John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Well, not surprisingly, in light of spoilers we've had since that entry, I can think of at least 3 different scenarios that fit the A,B,C,D thing, none of which are probably correct!
    I recall that entry as well - and I actually thought he was just speaking hypothetically.

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
    Im just gonna have to keep everything crossed for atlantis to be renewed.
    Me too.
    sigpic
    My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

yeh i was really shocked that BSG got cancelled since everyone flippin raves about it (cant stand it myself) and scifi channel promoted it to the high heavens..and ECW all i can is WTF??!!!!

apparently they dont want proper scifi shows on the SCIFI channel anymore...GRRR!!!

I know what you mean, i wasn't into BSG myself but i know so many people that thought it was the dog's bits!

All the good shows seem to get cancelled these days while the detritus lives on!!

There is no justice in the sci-fi world.

Oh and i've pratically crippled myself with everything i've got crossed!!
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

l My LJ l

Comment

yeh i was really shocked that BSG got cancelled since everyone flippin raves about it (cant stand it myself) and scifi channel promoted it to the high heavens..and ECW all i can is WTF??!!!!

apparently they dont want proper scifi shows on the SCIFI channel anymore...GRRR!!!

BSG wasn't cancelled per se. The producers made the decision to end the show. Skiffy didn't say "you're fired." Critical raves don't keep a show alive but ratings do. Ack, don't even mention ECw. Blech!

Painkiller Jane seems to have bombed, especially as I'm sure it got plenty of promotion etc... ECW (Did I get that right?) seems to get the highest ratings! Strange that it's on a scifi channel...

I'd be heartbroken if SGA gets cancelled personally, I keep wanting to be positive, but with BSG finishing, which seems to have been mutually decided by the execs of that show and SciFi, I can't hold out much hope for SGA, unless MGM can do a deal with SciFi which they can't refuse. Personally I don't think the third series will ever see the light of day. I can't see SciFi wanting it, and I don't know who else would.
        Painkiller Jane was like a scifi La Femme Nikkita and it's dark and dreary and well, if you like dark dreary fare, it's fine, but I coudln't get past the first twenty minutes.

I can't see the third SG series being done if Skiffy et al can't put themselves 100% behind SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squonk View Post
          I know what you mean, i wasn't into BSG myself but i know so many people that thought it was the dog's bits!

All the good shows seem to get cancelled these days while the detritus lives on!!

There is no justice in the sci-fi world.

Oh and i've pratically crippled myself with everything i've got crossed!!
          i know, thats the problem with being a scifi fan...all the shows get cancelled so quickly these days...what if i dont like crap like 24, or lost, or soap operas....a few seasons of atlantis can only get me so far! and dont get me started on crap like big brother which keeps being renewed.
          Originally posted by prion View Post
          BSG wasn't cancelled per se. The producers made the decision to end the show. Skiffy didn't say "you're fired." Critical raves don't keep a show alive but ratings do. Ack, don't even mention ECw. Blech!
          well thats basically the same to me, they both didnt think it was worth carrying on even though "everyone" loved it...you think theyd fight for it.
          Painkiller Jane was like a scifi La Femme Nikkita and it's dark and dreary and well, if you like dark dreary fare, it's fine, but I coudln't get past the first twenty minutes.

I can't see the third SG series being done if Skiffy et al can't put themselves 100% behind SGA.
          dark and dreary like BSG was lol

i agree with that last statement, if atlantis doesnt get backing why would they want to even look at another series....people will just think "well they didnt back the spin off from sg1 why would this be any different"

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

Have to say, never got into either of those...but I was surprised about BSG. Do ya know what really makes me mad at the moment...Sky1 and Sky2 are showing back to back eps of SG1 every day at the moment....a cancelled show, but where are the SGA's....the current show?...NOWHERE!!!!!!!..
            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
              Have to say, never got into either of those...but I was surprised about BSG. Do ya know what really makes me mad at the moment...Sky1 and Sky2 are showing back to back eps of SG1 every day at the moment....a cancelled show, but where are the SGA's....the current show?...NOWHERE!!!!!!!..
              I know! I want more SGA re-runs on Sky too!
              sigpic

Comment

Morning whumpers...just thought I'd do a quick flyby before I go off and teach.

I hope that SGA gets renewed for S5. I really don't understand why SciFi does the whole hiatus thing. You would think that they would look at the numbers before and after they started doing the 6 or 7 month hiatus to do a comparison. Oh well.

Well gotta go. Talk to you later.
                sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
                &
                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

ditto!! and for them not to screw it up as well!! like when i was waiting for the eye to come on and they put bloody sg1 48 hours on instead!!!!

and CONGRATS ON 13,200 POSTS LINZI!!

Comment

It makes me sad as well as angry...its almost as if they aren't thinking about their future scheduling...I mean why promote a cancelled show when the current one is going to be coming back on. I know that SG1 was and still is popular, but to show no SGA!!!???...its madness; they could at least show one of each instead of 2 SG1's...I don't understand it.
                    sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

13200!!!!

BLIMEY O'RILEY LINZI

Right, I'm off. Kids to collect and opticians to visit...catch ya later peeps.
                      sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

It makes me sad as well as angry...its almost as if they aren't thinking about their future scheduling...I mean why promote a cancelled show when the current one is going to be coming back on. I know that SG1 was and still is popular, but to show no SGA!!!???...its madness; they could at least show one of each instead of 2 SG1's...I don't understand it.
                        scifi, sky one......run by idiots thats all i can say!! these people have no concept of what makes a good tv schedule, no concept of what SCIFI fans want....they dont have a clue!!

and yes i agree why not one sg1 and one sga...they put sg1 on a continual loop, as well as buffy, heck they even show Jake 2.0 more than atlantis has ever been shown and that only had about 14 episodes before it was cancelled!! and of course the MILLION episodes of the simpsons they have to show every day!!

Comment

ditto!! and for them not to screw it up as well!! like when i was waiting for the eye to come on and they put bloody sg1 48 hours on instead!!!!

and CONGRATS ON 13,200 POSTS LINZI!!
                          Thanks Roo, I hadn't noticed!

I must say, I was so looking forward to The Eye. Yes, I know, I've got 3 dvd's of it, but even so, I love watching it live! What the hell were they thinking? Stupid 48 hours!!!
                          Bottom line is ratings. SG1 gets better ratings on re-runs than SGA, and better ratings for new episodes too. For some reason SG1 is more popular in the UK. Obviously, us Brits have no damn taste!
                          13200!!!!

BLIMEY O'RILEY LINZI

Right, I'm off. Kids to collect and opticians to visit...catch ya later peeps.
                          Thanks, sweetie!!! Have fun at the opticians!
                          sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS LINZI ON 13200 AND SQUONK ON 1400!!!
                            My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                            Sig and avi by me
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by *Erika* View Post
                              CONGRATS LINZI ON 13200 AND SQUONK ON 1400!!!
                              Thanks!!!

Congrats to Squonk on 1400 posts!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Congrats Linzi on 13200
                                and
                                Squonk on 1400

Gotta head to work Have a great day!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X