josie and Ali I read both your ficcies and left reviews. Both were excellent, and cheered me up!
                Last edited by Linzi; 23 May 2006, 11:32 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                  Hurrah! The forums are working again!

I have made good use of the drought to finish up the prologue chappy to a new whumpy fic I had started. Hope you like it: A Bad Feeling

Next to be updated/completed will be the leg wound fic - can't guarantee when tho as I'm likely to be a bit busy over the next two days, what with House and X3!

Righto. Am off to watch that promo just one last time before bed...
                  Oh Ali another great start- it was so exciting!!! I cant wait for more.

Comment

Morning whumpers! Having a busy morning today so not had time to post yet... how we all doing today?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
                      Morning whumpers! Having a busy morning today so not had time to post yet... how we all doing today?
                      Well, I've been really lazy today. Sitting watching the promo vid, yep I'm that sad!, and reading ff. The usual. I did steam clean the bedroom carpets yesterday, so I'm taking a day off from chores, well other than washing, ironing, cooking etc..yawn,yawn.
                      I do fancy some more quality whump though. When's chapter 2 going to emerge? Bleeding shoulder wounds, dripping blood everywhere must be so painful...
                      sigpic

Comment

A quick whump!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                          I do fancy some more quality whump though. When's chapter 2 going to emerge? Bleeding shoulder wounds, dripping blood everywhere must be so painful...
                          Ah well.. I've got some ideas about that... like, must be even more painful if you're tied up.. *evil grin*

Mind you, trying to finish off the leg wound fic first - am in progress on the fifth and final chappy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss
                              http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/lissafoss/Joe%20flanigan/Atlantis/jshep302.jpg
                              Don't you just wanna hug him? Or maybe just climb on top...
                              sigpic

Comment

Yes, hug him, thats what i think when i see him like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X