Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gate Geek
    Welcome Back Mx!!

Wow you return, JG is back and we've got new whumpers. Sounds like a big family reunion.

Just because we need it!!!!

Spoiler:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*iz ded!!!!!!!!!!*

Mx
    sig by SheppyD
    Whumpydoodlesquee and Frenxies a Speciality

I'm not crazy - I just have another consciousness in my brain
    So he just looks crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
      Sorry! They're British exams that kids take at age 16, like our old 'O' levels. They do about 10+ usually in different subjects. English lang, English lit, french, Maths, chemistry etc... The pass is a grade C, though there are lower grades, up to an A*, which is the highest.
      That's wrong actually a C grade is the equivalent to an old O level or CSE grade 1 but a D isn't a failure at least that's what I keep telling myself about my Art GCSE, it's only been 14 years you'd think I'd have gotten over it by now.

Comment

Originally posted by McKayRocks!
        Thanks!!

Hello matey!!!

Are you ready for Saturday?!?!!?

Don't mention the results!! Em is all of a quiver about them - I think she has finally realised that her lack of revision may have a bearing on her grades! She doesn't want me go to school with her - she is going to text me her results and if I don't hear from her straight away I am to fear the worst!! She is then going to go round a friend's house with all her mates to either celebrate or commiserate!!

Mx
        That's nice! I'm sure she'll do brilliantly!
        Am I looking forward to Saturday? Am I ready and rearing to go? You bet I am! Just got to find my way to you first! Lol!
        I'm taking Jamie to school, as we have to drive there. So, I'll know when he gets back to the car! I've been through this with Sophie, for G.C.S.E.'s and her IB, so I'm an old hand. It's much worse than getting your own results though! So have some valium handy. Waiting is the worst thing!
        I'm so excited about Saturday!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Josie
          That's wrong actually a C grade is the equivalent to an old O level or CSE grade 1 but a D isn't a failure at least that's what I keep telling myself about my Art GCSE, it's only been 14 years you'd think I'd have gotten over it by now.
          No, you're quite right! Sorry about that, it's not a failure, but realistically employers count anything lower than a 'C' as not an equivelent 'O' level pass. Didn't explain that well, sorry!
          sigpic

Comment

Josie, i'm sure your friend will do wonderfully well! I tried to green you again for the gif, but as usual, the system won't let me!
            Don't worry Linzi I have greened her for us!!!!

You are a star Josie!!!

And I have 'O' Levels too!!! (Aged whumper that I am!! )To be honest I forget what the pass grades were on them!! My worst was a C in Biology!! Perhaps that is why I like the whump - am trying to improve my knowledge in this subject

Mx
            sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

Don't worry Linzi I have greened her for us!!!!

You are a star Josie!!!

And I have 'O' Levels too!!! (Aged whumper that I am!! )To be honest I forget what the pass grades were on them!! My worst was a C in Biology!! Perhaps that is why I like the whump - am trying to improve my knowledge in this subject

Mx
              Tee hee! When we meet DH in February, I'll tell him that's why you whump his character....
              sigpic

Comment

Tee hee! When we meet DH in February, I'll tell him that's why you whump his character....
                OMG - I keep forgetting that I am going to meet him!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't you dare tell him I am a whumper!!!!!!

He'll run a flipping mile and I want a piccie!!!!!

Mx
                sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

No, you're quite right! Sorry about that, it's not a failure, but realistically employers count anything lower than a 'C' as not an equivelent 'O' level pass. Didn't explain that well, sorry!

You know though I have never once been asked to prove my qualifications at a job interview. Okay like I said I only have a handful of GSCE's at B & C grades but no one cared.

Comment

General Certificate of Secondary Education

It's the exams we take when we leave school at sixteen.

The ones I have are rather mediocre grades.
                    Leaving school at 16????? Here in the states kids go to school until 17/18.
                    Of course those extra years don't seem to help too many get any smarter anyways...

Chatting with you, you seem quite smart to me (As do most of you BTW! - It's scary!). It must be that European education system!!

High School sucked for me. I actually did well in college with a 4.0 GPA until I took business math and got a 'B'. I quit after that. I couldn't take the failure and I haven't been back since.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mx
                      Don't worry, we'll whump him and THEN you can take a piccie, lol!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm fic. Um let me see SGAFan has been posting a brand new story, I'm sure Ali has posted something and maybe Lauriel and I'm sure there was someone else. Okay I'm not being much help here I'll just shut up.

Don't you dare shut up - you won't be able to write any more fic if you do!!! Thanks for letting me know this! I shall go and check it all out Is everything mentioned on ff.net?

Mx
                        sig by SheppyD

So he just looks crazy

Comment

yes whumping indeed... hold him down girls

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Of course those extra years don't seem to help too many get any smarter anyways...

Chatting with you, you seem quite smart to me (As do most of you BTW! - It's scary!). It must be that European education system!!

High School sucked for me. I actually did well in college with a 4.0 GPA until I took business math and got a 'B'. I quit after that. I couldn't take the failure and I haven't been back since.
                            Most kids go on to do 'A' levels at 17-18 these days. Not many kids leave school at 16 now. It was different a while back!
                            sigpic

Comment

Mx
                              OK, they'll him AFTER they take several million pics for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'd have done better at school if my health had been better. I'm bi-polar, I was diagnosed at 14 and pretty much left school there and then. I scraped through 6 GCSE's at 16 and then completed a year of A level study before having to quit. Since then I've got the first 60 points of an OU degree but I can't afford the fees to continue.

Hence me being stuck doing a job that a trained monkey would find tedious.

Comment

Working...
                                X