John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salty View Post
    For anyone who's down in the dumps waiting for EXO, or for any other reason, I bring you all good cheer....and the warm fuzzy feeling that you're not me

spoiler tags are for long-winded OT rant and for GG to be able to click on something
    Spoiler:

Last night we had our Open House at home and had pretty close to 68 guests in our house. All at once. Now figure each couple had 2 or 3 kids, ranging from 18 months to 11 years old. So the kids outnumbered the adults. We had food galore which is good, and now I'm left with at least 8 dozen cookies, which is not good.
    The party started at 5 and the last guests left around 11:15. My 3-year-old asked to go to bed at 10:15 She was a wee bit tired.
    Now the whump begins.....
    Hubby walks him Mom out to the car, comes in, goes up to put our son to bed, comes downstairs, tries to lean against the table, can barely stand!! He is completely tanked! And he's not one to hold his liquor. He goes up to bed before I can complain to him how his brother's wife had told me how the whole family needs to celebrate Christmas the day after Christmas because no one wants to leave their house on Christmas Day, and since she's hosting, she'll just do it this year but next year, plans will have to change. Bah humbug!
    So I'm seething but can't talk to hubby, I clean up with my Mom, and go to bed completely pissed at hubby. He lies down, sits up and heads into the bathroom which he proceeds to puke continously for 2 hours, while I lie in bed listening to him until 2am!!
    Morning arrives, the kids get me up, I come downstairs, my son looks under the tree and mentions the tree has lots of black bugs. I looked - there's an infestation of ticks!!! Trees gotta go!!! Hubby is still puking. I go out to breakfast with Mom and the kids, come home, hubby still sick. Mom and I go out to a store, buy a large fake tree, come home, take ALL the ornaments off the tree, make hubby wrap up real tree and drag it outside, then start to put together the fake tree so we can decorate all over again 2 days before Christmas.

So now we have a fake Christmas tree, a real one outside hosting all sorts of lovely ticks, a resentful sister-in-law who we're visiting on Christmas Day, and finally a recovered hubby. One more day 'til Christmas!!!

So what did I miss in here the last 2 days?
    Salty it sounds like you had a heck of a time. That's a shame about the xmas tree. I'm really sorry to hear that. Sounds like your hubby had too good of a time...I feel your pain.

You didn't miss much except some REALLLYYY great pics, but I'm sure you already caught up on those.

Other than the above are you doing better? I bet you are, now that your party is over.
    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
    &
    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      and a virtual hug from Shep for his whumped whumper

I feel better already!!! Thanks!!
      sigpic
      Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

How about a little whump?

Spoiler:

and a virtual hug from Shep for his whumped whumper

More whump pocus!!!
        sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
        &
        AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

How about a little whump?
          Oh, yes please!!

I've been treating myself to my SGA S1 DVD today. In between trying to get ready for Christmas Eve and Chrostmas Day. We do it BIG around here. And I just got done watch TDO . . . *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
            Salty it sounds like you had a heck of a time. That's a shame about the xmas tree. I'm really sorry to hear that. Sounds like your hubby had too good of a time...I feel your pain.

You didn't miss much except some REALLLYYY great pics, but I'm sure you already caught up on those.

Other than the above are you doing better? I bet you are, now that your party is over.

We're all recovered now. Hubby feels better after sleeping off the hangover - and I started being nice to him And in a day or two we'll be chuckling over the whole tick incident. (I hope!)
            And I AM glad the party's over - remind me next year when I get that glint in my eye NOT to do it!! I tried bribing my son to clean up the playroom but even he turned down cash and giftcards after realizing how much work there is!
            I can't wait to settle into bed with a good whump fic!
            sigpic

Comment

Defiant One whump sounds good. I am watching Sound of Music right now. Not much whump in that one!

and a little silly whump by Pennywise

sigpic

Comment

Defiant One whump sounds good. I am watching Sound of Music right now. Not much whump in that one!

Can you believe I've never watched Sound of Music??
                sigpic

Comment

Can you believe I've never watched Sound of Music??
                  Yawn, no, I can't **yawn** believe that! **snore**
                  sigpic

Comment

Yawn, no, I can't **yawn** believe that! **snore**

Are you saying I"m boring? :0
                    sigpic

Comment

Are you saying I"m boring? :0
                      Nope you certainly aren't but I think the Sound of Music is!
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that, Pocus.

LOL! I love the silly whump. Pennywise did a great job.

Comment

Nope you certainly aren't but I think the Sound of Music is!
                          So I haven't missed anything the last 4 decades, huh? No hot guys, no whump, why bother!
                          sigpic

Comment

Two new fics:

The Covenant

IWTB Secret Santa Fic
                            sigpic

Comment

THANK YOU!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

So I haven't missed anything the last 4 decades, huh? No hot guys, no whump, why bother!
                                Exactly!!!!

None of this

Common Ground

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X