No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got my son hogging the TV right now but when his show is over I told him he's getting 'booted' hehehe. I'm going to watch some of my DVR shows that I haven't gotten to watch lately I think to waste the next few hours. I'm so ready for it to be time!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
      This is what Alex Levine (SGA & SG1 Script co-ordinator) says in his weekly blog over on Sci-fi.com about CG

nothing terribly spoilerish, mainly just anecdotal.

Spoiler:
      The birth of a nickname...

There’s a new writer on Atlantis this year; it’s Copernicus, the Polish astronomer (1473-1543). Well… not exactly. That’s actually the new writer’s nickname. His actual name is Ken Cuperus.

The back story is this. Usually at the start of the year, when the writing staff first gets together to come up with episodes and start writing the season, the writers take pitches from freelance writers. There’s also the outside chance that freelance writers will be hired onto the staff if there’s a need for a new staff writer. With 40 hours of TV to produce each year, there’s often such a need. So this year, on Atlantis, Ken successfully pitched an episode that will be shown tonight, called “Common Ground,” and was subsequently hired onto the staff.

So how did Cuperus become Copernicus? Well, listen close my friends and I’ll tell you. During preproduction, Robert Davi arrived, ready to reprise his role as Kolya, and stopped by the writer’s room to say hello. And just to let you know, Robert Davi is kind of rough and tough in real life too. So Robert Davi walks into the room, greets everybody, and then asks, right out of the blue, “so which one of you guys is Copernicus?” And Ken, being new on the staff, chose not to correct Robert Davi. He just quietly raised his hand. Mr. Davi just wanted to say he liked the script, but… well… sometimes nicknames just stick. By the next day somebody had taped a number of photocopies of pictures of Copernicus onto Ken’s door, with a perfectly placed square cut-out that you can look through to see “Modern-Day Copernicus At Work”.

Other nick names from the writing staff? “Grudgy Grudgerson” (Joe Mallozzi), “Mr. Jeopardy” (Paul Mullie), Martin “Gero-Worship” aka “The Class Clown”, Carl “The Truth” Binder – because he tells it like it is, Alan “Pretty Boy” McCullough, “Coop” and “Big Idea Brad” Wright aka “Mr. Science”.

Enough babbling! Onto this week’s shows:

Common Ground is a great Atlantis episode. Mr. Jeopardy would be soooo proud. You’ll be impressed with the prosthetic make-up, done to perfection as always by Todd Masters.

Oh shoot.... The last sentence reflects more evidence that we will have to see
      Spoiler:
      65-75 year old ugly drug addict Shep Don't want that
      *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

This is what Alex Levine (SGA & SG1 Script co-ordinator) says in his weekly blog over on Sci-fi.com about CG

nothing terribly spoilerish, mainly just anecdotal.

Spoiler:
        The birth of a nickname...

There’s a new writer on Atlantis this year; it’s Copernicus, the Polish astronomer (1473-1543). Well… not exactly. That’s actually the new writer’s nickname. His actual name is Ken Cuperus.

The back story is this. Usually at the start of the year, when the writing staff first gets together to come up with episodes and start writing the season, the writers take pitches from freelance writers. There’s also the outside chance that freelance writers will be hired onto the staff if there’s a need for a new staff writer. With 40 hours of TV to produce each year, there’s often such a need. So this year, on Atlantis, Ken successfully pitched an episode that will be shown tonight, called “Common Ground,” and was subsequently hired onto the staff.

So how did Cuperus become Copernicus? Well, listen close my friends and I’ll tell you. During preproduction, Robert Davi arrived, ready to reprise his role as Kolya, and stopped by the writer’s room to say hello. And just to let you know, Robert Davi is kind of rough and tough in real life too. So Robert Davi walks into the room, greets everybody, and then asks, right out of the blue, “so which one of you guys is Copernicus?” And Ken, being new on the staff, chose not to correct Robert Davi. He just quietly raised his hand. Mr. Davi just wanted to say he liked the script, but… well… sometimes nicknames just stick. By the next day somebody had taped a number of photocopies of pictures of Copernicus onto Ken’s door, with a perfectly placed square cut-out that you can look through to see “Modern-Day Copernicus At Work”.

Other nick names from the writing staff? “Grudgy Grudgerson” (Joe Mallozzi), “Mr. Jeopardy” (Paul Mullie), Martin “Gero-Worship” aka “The Class Clown”, Carl “The Truth” Binder – because he tells it like it is, Alan “Pretty Boy” McCullough, “Coop” and “Big Idea Brad” Wright aka “Mr. Science”.

Enough babbling! Onto this week’s shows:

Common Ground is a great Atlantis episode. Mr. Jeopardy would be soooo proud. You’ll be impressed with the prosthetic make-up, done to perfection as always by Todd Masters.
        Cool! The best nickname has to be Grudgy Grudgerson!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
          ~Lol! I meant I'm so hyperventilating at the Shep gif, that I need the paper bag, and that it nice for those around me to see me with the bag over my head!

you mean this one?

Spoiler:

BTW, is this what you look like with a bag on your head?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, so, I'm almost there!!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM
              First off... SGAFan - Great chapter 6 of your story... poor Sheppard and wouldn't we all wanna be Carson in that part of your story... *lol*

Am I sensing you all getting really excited now ??? what is it just a few hours left now until all that can get to see CG....
              It's almost midnight here so it's pretty much saturday which means I get to see it in the evening.... which means I have to head to bed soon and wont be getting back on until I've seen it for myself... just now wondering how many pages I'm gonna have to catch up then *lol*

I'm sure Joe is going to find out just how much we have enjoyed seeing him in CG...

Checking back soon ...I'll be right back...
              Oh, I'm sure some of us will let BamBam know
              *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

Originally posted by caty
                Oh shoot.... The last sentence reflects more evidence that we will have to see
                Spoiler:
                65-75 year old ugly drug addict Shep Don't want that
                Spoiler:
                Yes, but keep in mind, there's so many shots of it that we've seen where he's nowhere near that bad so at least it's not the entire episode...*shudder*
                sigpic

Comment

As much as we gush here, I have a hunch our presence (and nuttiness) is known enough. Eeeep. And that's a scary thought, isn't it!?

So yeah, milestone!

sigpic

Comment

I'm beginning to think it's impossible for it to live up to expectation quite frrankly but if it's even half as good as we hope then it'll be worth it.

Actually it can live up to expectatiions, if there are none. But i'm sensing that this group has some expectations for this ep!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooh I just had another thought, Joe's at a con in Chicago this w/end so maybe we'll get some ickle biddy spoilers or at least some cute stories/pics.

Comment

CONGRATS IWTB ON 1700 POSTS!!!

Comment

You know, the thing is, it's all ready lived up to my expectations via the promo trailer, it actually surpassed them! So I'm going to be happy no matter what. Just having a Shep-centric episode like this makes my week!
                          sigpic

Comment

I hope
                            Spoiler:
                            that we don't have old shep in more eps.. I hope we get it resolved quickly.. I dont know if I could handle seeing old Shep in many episodes.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

CONGRATS
                              IWTB
                              ON
                              1700!!

sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS IWTB ON 1700

By Kidwizz

By JessM