Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
    Hey, I said some are older LOL!

Ali, that was absolutely beautiful, breathtakingly written! And it felt so right, totally.
    hehe i know i just felt really old all of a sudden hehe

i don't know how you guys can write so fast... i type fast but it seems impossible for me to get anything done in a timely manner.

i've been having trouble with FF.net... they quit sending me update alerts... i keep having to go fic hunting... the wrascally plot bunnies
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve
      Eagles are def. good, my fav is Hotel California but Desperado is right behind it.

This pic torture they are doing to us is getting really old, really fast. *sniff*

So, with the caps snurched from Ali, and the two I got, here's some of the same to keep us jiving
      I think they have fan torturing down to a fine art!

I love Seven Bridges Road by the Eagles. The harmonies are beyond belief. They are so talented.

Right now I'm into Kieser Chiefs new album- completely different, slightly wacky, but I love it.

Thanks for all the fics guys! You're all really talented!
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel
        Right now I'm into Kieser Chiefs new album- completely different, slightly wacky, but I love it.

love the kaiser cheifs! i listen to just about everything but not country!
        i think my fav is indy rock.. really in to the killers at the moment to but that disc is sitting right beside my opera cd, which is sitting right by my Crosby stills nash and young cd which is sitting right by my great big sea cd...anyways you get the picture lol
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

More fics for me to catch up on. Great! I love this thread. It's really grown in leaps and bounds since I joined GW...way back when!

Oooh...we talking about ages and music tastes? 40 and, at the moment, anything by Enigma. I'm such a hippy!! Love a lot of the '80s stuff to like Duran, Duran and Ultravox.

Yay...new promo...and leather jacket! He needs a good whumping in that jacket!!

I'd completly forgotten it's new DVD time today! Fab!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps
            Seriously? it's not horrendously cheesy/clichéd or anything? I really want to be able to write scenes like this as when done right they can be awesome.. but it's surprisingly nervewracking to do!
            I left a review. What a way to start the morning! Wow! The best romantic/erotic SGA fic I've ever read, truly. Left me a little hot, (shame I didn't read it before bed last night...*cough*) and a little envious of the lady, (who wouldn't be?), but, it was so lovely and - beautiful - truly. I could get used to reading stuff like that. Well done. I've read so many bad fics of that particular genre, how nice to read such an excellent one, that a non-shipper/ whumptart like myself REALLY enjoyed. Am still stunned - hubby? Where are you?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
              More fics for me to catch up on. Great! I love this thread. It's really grown in leaps and bounds since I joined GW...way back when!

Oooh...we talking about ages and music tastes? 40 and, at the moment, anything by Enigma. I'm such a hippy!! Love a lot of the '80s stuff to like Duran, Duran and Ultravox.

Yay...new promo...and leather jacket! He needs a good whumping in that jacket!!

I'd completly forgotten it's new DVD time today! Fab!!

My dvd arrived, yay!
              Shep DOES need a good whumping in that leather jacket. Come on, he's just asking for it, lol!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                My dvd arrived, yay!
                Glad you got it! My post doesn't get delivered until about 11!

Shep DOES need a good whumping in that leather jacket. Come on, he's just asking for it, lol!
                We should get someone to pin a note to the back of it saying 'Kick me...also feel free to thump, whack, shoot, stab or wallop me as well'!

Comment

We should get someone to pin a note to the back of it saying 'Kick me...also feel free to thump, whack, shoot, stab or wallop me as well'!
                  Lol! What a great idea. *Linzi sends note to TPTB*
                  sigpic

Comment

ROFLMAO! I quite agree. A 'kick me' sign is definitely warranted. I nearly typed 'kink me' sign.. that might not be a bad idea either.. hmm..
                    sigpic

Comment

"Kink me!" I could go for that.

I really should be doing some writing now but I just can't get in the mood I guess it's because I know I can't really get into it today because of the football and everything. Plus I'm getting near the end now and the focus moves from action to angsty psychological stuff and I'm rather apprehensive about it. I've got most of it down in a basic form but it's a bit muddled and I really want to get the reasons for a certain character's actions to come across properly and not appear too cliched or out of character. And it's really tough. The only thing I'm really happy with is the epilogue.

But I really should get something done this weekend because I don't like leaving it too long between updates.

Comment

I'm sure it will be great Josie. Stress less!
                        sigpic

Comment

Stressing is what I do best!

Comment

Oooh I used to love Enigma! When I was phoning loads of companies in Belgium the other week one of them had Sadness Part II as their hold music and I was quite put out when I finally got put through to someone and the music stopped!

I also adore 80s stuff... those were my teenage years and damn but there was some greast music in the 80s.

Originally posted by Linzi
                            I left a review. What a way to start the morning! Wow! The best romantic/erotic SGA fic I've ever read, truly. Left me a little hot, (shame I didn't read it before bed last night...*cough*) and a little envious of the lady, (who wouldn't be?), but, it was so lovely and - beautiful - truly. I could get used to reading stuff like that. Well done. I've read so many bad fics of that particular genre, how nice to read such an excellent one, that a non-shipper/ whumptart like myself REALLY enjoyed. Am still stunned - hubby? Where are you?
                            Aww thanx Linz, and thanks for your lovely review! I'm so glad you liked it - I really was quite nervous about posting it!

*luffs you*
                            Excellent idea!

Josie - I promise to get your latest chappy back to you today and then you can have an update.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ali but really I am behind on the actual writing bit it's driving me nuts. I guess I've been through a down patch most of my writing tends to get down when I'm at the other end of the scale. The only worry then is that it'll make no sense.

I've never really contemplated writing erotica I wouldn't do it well and besides it's rather like letting someone read your diary. I think you're very brave Ali. I do have an idea for a kind of romantic story which is born out of one scene that I think would be incredibly sensual despite it involving no sex whatsoever. But I'll never write it people would just scream "kirking" so elements of it will be changed and incorporated into another story.

Comment

I've just noticed something wierd with ffnet... I've not been getting all my reviews! When Linzi mentioned she had reviewed my fic i checked my emails but nothing... but when I looked on ffnet there was her review and another one that also hasn't been emailed to me. And then I looked at the reviews for all my other fics - and nearly every single one had at least one review from within the past couple of weeks that had never been emailed to me!!

It's really quit freaky cos some reviews haven't been emailed and yet others that have been posted later have! Very odd....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X