John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
    Well, he was knocked cold in Suspicion and that was before The Siege. Tyrus was knocked cold in Underground as well.

I do believe there are different settings on Wraith stunners (I've done some things with that idea on my fanfics) but I think they were knocked out by stun blasts before The Siege.
    I also wonder if it the result of the blast (conscious or unconscious) has anything to do with the strength of the victim. Maybe as Shep gets more used to being blasted he can stay awake for longer.

Or maybe the distance from the Wraith.

Or maybe the hit can be off centered thereby leaving the victim conscious for a bit.

Or maybe it is just what the script needs!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      I also wonder if it the result of the blast (conscious or unconscious) has anything to do with the strength of the victim. Maybe as Shep gets more used to being blasted he can stay awake for longer.

Or maybe the hit can be off centered thereby leaving the victim conscious for a bit.

I do think it has to do with the strength of the victim. I recall something about Ronon requiring several blasts to subdue in a couple of episodes.

Also feel like people recover from a blast based on their relative strength... Ronon, Teyla usually come to fastest followed closely by Sheppard but that may actually be bleed over from fanfic.

Or... it is just what the script needs

All of this blast talk - makes me wonder why Atlantis and/or SG didn't develop a stimulant to counteract a wraithblast. Wouldn't that have made sense? Carry along some injectable stimulant that could be used (sparingly of course) to bring a fallen soldier/scientist quickly. In my mind, it would not be something that could be abused - maybe it weakens the heart...

Anyway... food for thought.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maggs View Post
        I do think it has to do with the strength of the victim. I recall something about Ronon requiring several blasts to subdue in a couple of episodes.

Also feel like people recover from a blast based on their relative strength... Ronon, Teyla usually come to fastest followed closely by Sheppard but that may actually be bleed over from fanfic.

All of this blast talk - makes me wonder why Atlantis and/or SG didn't develop a stimulant to counteract a wraithblast. Wouldn't that have made sense? Carry along some injectable stimulant that could be used (sparingly of course) to bring a fallen soldier/scientist quickly. In my mind, it would not be something that could be abused - maybe it weakens the heart...

We wouldn't want Shep to recover too quickly. I love groggy Shep after a blast.
        sigpic

Comment

Good evening, whumpers!

Thanks for the sig compliment. I did drool a bit when I made that!
          That is a lovely sig, indeed. I need to work on a new one. Since my brunch with friends scheduled for tomorrow had to be postponed, I may just work on it this weekend.

Well, he was knocked cold in Suspicion and that was before The Siege. Tyrus was knocked cold in Underground as well.

I do believe there are different settings on Wraith stunners (I've done some things with that idea on my fanfics) but I think they were knocked out by stun blasts before The Siege.
          I think, too, it depends on where the stun hits. In Suspicion, everyone was surprised to see Shep bounce back so quickly and he said he didn't take it full on.

I don't know if they could come up with a stimulant to counteract the stun. Wasn't it said somewhere that it kind of scrambles the nervous system, so you have to just wait for the affects to dissipate?

Heaven forbid!!

Hey, Ali! I hope y'all have a blast!

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I still need groggy Shep. Just thought that it would've introduced some potentially new whump ops. Emo whump when they struggle with the decision whether use the stimulant knowing what it's after affects are and then if they did use it we could've explored the after affects. Maybe it gives a quick start but only for a short burst of 20-30 minutes then if the person (and who are we kidding... it's Shep) would be worse of than before without medical attention.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
              Good evening, whumpers!

That is a lovely sig, indeed. I need to work on a new one. Since my brunch with friends scheduled for tomorrow had to be postponed, I may just work on it this weekend.

I think, too, it depends on where the stun hits. In Suspicion, everyone was surprised to see Shep bounce back so quickly and he said he didn't take it full on.
              I don't know if they could come up with a stimulant to counteract the stun. Wasn't it said somewhere that it kind of scrambles the nervous system, so you have to just wait for the affects to dissipate?

Heaven forbid!!

Hey, Ali! I hope y'all have a blast!
              Hadn't heard about the stun scrambling the nervous system. Maybe not so possible then. Oh well. One can dream.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh I can just hear McKay agonizing over whether or not to dose Shep and then Ronon of course, just grabs the drug and injects Shep...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  Oh I can just hear McKay agonizing over whether or not to dose Shep and then Ronon of course, just grabs the drug and injects Shep...
                  ...and gives him the wrong dose. Shep has a serious reaction to the drug and needs intubation.

Comment

I just got home from a double date with my hubby and another couple I needed something to fill my Friday night! Kids were dropped off at their karate dojo for a Parents Night Out party so we got to do the adult thing!

I realized I forgot earlier to ask for Whump Add-Ins for the next ep, Underground. SOOOO much missed whump here - when Shep and McKay are caught snooping around, why wasn't Shep interrogated a little bit more bloodier? Prime opportunity for Cowan to smack him around!
                    sigpic
                    Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Hadn't heard about the stun scrambling the nervous system. Maybe not so possible then. Oh well. One can dream.
                      I think that was Carson's comment. In theory you can scramble the nervous system, but not for long (at least if you want to live). I'm going to switch into biology mode - there are 2 components to the nervous system - the autonomic and somatic. The somatic is responsible for voluntary things like muscle movement, the autonomic regulates things like breathing which are involuntary.

Nervous response is a combination of chemical and electrical signals and can be overloaded - the nerves need time to 'reset' between impulses. In cases like sticking a metal object into an electrical socket you overload the nerves, which is why for a few seconds (or milliseconds) you can't move - the nerves are unable to relay an impulse to the muscles.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
                        I just got home from a double date with my hubby and another couple I needed something to fill my Friday night! Kids were dropped off at their karate dojo for a Parents Night Out party so we got to do the adult thing!

I realized I forgot earlier to ask for Whump Add-Ins for the next ep, Underground. SOOOO much missed whump here - when Shep and McKay are caught snooping around, why wasn't Shep interrogated a little bit more bloodier? Prime opportunity for Cowan to smack him around!
                        I agree. How dare Cowan not smack Shep around a bit?!

Glad you got a night out!

I think that was Carson's comment. In theory you can scramble the nervous system, but not for long (at least if you want to live). I'm going to switch into biology mode - there are 2 components to the nervous system - the autonomic and somatic. The somatic is responsible for voluntary things like muscle movement, the autonomic regulates things like breathing which are involuntary.

Nervous response is a combination of chemical and electrical signals and can be overloaded - the nerves need time to 'reset' between impulses. In cases like sticking a metal object into an electrical socket you overload the nerves, which is why for a few seconds (or milliseconds) you can't move - the nerves are unable to relay an impulse to the muscles.
                        Good explanation, thank you. At least the writers got part of it right!

Comment

hey everybody!!

**waves at SGAFan** How's Cold Silence coming along?
                          Yeah...how, uh, how? (not preasure here)

P4 (Pegasus 4) is an Atlantis con put on by Wolf in London. It's a weekend con - starting with a meet and greet Friday evening if you get one of the first 300 tickets. There's usually 5-6 guests and each guest does two panels (one on Sat., one on Sunday). It's pretty causal - some of the guests will actually hang out and chat in the hotel bar. Wolf is a little different from most cons in that all tickets are the same price and it's open seating.

This year's guest are : Paul McG, Kavan Smith, Chuck, Chris H (Halling and Todd) and BamBam (the stunt coordinator).

I went to P3 last year, had a ton of fun, and met quite a few people. The hotel that the Pegasus cons have been held at has a reputation of its own.
                          Wow!, that sounds absolutly fun!!!

I'll go with your last option

and Siege I is precisly, one of the best groggy's Shep, I really love how he finally lost consciousness in front of Teyla, I believe he was strongly holding in the presence of the Wraith, but when Teyla leans over him, he is releaved and gives up to sleep....I love that particulary.....

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                          ...and gives him the wrong dose. Shep has a serious reaction to the drug and needs intubation.
                          Intubation!...*sniff*, I'm gonna miss the possibility I've always hoped every friday 'cause I doubt we can hope that on the movie...)

Comment

Interesting concept. I feel like that stun in Suspicion is the only one that didn't make the intended fully unconscious but I could be wrong. I'm no wraithologist

My gut on the wraith is that first and foremost humans are food. They seem to just stun so they can collect and store... for later. I'm no expert though and I like the idea that they like like to torment their victims / food.
                            oh definitely but consider the queen in Rising. She was feeding on Sumner but also using it as an interrogation technique.

Also consider the Wraith use Runners for "sport" they do much more than just feed on humans who they view as livestock. So considering Runners, it stands to reason that the Wraith's view and even "relationship" with humans doesn't just end at grabbing them and feeding.

I thought the stunners could be used as an interrogation tool; using the pain to "break" the victim.

anyway... something I've thought about a lot for writing.
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

I really love the med-science details!!! thanks.

Originally posted by Salty View Post

Good!
                              as for Underground, yeah...I think that is just the one Shep whumportunity it contains......a brutal interrogation....but...I always though, maybe it was my imagination....the girl who's father died...(don't remember her name), did not her develop a crush on Shep in this ep? (you know the creepy-kind of crush?

oh! thanks to SGAFan and Lythisrose for those pics!
                              Last edited by Steve Austin; 23 January 2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

oh definitely but consider the queen in Rising. She was feeding on Sumner but also using it as an interrogation technique.

Also consider the Wraith use Runners for "sport" they do much more than just feed on humans who they view as livestock. So considering Runners, it stands to reason that the Wraith's view and even "relationship" with humans doesn't just end at grabbing them and feeding.

I thought the stunners could be used as an interrogation tool; using the pain to "break" the victim.

anyway... something I've thought about a lot for writing.
                                That is a very interesting idea! I hope you do get to write it!

Comment

Working...
                                X