Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merentha
    Conversion is messing with the face too much if you ask me
    Yeah... but I can deal with it as long as TPTB only do it once.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
      Yeah... but I can deal with it as long as TPTB only do it once.
      Yeah, and we get a good post-whump infirmary scene out of it...and a proper one this time, none of this getting better in the last 30 seconds of the episode like 38 Minutes...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
        Yeah, and we get a good post-whump infirmary scene out of it...and a proper one this time, none of this getting better in the last 30 seconds of the episode like 38 Minutes...
        That was the one single thing I disliked about "Thirty Eight Minutes": the infirmary scene was far too short. I wouldn't have changed it, though, since that would have meant less time for actual whump.

Whoa... 300 posts... I didn't think I'd been here that long...

Comment

That was the one single thing I disliked about "Thirty Eight Minutes": the infirmary scene was far too short. I wouldn't have changed it, though, since that would have meant less time for actual whump.

Whoa... 300 posts... I didn't think I'd been here that long...
          Recovery is an important part of whump...so Shep can live to see another whumping...

Congrats on 300!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by Merentha
            Conversion is messing with the face too much if you ask me
            Yeah, I'm not too big a fan of the cute hot guys playing with the prosthetics!
            sigpic
            Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              Recovery is an important part of whump...so Shep can live to see another whumping...

Congrats on 300!
              Thank you!

You're absolutely right about that... although I've watched enough SG-1 to know that death isn't necessarily permanent on Stargate (cough*Daniel*cough)! But that gets old after a while:
              Spoiler:
              The movie – first time; interesting and dramatic. "The Nox" – totally unnecessary. They didn't all have to die. "2010" – OK, it heightened the drama, and the timeline got erased. "Meridian" – again? but an excellent send-off. "Moebius, Pt. 2": Forgiveable because it was alternate-timeline-Daniel, but still, five times? Why? and by the time we get to "Reckoning, Pt. 2", it's just, "You gotta be kidding me!"
              Once is good, twice is a stretch, more than that is just ridiculous. We need to see some recovery! Don't tell me the doctors on the shows are that incompetent, because they're not!

Besides, Shep looks so good in scrubs...

Anyway, it's ten of one in the morning, so please excuse my only semi-coherent babblings...

Comment

Originally posted by Salty
                Those pics are great!! And Shep finally in uniform!

The potential whumping in the next handful of eps BETTER be of the blood kind! Enough of this emotional angst - I want blood and bruising!
                Me too Salty. I'm gonna be so disappointed if we don't get some nice blood, and Infirmary scenes. Heads off to whump la la land in her sad, deranged mind.......
                sigpic

Comment

Definitely!

I've been a Star Trek fan for a good sixteen years, and that sort of thing happens a lot... for example, I was just watching the DS9 ep
                  Spoiler:
                  "Distant Voices" (the one where Bashir, my favorite character and the cutest guy in all of Trek, ages from 30 to 100+)
                  this morning, so I've had my fill of messed-up faces for a while.

BTW, the spoilers are really for "Conversion", because the DS9 ep is somewhat similar.

Added several minutes later: Wow... 16 years of Trekkie-ness... I really am a geek...
                  Tell me about it..... you ain't the only one sweetie! (My hubby regularly calls me a geek, but I'm quite proud of it really. Besides he watches all the sci fi I do, and Shep is his favourite character too. Actually sometimes I swear he thinks he is Shep!, Oh I wish....)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Did up an angsty story for "Trinity" at

URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2550274/1/

called "Blinded by Science," from Shep's point of view on what Rodney did. Ack, sorry, no blood spilled, just angst

Also have much larger ones on FFnet too, at
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/u/685199/
                    Thanks Prion. I really enjoyed that. It reads as if it could actually have come from the episode! I've read all of your others before, and often re-read Day Trip and The Defiant One tag! Most satisfying reading!
                    I also take what the delightful Mr. M. says with a pinch of salt,he likes to lead us on and confuse us!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi
                      Tell me about it..... you ain't the only one sweetie! (My hubby regularly calls me a geek, but I'm quite proud of it really. Besides he watches all the sci fi I do, and Shep is his favourite character too. Actually sometimes I swear he thinks he is Shep!, Oh I wish....)
                      Yep....I've been a Trekkie to...and an X-Filesie! Now I'm a Lost-ie and an Atlantis-ie....but mainly a Sheppie!!

It's nice your hubby likes Shep to! What's he do to make him think he's Shep then?!! At least he's trying!

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                        Yep....I've been a Trekkie to...and an X-Filesie! Now I'm a Lost-ie and an Atlantis-ie....but mainly a Sheppie!!

It's nice your hubby likes Shep to! What's he do to make him think he's Shep then?!! At least he's trying!

Oh we had this conversation a while back where hubby said I'm intolerant and a know-it-all like McKay, so I said and I suppose you're Shep are you?, to which he said yep! Well actually hubby is dark haired,slim,yet muscular,keeps his feelings to himself and is very sporty as well as being modestly intelligent,(he can be a real pain in the a*** though!).He looks like Jf in his early years,but not so much now.
                        He's always moaning when he watches T.V. that actors running around and doing stunts don't move well,aren't well co-ordinated etc.,but he thinks JF does those things well, so he probably admires JF athletic capability. Something I admire as well. Hubby doesn't even mind that I drool over Shep, I think he's quite amused!
                        If he knew how obsessed I was with whump he'd probably be very worried for his own safety though......
                        sigpic

Comment

Hubby doesn't even mind that I drool over Shep, I think he's quite amused!
                          Wow! What a guy!

If he knew how obsessed I was with whump he'd probably be very worried for his own safety though......
                          Hee hee! Yeah...better not mention that!

Comment

Yeah, that's some of us write fanfic, to fill in those missing gaps!

Comment

Thanks Prion. I really enjoyed that. It reads as if it could actually have come from the episode! I've read all of your others before, and often re-read Day Trip and The Defiant One tag! Most satisfying reading!
                              I also take what the delightful Mr. M. says with a pinch of salt,he likes to lead us on and confuse us!
                              Thanks

I'm waiting for the day when JM says we see a furling on the screen, and we all wait in anticipation, and a cat (aka a furry thing) walks by in the background...

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                                Yeah, that's some of us write fanfic, to fill in those missing gaps!
                                Unfortunately (or fortunately... ) my infirmary scenes usually end up turning into more whumping. "Plague", for example, picks up where "Thirty Eight Minutes" leaves off, there's major whump, and Shep never even leaves the infirmary.

Comment

Working...
                                X