John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen999 View Post
    Can't wait for "The Seed". Will have to watch my tivoed version as I work later.

Also "Exhuming McCarthy" is now complete.

If you want to read it in one fail swoop.

It begins here.

http://everybetty.livejournal.com/12509.html#cutid1

Now I'll be bale to catch up on some reading I've missed.
    Oh fabulous!!!

I started reading this yesterday because I wanted to read it in one go and it was just AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
      WooHoo! Mark Savela and crew got an Emmy nod for special effects for a series for Adrift. Very, very sweet. It's a beautiful episode. Huge congratulations to them!
      Good for them! And so they should - the FX in that ep were incredible.. especially the
      Spoiler:
      swooping space walk shot.

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
      I don't think we have to spoiler S4 stuff once S5 starts, but just in case....
      I think we still do - GW rules is current season stuff and most recent season isn't it?

Edit: Last day of work before The Seed! *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!*
      Last edited by Alipeeps; 18 July 2008, 12:03 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
        You can get S4 on 'Amazon Unbox Video'. I think they're about $1.89 an episode.
        Not if you're in the UK you can't. Plus I'm seriously broke right now, and I mean seriously, I have about 20p in my purse.

Originally posted by lcshepp View Post
        Let's not forget JM's blog comment about 'Remnants'.
        Spoiler:
        Ronin does some "serious damage to Sheppard."
        I think you've got in a little bit of a muddle there - but no worries easily done.

Season five Spoilers:
        Spoiler:
        That quote was from a Scifi article not JM's blog and was to do with Broken Ties - so we only have a week to wait.

I don't think we have to spoiler S4 stuff once S5 starts, but just in case....
        We have to spoiler anything that hasn't aired in syndication in the US and they are normally a full season behind so to be on the safe side its best to spoiler tag anything from season four.

Hiya hon! How's life across the pond?
        *peaks out the blinds* Grey! *closes the blinds again*

Can't wait for "The Seed". Will have to watch my tivoed version as I work later.

It begins here.

Now I'll be able to catch up on some reading I've missed.
        Excellent news I have been looking forward to reading it.

Comment

Hey Ruffles - good to see you again!

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
          For me, the whump I enjoy, but there's got to be the story/interaction to make it work. I do like TDO but I wouldn't put it up there with the whumpy episodes simply because though there was whump it wasn't ever an issue. It was just there. I like that episode more for the 'captain kirk, i'm gonna kick your *censor* for messing with my people and my ship' and the little things like 'remember where we parked' homage to ST and the floating bugs and Rodney realizing just how much he'd changed and the omg, stargate did a DARK moment with Gaul! A very grown-up moment.
          Oh absolutely - whump is good, but the storyline can be what makes the difference between it being just good or being really great.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          The Seed:
          Spoiler:
          Even if what we get to see in the ep isn't much more than the clip in the promo (and I'm pretty sure it actually will be at least a bit more) it's still gonna be awesome! We KNOW that we're going to see that moment and just the thought of is makes me UBER-giddy!
          ITA - The Seed -
          Spoiler:
          i don't care if we don't get much more either, it's the fact we know we're getting it!! And we'll get to see the context, and the the team angst (well, i hoping we do!)

SO excited for this ep - not long now, patience grasshopper...

GUH!

And the
          Spoiler:
          broken, shocked look on his face when he thinks Rodney's dead, that's he's failed him.... *huggles angsty Sheppard*
          *happy sigh*

Loved that moment...DG...
          Spoiler:
          i had major tummy flips at that scene, he just looked so much like he needed a hug.

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
          No worries is a topic I can read about all night.

I do wonder if we will ever really find out what drives him, "Does he value his own life, or is he on a self destructive path, but unaware of it?" I think he most definitely does have a self-destructive streak, and I think he is aware of it and now that he's in a position where he's carrying the weight of a galaxy on his shoulders he's got to fight against that side of his personality because he'd be destroying more than just himself.
          I agree with you comments about S4 showing us more of the man beneath the fascade - very much so.

And i certainly feel that S4 was the turning point where yes, he did become aware of his self-destructive side. So hopefully now we will see him struggle with that for the sake of the others. Obviously, i don't want him to become all dark and brooding all the time, but to see him actually have to face some challenges regarding it would be nice.

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
          I thought it was a subtle pointer in that direction when in S&R
          Spoiler:
          when Ronon got mighty pissed at him and telling him that he doesn´t have to do everything himself. I´m thinking some walls are falling down there.
          Absolutely -
          Spoiler:
          the interation between Shep and McKay will always be my fave, but i like how Ronan seems to be drawing Shep out of himself a bit more - he seems more on his emotional wavelength - and he seems to open up to him about stuff (like having been married and the like)

It begins here.

Now I'll be able to catch up on some reading I've missed.
          Yay - i've been looking forward to reading this!!
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

The plot description for Brain Strom from the main page just sounds
            Spoiler:
            terrible!!!!! Possibly an episode I am not even going to bother to watch... And that has not happened before... I'm so sick of these kind of eps... Rodney will probably be his usual annoying self when he is without Shep or Ronon. Throw Keller in for good measure and I'm out...
            *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
              ITA - The Seed -
              Spoiler:
              i don't care if we don't get much more either, it's the fact we know we're getting it!! And we'll get to see the context, and the the team angst (well, i hoping we do!)

SO excited for this ep - not long now, patience grasshopper...
              Oh I absolutely can't wait to see the context of the clip! I may have rewatched that part of the promo a few times yesterday and I paused it to check (cos it goes by SO quickly) and in the first bit of the clip where (The Seed)
              Spoiler:
              you see Sheppard lying on the bed, Carson and Rodney are standing beside the bed. What interests me as well is that, from the admittedly very short bit shown, they don't seem surprised or panicked about what's happening, as if it's a) expected or b) they know there's nothing they can do? Eeep!

I seriously cannot freaking WAIT for this ep! I can't wait to finish work today so that a) it's the weekend and no work and b) it's almost time for The Seed!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by caty View Post
                Spoiler:
                terrible!!!!! Possibly an episode I am not even going to bother to watch... And that has not happened before... I'm so sick of these kind of eps... Rodney will probably be his usual annoying self when he is without Shep or Ronon. Throw Keller in for good measure and I'm out...
                Bear in mind that you are only seeing the information from the sides...
                Spoiler:
                ...just because there is no mention of Shep et al doesn't mean they aren't there, it just means they don't interact with the guest stars they're looking to cast.

Though to be honest this is Martin Gero's directorial debut - was it ever going to be anything but a McKay episode?

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Hmm, doesn't sound great

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Oh I absolutely can't wait to see the context of the clip! I may have rewatched that part of the promo a few times yesterday and I paused it to check (cos it goes by SO quickly) and in the first bit of the clip where (The Seed)
                    Spoiler:
                    you see Sheppard lying on the bed, Carson and Rodney are standing beside the bed. What interests me as well is that, from the admittedly very short bit shown, they don't seem surprised or panicked about what's happening, as if it's a) expected or b) they know there's nothing they can do? Eeep!

I seriously cannot freaking WAIT for this ep! I can't wait to finish work today so that a) it's the weekend and no work and b) it's almost time for The Seed!
                    Yes i noticed that too...The Seed...
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm guessing it's a bit of both - they knew it was coming (maybe others have been affected already) and they also can't do anything!

But i guess there's only one way to find out!!

From the trailer it does strike me as a bit B movie-ish, the whole thing that's happening to Keller and what-not - and i'm not sure how seriously i'm going to be able to take it. But to be honest, that just makes me want to see it even more!!

l My LJ l

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
                      Yes i noticed that too...The Seed...
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm guessing it's a bit of both - they knew it was coming (maybe others have been affected already) and they also can't do anything!

But i guess there's only one way to find out!!

From the trailer it does strike me as a bit B movie-ish, the whole thing that's happening to Keller and what-not - and i'm not sure how seriously i'm going to be able to take it. But to be honest, that just makes me want to see it even more!!
                      Much as I like SGA as a whole and I don't mind Keller (she's better in some eps than others), right now I couldn't give a flying fig about the rest of the episode - I'm all about what happens to Sheppy!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Much as I like SGA as a whole and I don't mind Keller (she's better in some eps than others), right now I couldn't give a flying fig about the rest of the episode - I'm all about what happens to Sheppy!!
                        tbh, me too!

l My LJ l

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I'm with you there caty. From the description, the episode sounds as boring as Trio. But like Josie mentioned...
                          Spoiler:
                          Maybe there is more to it than just that and Shep does make an appearance. Well here's hoping.

I only care about Sheppy too, Ali.
                          sigpic

Comment

I love having new episodes full-stop and look forward to just having new SGA but I freely admit my bias towards both Shep and Shep whump and after all the squeeeee from the promo scenes, I can't lie that the majority of my excitement about this episode is what happens to Sheppard and how that storyline plays out.
                            sigpic

Comment

I am shocked at your behavior Ali! Truly shocked! Equal opportunities person I am Hold on! There are other characters Sorry my Shep tinted glasses don't allow me to see them

OT: Iz incredibly bored at work!
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                OT: Iz incredibly bored at work!
                                Snap! Don't wanna be at work! Wanna be squeeeeeing over The Seed! *stamps foot*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X