Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi
    Morning whumpers!
    Interesting discussions while I've been sleeping.
    I agree about the GSW thingy. I mean, the same arm, twice? What's wrong with a shoulder, or a thigh? As for the moving wound in TLG - arggggh, don't get me started on that! I keep saying this, but SGA needs a whump continuity assistant - and I'm just the girl for the job...
    well, shoulder wounds can be nasty. (I still remember a fantastic article in TV Guide many, many years ago, written by a surgeon! in which he detailed what really happens when your hero gets shot in the shoulder - shudder, not a pretty sight!)

yes, let's hope they switch spots for injuries, otherwise McKay's in for a rude surprise the next time he gets shot (it'll just be the other cheek )

Comment

The reason we don't get enough good GSWs in SGA is those darned stunners. Shep is always getting stunned, which is pretty to look at (Shep is always pretty to look at), but they just don't cause enough damage. We must outlaw stunners. We want realy bullets. Real blood. Surgery. Crutches.

Hmmm. Do I sound a little blood thirsty for so early in the morning?

WannaBe

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

Did mention infections? If Shep is running around off world with a GSW and no access to immediate medical care, we must have an infection. Fevered Shep in scrubs, with glassy eyes, who must have a cool cloth pressed comfortingly to his forehead every few minutes...

WannaBe

Comment

Originally posted by prion

yes, let's hope they switch spots for injuries, otherwise McKay's in for a rude surprise the next time he gets shot (it'll just be the other cheek )
          I was just about to take a swig of my juice when I read that - I nearly choked.

Well I'm home again, going to try and get some writing done too.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
            I was just about to take a swig of my juice when I read that - I nearly choked.

Well I'm home again, going to try and get some writing done too.
            I spluttered at that too!
            Did you get my email okay?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper
              Did mention infections? If Shep is running around off world with a GSW and no access to immediate medical care, we must have an infection. Fevered Shep in scrubs, with glassy eyes, who must have a cool cloth pressed comfortingly to his forehead every few minutes...

WannaBe
              Oh yes! That sounds good...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                I spluttered at that too!
                Did you get my email okay?
                Hey Linzi yes I did get your e-mail and thank you for being so kind, IWTB too, you've both said such nice things but I'm still stuck as to where to go from here. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
                  Hey Linzi yes I did get your e-mail and thank you for being so kind, IWTB too, you've both said such nice things but I'm still stuck as to where to go from here. *sigh*
                  NOOO! That's a shame. I'm sure you'll sort it out though. It's such a lovely story and it desperately needs to be finished so I can read it, lol!
                  I know what it's like. I'm stuck on Failure at the moment. I'm just not sure which way to go with it. Oh the stress of writing...so, let's get back to Sheppy whumping instead!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper

WannaBe
                    Wait, is he still off world? With scrubs? Or did he develop the infection nicely and then get back to the infirmary? I need to have my lines of lascivious thought clear and straight before I start the day.

Comment

Morning Whumpers!!!

How is everyone today???
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                        Wait, is he still off world? With scrubs? Or did he develop the infection nicely and then get back to the infirmary? I need to have my lines of lascivious thought clear and straight before I start the day.
                        Let's see here...I'm thinking ...once the infection sets in, he's carried back to the gate by his team, limbs all akimbo, muttering deliriously, bandaged in awkward places. Have to get him back to Atlantis so we can have a yummy infirmary scene and Carson clucking over him!

WannaBe

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek
                          Morning Whumpers!!!

How is everyone today???
                          Life is good here, GG! The heat wave has finally broken a bit -- at least we're not supposed to hit 100 degrees F for a few days -- and we're on the countdown to the long holiday weekend!

The only downside is...no SGA ep to look forward to tonight. **pout**

How are you, dear?

WannaBe

Comment

I like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas, Josie. Could you or someone sum up what you've written? Or maybe you can post a link to a copy of what you've written? I love to read great fic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jersey13
                              I like to think I'm pretty good at coming up with ideas, Josie. Could you or someone sum up what you've written? Or maybe you can post a link to a copy of what you've written? I love to read great fic.
                              I haven't posted any of this story yet and it's not really a story, it doesn't have a plot it's more of a character piece. I can't really explain it and it's not something where I need an idea so much as just inspiration...it's hard to explain. It's like TSOI, I know what's going to happen in part 3 I'm just struggling with the writing part of it. *sigh* And I thought KTF was difficult it came far easier than this.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan
                                No previews or anything just the cover picture of the gate underwater with the city in the background (one of those original promo pics)

It says "available September 1, 2006" so I'll check back. I"m getting it as soon as its available
                                Good morning, everyone! Amazon US didn't have a release date, so I ordered it from the UK site, which is often ahead of us. The postage is more than the calendar, but I want it NOW! If it is released here today , some of you will get it ahead of me.

Ordered S3 from iTunes last night and will start downloading tonight! Another big ol' SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                                Since S2 won't be released here until November (what is up with that any?), I just can't wait until next year!

Must fly, the early birds are arriving at work (I'm in San Francisco). Have a fabulous, fun day! *waves bye*

Comment

Working...
                                X