Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps
    ARGH!! I'M ANNOYED!!

Hubby has just phoned to say he is coming home now and, after completely buggering up my day with the shenanigans with the car keys (meaning I was late for work and didn't get home until over an hour after my usual time) has the cheek to say "What's for tea?" and when i said I didn't know to ask me can I please get something made for when he gets home cos he's hungry!!

Okay so he's worked late tonight but I work too and how dare he expect me to drop what I'm doing and rush to make him a meal just because it fits in with his sodding timetable for the day?!

I honestly felt like telling him to get a sodding takeaway on the way home if he's that damn hungry.
    Oy... men.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

I'm back! I love the round robin and the abc! They've really cheered me up. My daughter didn't get her grades at IB today. She missed by 1 point, and it's the school's fault. We've paid you don't want to know how much to have her privately educated, and they've screwed up her thesis, that's where she lost the point, her whole class got no points for it! It's heartbreaking. She did so well in everything else! Oh well...never mind. Medicine was always going to be a tough one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
        I'm back! I love the round robin and the abc! They've really cheered me up. My daughter didn't get her grades at IB today. She missed by 1 point, and it's the school's fault. We've paid you don't want to know how much to have her privately educated, and they've screwed up her thesis, that's where she lost the point, her whole class got no points for it! It's heartbreaking. She did so well in everything else! Oh well...never mind. Medicine was always going to be a tough one.
        Oh you're kidding me?! Is there no recourse to the school for the fact that they've messed this up? I remember a similar issue at my (also private) school where the entire economics class got U (ungraded) cos the useless teacher taught them the wrong syllabus for the exam or some such. Can't remember what, if anything, was done about it in the end (although the useless teacher did eventually get booted!)

So sorry for your daughter... can she maybe resit or something?
        sigpic

Comment

"Teyla's in better shape than you right now!" Rodney argued, noting Sheppard's involuntary grimace of pain as he pressed the dressing down hard on the ragged wound.
          Sheppard's hand went slack, and he stared at McKay with eyes that seemed to burn through his brain, such was the intensity of emotion that roiled in them like a storm.

Comment

Oh no - that is terrible!!! Poor Linzi!!!

Join in and hopefully we can cheer you up some more!!

Comment

L is for Life sucking!

Comment

Oh you're kidding me?! Is there no recourse to the school for the fact that they've messed this up? I remember a similar issue at my (also private) school where the entire economics class got U (ungraded) cos the useless teacher taught them the wrong syllabus for the exam or some such. Can't remember what, if anything, was done about it in the end (although the useless teacher did eventually get booted!)

So sorry for your daughter... can she maybe resit or something?
                Well, we don't know yet. We;re furious. She got the equivelent for A levels of 3 A grades, one being like an 's' level too. So, we'll have to see what Leeds say. The school will talk to the Uni. Fingers crossed!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                  Sheppard's hand went slack, and he stared at McKay with eyes that seemed to burn through his brain, such was the intensity of emotion that roiled in them like a storm.
                  Rodney was fighting back a rising panic as the field dressing visibly reddened under his hand; the pressure wasn't slowing the bleeding - this was serious.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh no Linzi - that is so flipping not fair!! Surely you can make some sort of appeal?!? We educated our son privately up to 11 but daughter (who is 4 years older) just went to the local junior school as we didn't have the money then! So I know all about fees! Luckily they both passed the 11+ and go to very good grammar schools but we did look at private senior school and it was just crazy money!!!! Having said that daugher says a lot of her teachers are cr*p and that she has to teach herself a lot of the stuff! The reason that they get good exam results is the quality of the students not necessarily the teachers! I would be spitting nails if I were you!

Mx
                    sig by SheppyD
                    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                    So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
                      McKay was taken aback at the intense gaze from Sheppard. How could someone losing that much blood still invoke a look of fear and anger? McKay reached for another dressing.

OK, its the first time i've ever written something....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                        McKay was taken aback at the intense gaze from Sheppard. How could someone losing that much blood still invoke a look of fear and anger? McKay reached for another dressing.

Heee! Welcome to whump writing! We'll have you all converted before long!!
                        sigpic

Comment

M is for Mind Control

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek

I like it.

"She's dying, McKay," Shepard croaked, "and it's my fault. Now leave me and help her – that's an order!"

Ali – I didn't miss yours. I'm compiling the whole thing into a Word document, and I did use your line.

Comment

M is for "My neck hurts!"

Mx
                              sig by SheppyD
                              Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
                              So he just looks crazy

Comment

Well, we don't know yet. We;re furious. She got the equivelent for A levels of 3 A grades, one being like an 's' level too. So, we'll have to see what Leeds say. The school will talk to the Uni. Fingers crossed!
                                How very stressful! I get confused about how your schools work but if she really wants medicine what about going abroad?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X