Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Josie
    Okay can I ask you guys a serious slightly OT question?

    Firstly let me just say that I'm not talking about anyone here. A couple of weeks back someone reposted some caps that I'm certain were mine, which is fine they're there to be snurched, but this person took credit and green for them. Is it wrong of me to be deeply annoyed by this? I don't want to come across as petty.
    No. I always make it a point to ask before I snurch someone's own caps, but I'm surprised someone would claim they're his/her own. That's really naughty. Saying that, someone did steal my siggie once and was using it round the forum!!!!!! So, perhaps I'm not so surprised. If it niggles you, you can always mark your caps with your name, or some sort of ID. I know a few who do that.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by SLC
      I am feeling that tonight we might get something! What do you think?
      Well I keep hoping! I'm getting pretty desperate now! I need the proverbial bone to be thrown here!
      sigpic

      Comment


        I'm still in work! Yargh!

        Off all day tomorrow on day trip to Amsterdam so been trying to make sure all relevant info for my campaign is left with right people and all clearly understandable. About done now though... just waiting for hubby to come pick me up...
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by Linzi
          No. I always make it a point to ask before I snurch someone's own caps, but I'm surprised someone would claim they're his/her own. That's really naughty. Saying that, someone did steal my siggie once and was using it round the forum!!!!!! So, perhaps I'm not so surprised. If it niggles you, you can always mark your caps with your name, or some sort of ID. I know a few who do that.

          Oh well, tis all in the past. I'm not going to stress over it anymore but it was annoying at the time. I'm more than happy for anyone to snurch any thing I post but I may just put a teensy little mark on them from now on.

          Anyway, where are those CG pics? Hmm?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Alipeeps
            I'm still in work! Yargh!

            Off all day tomorrow on day trip to Amsterdam so been trying to make sure all relevant info for my campaign is left with right people and all clearly understandable. About done now though... just waiting for hubby to come pick me up...

            Oh poor Ali you must be exhausted.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Josie
              Okay can I ask you guys a serious slightly OT question?

              Firstly let me just say that I'm not talking about anyone here. A couple of weeks back someone reposted some caps that I'm certain were mine, which is fine they're there to be snurched, but this person took credit and green for them. Is it wrong of me to be deeply annoyed by this? I don't want to come across as petty.
              Well, I've seen my caps all over (especially the cut out enhanced ones that I make, what can I say? I recognize my work, and a lot of times the file name! *G*) and frequently other people do get credit for them. I used to get annoyed, (capping, sorting enhancing etc, takes a LOT of time!) but realized that if I posted something publicly the chances of that happening are unavoidable.

              Now, I try to look at it as a compliment and smile when I see them posted in many different places on the Internet.

              ((HUGS)) Josie. I have no idea if any of that ramble was helpful or not, but, I do know how you feel
              sigpic
              My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

              Comment


                Originally posted by Josie
                Okay can I ask you guys a serious slightly OT question?

                Firstly let me just say that I'm not talking about anyone here. A couple of weeks back someone reposted some caps that I'm certain were mine, which is fine they're there to be snurched, but this person took credit and green for them. Is it wrong of me to be deeply annoyed by this? I don't want to come across as petty.

                Josie it is annoying when you have spent a great deal of time making caps and someone else posts them and takes credit for them. Maybe doing what Linzi suggested and putting your mark on them is the only way to go!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SGAFan
                  Well, I've seen my caps all over (especially the cut out enhanced ones that I make, what can I say? I recognize my work, and a lot of times the file name! *G*) and frequently other people do get credit for them. I used to get annoyed, (capping, sorting enhancing etc, takes a LOT of time!) but realized that if I posted something publicly the chances of that happening are unavoidable.

                  Now, I try to look at it as a compliment and smile when I see them posted in many different places on the Internet.

                  ((HUGS)) Josie. I have no idea if any of that ramble was helpful or not, but, I do know how you feel
                  That must be annoying! But, yours are very distinctive, so even if people say they're theirs we know they're really yours, lol! There's no danger of it happening to me, coz I don't know how to cap!!!!!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by SLC
                    Hi Josie!!!!!

                    I have just read David Hewlett's Blog here and wondering what the
                    Spoiler:
                    I really think that you are going to get a kick out of what we've been up to up here in Atlantis...although I have to tell you all...there have been some pretty shocking developments on the story front...and some huge changes on the horizon...I can say no more...but be warned!
                    means. I have a feeling that maybe
                    Spoiler:
                    a main character will die in Sunday.......anyone else have any thoughts/suggestions
                    probably a load of nothing!
                    I'm thinking he's probably meaning more along the lines of
                    Spoiler:
                    shocking as in things like what happens to Sheppy in CG and big changes in that season 3 is supposed to be moving away from the Wraith as the main enemy and focusing on the Asurans. Maybe? Would they even have started filming Sunday yet... it's a good while off yet in the 2nd half of the season isn't it....
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Alipeeps
                      I'm still in work! Yargh!

                      Off all day tomorrow on day trip to Amsterdam so been trying to make sure all relevant info for my campaign is left with right people and all clearly understandable. About done now though... just waiting for hubby to come pick me up...
                      Poor you! You've been working so hard recently! Amsterdam sounds good though. Maybe you could get some whump ideas from your trip? Maybe someone will get sick, trip over, or get attacked by an evil space vampire? Ok, I think maybe I should walk quietly away now. I'm a little over excited today, I think. Where's my meds? lol!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Alipeeps
                        I'm thinking he's probably meaning more along the lines of
                        Spoiler:
                        shocking as in things like what happens to Sheppy in CG and big changes in that season 3 is supposed to be moving away from the Wraith as the main enemy and focusing on the Asurans. Maybe? Would they even have started filming Sunday yet... it's a good while off yet in the 2nd half of the season isn't it....
                        I thought they'd filmed Sunday already. Am I wrong? Well, aren't I usually?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Linzi
                          Poor you! You've been working so hard recently! Amsterdam sounds good though. Maybe you could get some whump ideas from your trip? Maybe someone will get sick, trip over, or get attacked by an evil space vampire? Ok, I think maybe I should walk quietly away now. I'm a little over excited today, I think. Where's my meds? lol!
                          I'm seriously considering taking a notebook and pen with me and just finding a nice little cafe, sitting down and chilling out all day and writing fic! I'm too tired to be interested in sightseeing, too skint to go shopping so a coffee some writing sounds ace.

                          Oops. Gotta go home. Might be back later. Byee!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SGAFan
                            Well, I've seen my caps all over (especially the cut out enhanced ones that I make, what can I say? I recognize my work, and a lot of times the file name! *G*) and frequently other people do get credit for them. I used to get annoyed, (capping, sorting enhancing etc, takes a LOT of time!) but realized that if I posted something publicly the chances of that happening are unavoidable.

                            Now, I try to look at it as a compliment and smile when I see them posted in many different places on the Internet.

                            ((HUGS)) Josie. I have no idea if any of that ramble was helpful or not, but, I do know how you feel
                            I know what you're saying and I don't want to come across as petty about it but as you said sometimes it can be very time consuming. I'll just bung a little mark on them as Linzi suggests, just aslong as no one here thinks I'm being odd.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Josie
                              I know what you're saying and I don't want to come across as petty about it but as you said sometimes it can be very time consuming. I'll just bung a little mark on them as Linzi suggests, just aslong as no one here thinks I'm being odd.
                              Well, no more odd than the rest of us...
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Linzi
                                Well, no more odd than the rest of us...

                                It's our oddness that makes us so lovable!

                                Now back to the whump. I've not had time to catch up on all the threads today - too time consuming on this computer with this connection - any news about anything? Bam Bam dropped any new tidbits? No?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X