No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just watched phantoms again..........i honestly dont know how i feel about that episode

Comment

I'd love to write a tag where
      Spoiler:
      they are still seeing the vestiges of their flashbacks.........as in its taking their brain chemistry a while to adjust....and they still see these 'phantom' images and have a hard time shaking them. It'd be cool too for them to actually talk about what happened. if they were all there for another day till the daedalus got there you have to wonder what their conversations would be about. I can hardly imagine them all talking about normal things. so it would be nice to see some reflection and maybe give sheppy a little whumping in the process. Problem is, i have written so many flashback fics now, and dealt with sheppard backstory in two of my stories, and the current one i'm writing.....well i'd have to try and make it different somehow. I'm thinking......hmmmm.......................curse these constant fic ideas

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1
        I've just watched phantoms again..........i honestly dont know how i feel about that episode
        When you figure it out. Let me know. Im really torn. A part of me wants to watch again because of the Shep bits. Cause..okay..that's the reason I rewatch the eps anyway. LOL

But I don't know if rewatching would make it better or worse for me.

**smacks self**

Okay...going off to finish cleaning bathrooms, cry in the shower then spend money I don't have at the mall. By then I might be in a better frame of mind to watch the ep again. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by obsessed1
          I'd love to write a tag where
          Spoiler:
          they are still seeing the vestiges of their flashbacks.........as in its taking their brain chemistry a while to adjust....and they still see these 'phantom' images and have a hard time shaking them. It'd be cool too for them to actually talk about what happened. if they were all there for another day till the daedalus got there you have to wonder what their conversations would be about. I can hardly imagine them all talking about normal things. so it would be nice to see some reflection and maybe give sheppy a little whumping in the process. Problem is, i have written so many flashback fics now, and dealt with sheppard backstory in two of my stories, and the current one i'm writing.....well i'd have to try and make it different somehow. I'm thinking......hmmmm.......................curse these constant fic ideas

OMG! Please please PLEASE right this. Like right now. Because I know it would help ME ME ME feel better. And yes, I am selfish that way. LOL

I know you can come up with something to make it different. And Shep whump, yes yes yes. You do it so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
            Nope. That magazine short story wasn't considered SGA canon. Just her FANON version of Shep's past. So to speak.

Cool about the caps.
            Merlin's right.Though the books have had TPTB's approval, I'm not sure the short stories have, and even then I'm sure I read you can't take anything as canon unless you see it on screen. Even then certain groups of people see different things from others, particularly some of the shipping groups!

Merlin, you haven't expressed yourself poorly. I understand what you're saying. If you say you're an idiot again, I'm afraid I'm really having to have to fly over and punish you!!!! Nah, you'd probably like that, especially if Shep was involved, lol!
            Don't go - ever. We can have different perspectives and still have fun. We all enjoy whumping the life out of Shep after all, don't we?
            You've lost your squee again, and I'm really sad about that. Mine's still intact, though I won't deny I'd have squeed more had the episode played out differently. Then again, I'm not completely normal, am I?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
              Merlin's right.Though the books have had TPTB's approval, I'm not sure the short stories have, and even then I'm sure I read you can't take anything as canon unless you see it on screen. Even then certain groups of people see different things from others, particularly some of the shipping groups!

Merlin, you haven't expressed yourself poorly. I understand what you're saying. If you say you're an idiot again, I'm afraid I'm really having to have to fly over and punish you!!!! Nah, you'd probably like that, especially if Shep was involved, lol!
              Don't go - ever. We can have different perspectives and still have fun. We all enjoy whumping the life out of Shep after all, don't we?
              You've lost your squee again, and I'm really sad about that. Mine's still intact, though I won't deny I'd have squeed more had the episode played out differently. Then again, I'm not completely normal, am I?
              The heck with Sheppy. I just want to meet you in person some day. ::hugs::

I actually have expressed myself poorly though. I'm going to stick around cause you all are so wonderful. And you're the normal one. I'm the ABnormal one. Trust me on that one.

Comment

I'm going to stick around cause you all are so wonderful. And you're the normal one. I'm the ABnormal one. Trust me on that one.
                Abnormal compared to what? You're not the one who turned an innocent childrens' toy into a whump machine.

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper
                  OT: about iTunes:

Spoiler:
                  Did anyone buy the SGA Season Pass on iTunes? If you did, are you getting the new episodes (past episode 6)?

I wanted to buy CG and Phantoms, but they have never posted anything. Whassup with that?

I was even going to buy the new iPod video player that Apple released last week to watch them on, but dang it, if they aren't going to load the shows I want, and that they *promised* in their commercials, then I think I'll just keep my $$ in my pocket. GRRRRRR.

Was just wondering if I can get the new eps if I buy the season pass....

WannaBe
                  I haven't finished catching up, but thought I jump in here. I did get the pass, and got 2 emails that the newer eps are ready. I just can't download because my laptop is at the doctor's. ACK!! I have to wait for my baby to get home before I can get them!

Someone asked in the many pages above
                  Spoiler:
                  why a Jumper wasn't sent to pick up the team. Rodney said after the DHD was blown up that they could dial manually, but there was no power for the Gate to work.

Also, I'm going to toss in 2 more cents about the ep (and there may be more later).
                  Spoiler:
                  As much as I like physical whump, I prefer emotional whump. It sets up more possible story lines for the future. It gets into the dark recesses of the mind, where all the secrets and baggage are. Physical pain in TV land is transient. We'd never have a character like Shep disabled for protracted periods. However, emotional pain can be used long term in many ways, and cause all kinds of mayhem later.

Also, I loved the fact that all except Teyla were affected. It was logical. And, the odd camera angles, etc. really lent to the whole scenario. Hallucinations are waking dreams or nightmares. The 'backstory' was a little disappointing, but it worked for me wihin the context of the whole storyline.
                  I watched Phantoms again late last night. I liked it a whole lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorr
                    I haven't finished catching up, but thought I jump in here. I did get the pass, and got 2 emails that the newer eps are ready. I just can't download because my laptop is at the doctor's. I watched Phantoms again late last night. I liked it a whole lot.
                    Lorr,

On iTunes, actually I just checked again and it looks like they're all caught up now except for Phantoms. Yeah! I can DL CG!!!!!

Also, I've watched Phantoms twice today, and the more I see it
                    Spoiler:
                    (without the expectation of great backstory or whump moments) the more I like it. It really is full of action and angst.

WannaBe

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

OMG! Please please PLEASE right this. Like right now.
                      I know you can come up with something to make it different. And Shep whump, yes yes yes. You do it so well.
                      OMG I Agree with Merlin 100% please Obsessed 1 PWEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Oh and btw hello everyone hehehe
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

does anyone agree with the theory that ....

Spoiler:
                        sheps hallucentation (how ever you spell that) hehe was a reflection of accurate events... there was one guy not three... and who knows what else was different i mean that alone could keep su in fanfic for years.... maybe he was hurt in real life but not the dream.... oh so much potential here.... now if we can get the emotional and physical wump all at the same time i might die

Phantoms..aquiring it now...should have it tonight... i'm still looking forward to it
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

*pokes head in*
                          writing a phantoms tag....whumpy bloody gory goodness............
                          *pops back out to type*

Comment

When you figure it out. Let me know. Im really torn. A part of me wants to watch again because of the Shep bits. Cause..okay..that's the reason I rewatch the eps anyway. LOL

But I don't know if rewatching would make it better or worse for me.

**smacks self**

Okay...going off to finish cleaning bathrooms, cry in the shower then spend money I don't have at the mall. By then I might be in a better frame of mind to watch the ep again. LOL
                            In my opinion.. I didn't care to much for this episode.. really didn't do anything for me.

I liked seeing John and stuff.. but it was just not as exciting as I thought it was going to be.. I liked CG the best.. I could of missed this ep and not of cared... Hopefully the next ep and then the following eps to come after the hiatus will be better.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

I have a question about the episode....

Spoiler:
                              Ok John was in his delusion the whole time... so when Carson was delusional.. was he delusional when the military guy said he was going to go sit outside of the cave and guard it.. was this guy dead even then... i'm so confused...

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                                Well, I'm with you on the bloody gene thing! Stupid PTB!!!!!
                                ahhh the gene...yet another campaign we should start...could have some great gene/shep/atlantis stuff in an ep...

now phantoms....well all that squee was for nothing and i shall not be squeeing as much in the future!! i shall also stop speculating so much!

phantoms was..ok...but i dont know...it was lacking something...and i cant believe that
                                Spoiler:
                                everyone got shot except shep...BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!!! i felt them shooting rodney was just for the sake of it and when he was moaning at the end about shep i was just thinking oh shuttup!!! i wanted shep shot so that was
                                after hearing he wasnt, i thought well ok maybe itll still have some good stuff in it....but
                                Spoiler:
                                not even a scratch on him at the end!!
                                this whumper was not happy!! so that left the emotional stuff....i thought the shep stuff was good of course i always love his scenes LOL and yeh we got some nice emotional angst and
                                Spoiler:
                                sort of backstory..we learnt a little but again it was not what was promised in terms of a nice meaty backstory ep

so....yeh i dont know..it was......ok...wont be watched all that often and probably only then for the shep and carson bits....cos the carson bits were good too

thankgod for CG and IRRESISTABLE because those were good shep stories...if rather watch those over pantoms....and no thats not a typo

oh and im going to be very wary of bam bams spoilers in the future...he was just teasing us and i dont like being teased!!

i wasted so much squee!

this episode had so much promise but it didnt deliver..shame

what a babbling post LOL but i dont know pantoms has left me...just GRRR

we still have half a season left...so just fingers crossed for some good sheppy stuff in that!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X