No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi and welcome JS28! Thanks for the vid links!

Welcome CC as well!! Oh my word...you're StealthDragon...you're one of my fave fanfic writers. It's great to have you here!

I'm trying to catch up fics and I've read O1 and SGAFan's. They're really good...thanks for those!

Comment

Okie dokie, so I've always wanted to write a fanfic of some kind and having been inspired by all the good ones here I've decided to give it a whirl! I hope to be a published author someday and fanfic is a great way to get input on your writing and find out if you're even good in the first place. I hope I'm good, we'll see I suppose!

Anyway, I don't know how to set it all up the way some of the others are so I'll just stick it in the body of my message it and spoiler it for size. Here is the prologue to "Shattered Mirrors" (I just came up with that name, I might change it eventually). If you guys like it I'll write more. Keep in mind it's my very first try! :O)

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

The small room was dark, the single bulb doing little more than create shadows. At the table in the center, the only piece of furnishing in the room, Acastus Koyla sat. His aide had been standing at his shoulder for over two hours waiting for something to happen. So far, nothing. Kolya wasn’t eating, he wasn’t sleeping, and there was no paperwork of any kind on the table before him. He simply sat.
      Trying hard not to fidget, the aide cast a glance towards the darkened part of the room where he knew the door was.
      “You may leave if you wish.”
      The aide started slightly. Quickly he straightened up and faced forward again.
      “No sir” he answered stiffly “I’m fine.”
      “It’s almost time.”
      Hesitating, the aide asked “Are you sure it’s a good idea sir? I thought you had maintained there was nothing personal.”
      “There isn’t” Kolya responded “On my end at least. Unfortunately he now has ample reason to have something personal against me and that makes him a fairly substantial enemy.” The man leaned back in his chair and glanced over at his young aide “lesson number one, know your enemy and, if possible, kill him when he least expects it and preferably before he has a chance to kill you.”
      “Yes sir” the aide stammered “but isn’t it dangerous to be going to this…extreme?”
      “To kill an extreme soldier it takes extreme measures” Kolya responded simply and said nothing else.

It was another hour and a half before there was a sudden sharp knock on the door. Without waiting for an answer the door was cracked open and the aide flinched, throwing a hand automatically over his eyes as they were assaulted by more light than he’d seen in several hours. Kolya, of course, did not react. A guard stuck his head in the door.
      “He’s here.”
      Kolya nodded, “Send him in.”
      The door was opened wider and a tall, cloaked and hooded figure strode in. The aide felt uneasiness in his gut and for the first time it seemed to occur to him how stupid it was to be in a room with only one exit. Especially now that the only way to that exit would be through the individual who had just walked through it. Of course, the aide reassured himself, Kolya wasn’t that stupid…he hoped.
      The figure strode forward and sat in the chair on the other side of the table. The guard closed the door and once again they were all in shadow.
      “Did you bring it?”
      “Of course,” the figure responded, his voice a deep guttural hiss. “Why else would I have come?”
      Kolya leaned forward in his seat “Let me see it.”
      A single hand reached forward and the aide shuddered, knowing that, were they in the full light, the hand would appear to have a greenish tinge to it. Kolya reached forward and took the small object. Leaning back once more, he held it up and examined it in the poor light.
      “This is it?”
      “Yes.”
      Kolya frowned, “I simply want him dead. Why should I follow this much plan of yours when I have no need of it? It puts me at more risk than is necessary.”
      “You will never get near him on your own. You tricked him once; I doubt he will let it happen again. As for me…I have no access to the help you have, nor do I have near the resources. Only a few ‘items’ I was able to take with me when I was forced out.”
      Kolya nodded idly. “I have heard of what was done to you.”
      The figure leaned forward aggressively, “I was betrayed! Twice by them and once by my own kind! The blame falls on them, however, they took everything from me and now…..I shall take it all from them.”
      “You’ll take it all from them” Kolya mused “and use one of their own to do it in the process. I have to admit, it would be the greatest blow to him. He’ll probably want to kill himself afterwards.”
      The figure leaned back again in his chair “yes” he said in a long drawn out whisper “he will beg for death.”
      As if unable to contain himself, he leaned forward once more, this time a gleam showing off pointed teeth under the cowl of the hood.
      “His request will not be granted.”
      In spite of his insistence that there was “nothing personal” Acastus Koyla could not hide his grin.
      He would enjoy the destruction of Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard.
      He would enjoy it very much.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
        since I finished and proofed it, just thought I"d let you all know that chapter eight of Darkness Runs Deep is posted

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3198694/8/

enjoy!
        Oh yes, I enjoyed, thank you very much! I was on the edge of my seat! Thanks again!!!!!!

Originally posted by CritterCreator View Post
        *Waves shyly* Hello. Former lurker here. Blackmailed to join when lurking was no longer possible. I was having whump pics withdrawl. Seeing pictures of a distressed and hurting Shep makes reading stories about a distressed and hurting Shep - and writing such stories - much easier. I'm a visual person, and I needed visuals. Plus my family gets annoyed when I watch an episode for like the fifth time... In one day. Can't really blame them.

I also popped in to say hello, so... Hello, again. I'll just slink quietly away now.
        Welcome, Critter! I'm so glad you de-lurked!!! I understand you're a FF author I admire greatly, a bit of a Stealthy one... ok, so that attempt at humour was lame...I do try! Anyway, I'm even more delighted you've decided to join us here in the madhouse, as I drool over your ficcies on a regular basis, as I'm sure you know from my reviews!!
        My hubby gets really fed up with me re-watching SGA episodes. He walks out the room when I watch TDO or 38 Minutes, and just asks, 'Why on Earth do you want to watch that episode again? You must know the dialogue by heart!'
        'Er, well, hello? Yes, of course I do, and your problem with that is????' Is my usual response to that. He thinks I'm obsessed and totally nuts. Of course, he's right...
        My eldest daughter will watch eppies with me happily, but my son gets fed up too. I've even converted my dad to watching SGA! I really need help!

Edit: I just re-read my post, and realised my usual response to my hubby about watching SGA eppies makes me sound just like McKay. Is there any hope for me???
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JohnSheppard28 View Post
          Okie dokie, so I've always wanted to write a fanfic of some kind and having been inspired by all the good ones here I've decided to give it a whirl! I hope to be a published author someday and fanfic is a great way to get input on your writing and find out if you're even good in the first place. I hope I'm good, we'll see I suppose!

Anyway, I don't know how to set it all up the way some of the others are so I'll just stick it in the body of my message it and spoiler it for size. Here is the prologue to "Shattered Mirrors" (I just came up with that name, I might change it eventually). If you guys like it I'll write more. Keep in mind it's my very first try! :O)

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

The small room was dark, the single bulb doing little more than create shadows. At the table in the center, the only piece of furnishing in the room, Acastus Koyla sat. His aide had been standing at his shoulder for over two hours waiting for something to happen. So far, nothing. Kolya wasn’t eating, he wasn’t sleeping, and there was no paperwork of any kind on the table before him. He simply sat.
          Trying hard not to fidget, the aide cast a glance towards the darkened part of the room where he knew the door was.
          “It’s almost time.”
          Hesitating, the aide asked “Are you sure it’s a good idea sir? I thought you had maintained there was nothing personal.”
          “There isn’t” Kolya responded “On my end at least. Unfortunately he now has ample reason to have something personal against me and that makes him a fairly substantial enemy.” The man leaned back in his chair and glanced over at his young aide “lesson number one, know your enemy and, if possible, kill him when he least expects it and preferably before he has a chance to kill you.”
          “Yes sir” the aide stammered “but isn’t it dangerous to be going to this…extreme?”
          “To kill an extreme soldier it takes extreme measures” Kolya responded simply and said nothing else.

It was another hour and a half before there was a sudden sharp knock on the door. Without waiting for an answer the door was cracked open and the aide flinched, throwing a hand automatically over his eyes as they were assaulted by more light than he’d seen in several hours. Kolya, of course, did not react. A guard stuck his head in the door.
          “He’s here.”
          The door was opened wider and a tall, cloaked and hooded figure strode in. The aide felt uneasiness in his gut and for the first time it seemed to occur to him how stupid it was to be in a room with only one exit. Especially now that the only way to that exit would be through the individual who had just walked through it. Of course, the aide reassured himself, Kolya wasn’t that stupid…he hoped.
          The figure strode forward and sat in the chair on the other side of the table. The guard closed the door and once again they were all in shadow.
          “Did you bring it?”
          “Of course,” the figure responded, his voice a deep guttural hiss. “Why else would I have come?”
          A single hand reached forward and the aide shuddered, knowing that, were they in the full light, the hand would appear to have a greenish tinge to it. Kolya reached forward and took the small object. Leaning back once more, he held it up and examined it in the poor light.
          “This is it?”
          “Yes.”
          Kolya frowned, “I simply want him dead. Why should I follow this much plan of yours when I have no need of it? It puts me at more risk than is necessary.”
          “You will never get near him on your own. You tricked him once; I doubt he will let it happen again. As for me…I have no access to the help you have, nor do I have near the resources. Only a few ‘items’ I was able to take with me when I was forced out.”
          The figure leaned forward aggressively, “I was betrayed! Twice by them and once by my own kind! The blame falls on them, however, they took everything from me and now…..I shall take it all from them.”
          “You’ll take it all from them” Kolya mused “and use one of their own to do it in the process. I have to admit, it would be the greatest blow to him. He’ll probably want to kill himself afterwards.”
          The figure leaned back again in his chair “yes” he said in a long drawn out whisper “he will beg for death.”
          As if unable to contain himself, he leaned forward once more, this time a gleam showing off pointed teeth under the cowl of the hood.
          In spite of his insistence that there was “nothing personal” Acastus Koyla could not hide his grin.
          Very good! I'm looking forward to reading more of this!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

So much to catch up again!

Loved the new chapters of your fics O1 and SGAFan!
            I enjoyed also the video links, haven't watched many SGA videos until now, and they are very good!

Welcome to the thread CritterCreator, I also enjoy very much your fics you whump poor shep really well!

JS28, it's a very intriguing start, hope you write more soon!

Comment

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

“It’s almost time.”

“He’s here.”
              “Did you bring it?”
              “This is it?”
              “Yes.”
              More, more more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

“It’s almost time.”

“He’s here.”
                “Did you bring it?”
                “This is it?”
                “Yes.”

Oh yes please may I have some more???????

This was a delectable start
                sigpic
                Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Good morning!

::tired::

We had a huge party last night, and I woke up this morning to realize 'omg, tomorrow the return prt 2 airs'!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                    Edit: I just re-read my post, and realised my usual response to my hubby about watching SGA eppies makes me sound just like McKay. Is there any hope for me???
                    Hee hee...probably not. You definitely write McKay ever so well! Not to worry though, you write Shep brilliantly to!

JS28...smashing start to your fic. More soon please!

Comment

Hi all! *waves madly*

Feels like I haven't been in here for ages, but it was only last night. Caught up on the thread, so forgive the long post - I'm getting to like the multiple quote function.

Congradulations to O1 on 1200 and Nina on 1400!!

Josie - I hope you're feeling better soon. (((hugs)))

CritterCreator -
                      Let me join in the chorus of how much we love your fics! You're an awesome writer. (((hugs)))

Originally posted by CritterCreator View Post
                      I'm back. Thanks for the welcome. Just needed to mop up all the drool over the pictures. Now I must leave again to cook dinner and write some. How would you like your Shep whumped? Lots of blood, broken bones, illness (my personal favorite) or horrendous mental angst?

How about all of them? Time to get writing.
                      Oooohhhh! I'll opt for a large dose of delicious horrendous mental angst!!

Originally posted by Lorr View Post
                      OMG, we have 4 whole, bloody months until new eps!

I won't be in withdrawal, I'm going to be a basket case. I hope the bad karma comes back to bite TPTB in the a**!
                      I couldn't wait that long! Uncle Bit to the rescue, I hope.

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

“It’s almost time.”

“He’s here.”
                      “Did you bring it?”
                      “This is it?”
                      “Yes.”
                      Me likey!! I'd love to see some more.
                      sigpic
                      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Afternoon Whumpers....

Comment

Afternoon Stricken!

Great whumpy pics!!!

Are you feeling better today??

Comment

Originally posted by SLC View Post
                            Afternoon Stricken!

Great whumpy pics!!!

Are you feeling better today??
                            A little, the day after a cold and wet day my knee tends to swell a little...its alright...goes down after a while.

I know I posted these yesterday, but I love them

Comment

Spoiler:

PROLOGUE

“It’s almost time.”

“He’s here.”
                              “Did you bring it?”
                              “This is it?”
                              “Yes.”

More Please
                              sigpic

Comment

Good Morninig Whumpers!! Hope everyone is doing well this fine morning. Still trying to catch up on several pages of reading..so did I miss much?

*yawn* I got talked into going out last night. Stayed way later than I planned. Now I can't seemed to get moving this morning.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X