Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Slash/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladysarah
    Well yeah, everyone loves the sex. But I'm sure the Teyla/Sheppard fans love the sex too.
    Well as I said I never venture into those threads here so I wouldn't know what they talk about!
    And it's not just about the fanfiction, it's about those moments in the episode where we can squee and go 'OMG, did you see that, OMG, they are soooo doing it during commercials, and OMG Sheppard is hitting on another intergalactic...err witch, how dare he'.
    Oh yes and we have discussed the eps and the slashy moments and the "why would he do that???" *usually meaning why would Sheppard be flirting/sleeping with women* I say it is because he is covering for his blatant homosexuality by cunningly be as straight as can be... He is military after all and they have that silly 'Don't ask..." thing.

But Rodney is good for him, because Rodney will tell him off, and scream at him, and it's all good. Not necessarily a happy, happy relationship, but there is lots of happy tension.
    Tension is good, not all and flowers is good too, I mean with Rodney in the relationship it can hardly be smooth sailing can it? And the banter and rolling of eyes make it fun. Never a dull moment.

I can do serious. OK, let's start,, couple of topics. 'Inferno' what the hell was that about? Rodney finally gets a blonde chick who's into him, and then Sheppard is hitting on her, what does this mean? And what's with Sheppard slapping Rodney in the field, bullying in the workplace, or a bit of friendly motivation?
    1. Inferno: Sheppard was jealous *of her* and also obviously covering *again* for his blatant homosexuality by flirting with her anyway.

2. Slapping Rodney: Sheppard craves his touch and if he can't get it he instigates it the only way he can *by slapping Rodney on the leg* we clearly see this in "Instinct" he is desperate to touch Rodney but Ronon is there so he slaps him in the head instead.

And finally, Sheppard and McKay, are they really friends? Why doesn't McKay ever use Sheppard first name?
    Hmm, serious hey?

Well a few pages back we did discuss this, yes they are friends John even calls him *buddy* but again "don't ask..." means they have to be circumspect with their emotional attachment to one and other and it just wouldn't sit well with the other military types for John to be more *friendly* to McKay in public. McKay understands this and besides McKay isn't the type to show his softer emotions.

As far as McKay not using John's name; I say McKay gets off on calling him Colonel, it may be a Carter related thing, she was still a Major when McKay *thought* he wanted her, then she becomes a Colonel, he may be projecting some of his feelings for Carter into his relationship with John, also McKay craves to be dominated and well using titles like that makes it so much easier for him to feel it... Either that or he is playing some kind of game with Sheppard we don't know about, or another reason may have to do with the amount of time McKay has spent around the military both US and Russian. It may just be second nature for him to use titles. I could be wrong but did he ever use Ford's first name? ( he may have in Runner)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      As far as McKay not using John's name; I say McKay gets off on calling him Colonel, it may be a Carter related thing, she was still a Major when McKay *thought* he wanted her, then she becomes a Colonel, he may be projecting some of his feelings for Carter into his relationship with John, also McKay craves to be dominated and well using titles like that makes it so much easier for him to feel it... Either that or he is playing some kind of game with Sheppard we don't know about, or another reason may have to do with the amount of time McKay has spent around the military both US and Russian. It may just be second nature for him to use titles. I could be wrong but did he ever use Ford's first name? ( he may have in Runner)
      OK, I know this one. Or maybe, they still haven't gotten together yet, because of denial, and fear, and the military and a million and one things, but there is undeniable tension.

So, to keep his distance, so it's never becomes *real* Rodney never calls John by his first name, because if he did, then it would be real, and he would have to act on it, and that would be a very frightening thing.

So, the day Rodney call Sheppard by his first name, is the day we know they have taken the plunge.

Or your theory works well too.
      ----
      There is something extraordinarily delightful in getting intensely
      serious about something intrinsically silly.

Comment

OK, I know this one. Or maybe, they still haven't gotten together yet, because of denial, and fear, and the military and a million and one things, but there is undeniable tension.

So, to keep his distance, so it's never becomes *real* Rodney never calls John by his first name, because if he did, then it would be real, and he would have to act on it, and that would be a very frightening thing.

So, the day Rodney call Sheppard by his first name, is the day we know they have taken the plunge.
        Haha! Well it works for me so when are you writing the fic? I'll be long gone before he does that on the show! You do know SG-1 has been on for 10 years? I can't wait that long! Just waiting 3 more weeks for the new series is killing me.

Comment

Haha! Well it works for me so when are you writing the fic? I'll be long gone before he does that on the show! You do know SG-1 has been on for 10 years? I can't wait that long! Just waiting 3 more weeks for the new series is killing me.
          The thought if SGA going for ten seasons actually scares me. I love that shows get to go for a decent amount of time, but usually they start to flop around the 5-7 season mark, and I hate to see a good show go bad.

I want shows to go out on a high note.

But we may yet see Rodney call Sheppard by his first name sometime in the next two seasons, who knows? It's more bloody likely then a bunch of other things I would love to see
          ----

Comment

The thought if SGA going for ten seasons actually scares me. I love that shows get to go for a decent amount of time, but usually they start to flop around the 5-7 season mark, and I hate to see a good show go bad.
            Well despite my previous words I am getting to the point already of thinking SGA is going bad, hope not, really hope not but come on guys give us some of the nice *precious* character moments already.

It's more bloody likely then a bunch of other things I would love to see
            I may want to see some of the same things but I can't see it ever working on this show with these writers/directors/producers. Not to mention the silly 'jokey' stuff we got over that hot small kiss in "Duet"

Comment

Nice to see some discussion in here!

Haha! You get green for that! I sprayed the mouthful of coke I was swallowing over my monitor when I read that!
              Oh, really I actually didn’t intend to let it sound that funny

I don't know Rodney is not the hugging kind; as seen in Hot Zone when Ford tried to hug him he looked really awkward and uncomfortable and although John has been hugged by Weir, and he seemed OK in the end with the head touching thing that Teyla does, he still strikes me as not the kind of guy that would readily hug someone. He may, has and I think would, reciprocate a hug but then that would mean Rodney would have to initiate the hug...
              You’re right, they are both not very hug-friendly, I can’t really imagine one of them hugging the other one to the ground and saying ‘Oh hon, I’m so glad you’re back’. They’re more kind of ‘Why did it take you so long to come home?’

Maybe in the spur of the moment they could hug, and then they get embarrassed afterwards; that could work for me.
              Maybe they run into one another accidentally after they haven’t seen themselves for months and instead of getting up again they stay on the ground, hugging… or something like that.

Btw, I love including hugs in my McShep fics When they hug (if they would hug) it’s not just a hug, it would be more, something very personal. I don’t know. However.

And finally, Sheppard and McKay, are they really friends? Why doesn't McKay ever use Sheppard first name?
              I think they’re accustomed to this. And somehow they have kind of a distance between them. I think even if they were a couple, they perhaps would still call themselves “McKay” and so on on missions.

And, btw, in the French version McKay calls Sheppard “John” twice – Somebody posted this with a sound file on Livejournal, I can look for the link if you want

Originally posted by Willow’sCat
              I could be wrong but did he ever use Ford's first name? ( he may have in Runner)
              I’m not sure. I remember Teyla saying „Aiden“, but I don’t know when this was. I think John probably always called him „Ford“.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarym1
                I think I rec'ed this a few pages back but just in case here it is again.

http://www.kekkai.org/synecdochic/sga/index.html

My fave fic is "FREEDOM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE" Sad and quite moving. Made me all teary eyed.
                Fanfic links like this is why I love venturing into the character and/or ship specific threads because here's where you can find the good stuff. I've had the misfortune of reading too many John/Rodney fics that turn one of them into the "girl". I even hate it when het fic turns the woman into the "girl" and one reason why I turn to slash is to get away from that so it annoys me when I find this tendency in slash too. Thank goodness for threads like this because they give me enough hope to weed through the not-so-good fics to get to the good stuff.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Well despite my previous words I am getting to the point already of thinking SGA is going bad, hope not, really hope not but come on guys give us some of the nice *precious* character moments already.
                  I agree, but in my experience every show has at least one bad season in the early years, so I'm giving that to Season 2, and it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

But another year like that or worst. Guh. That wouldn't be my favourite no.

And I don't really like how the main characters are playing with ethics.
                  ----

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                    I even hate it when het fic turns the woman into the "girl" and one reason why I turn to slash is to get away from that so it annoys me when I find this tendency in slash too. Thank goodness for threads like this because they give me enough hope to weed through the not-so-good fics to get to the good stuff.
                    I know, I was reading a story with Teyla in it the other day and I was like, dude, she's not that girly, really. Please, make it stop.
                    ----

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                      Hey, there isn't a Jack/Thor thread, and there is fic out there for that one
                      I wish I could find some some more of these, preferably of the NC-17 level.
                      and would be cool

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
                        Fanfic links like this is why I love venturing into the character and/or ship specific threads because here's where you can find the good stuff. I've had the misfortune of reading too many John/Rodney fics that turn one of them into the "girl". I even hate it when het fic turns the woman into the "girl" and one reason why I turn to slash is to get away from that so it annoys me when I find this tendency in slash too.
                        Hate hate hate that! Beckett gets it the worse in slash fics I find; but Rodney comes a close second in some McKay/Sheppard ones, not sure if it is just bad writing and lack of understanding the character, Mary Sue'in *which is just eeK! worthy* or deliberate because they don't like Rodney I mean it does happens with John but not to the same extent but yes I have read some with a 'fem' John in the past.

As I said I don't mind romance in my fics but why that should mean one has to be 'fem' is beyond me. Seems like a very het way of looking at the world, maybe they need to read some 'real' slash by homosexual writers. I think they should visit Whispered words I can't direct link as it is not a PG site, Google it!...but in the links section they have some really interesting links to articles and slash related items and writers resources.

I wish I could remember what it was called, but there was a site I found where a gay guy answers questions by slash writers, he was very informative and although it was sex related *a lot* he also talked about relationships... can't find it, not that I could have directly linked to it anyway. He did say, in his experience that most gay guys don't like to get fluffy toys or flowers! Something about gay guys not being women!

Comment

I think they should visit Whispered words I can't direct link as it is not a PG site, Google it!...but in the links section they have some really interesting links to articles and slash related items and writers resources.

I wish I could remember what it was called, but there was a site I found where a gay guy answers questions by slash writers, he was very informative and although it was sex related *a lot* he also talked about relationships... can't find it, not that I could have directly linked to it anyway. He did say, in his experience that most gay guys don't like to get fluffy toys or flowers! Something about gay guys not being women!
                          Thanks for the tips, will definitely be Googling for that one. Agree with what you say about slash fic. While I read a fair amount and enjoy it, and many writers have the characterisations down to a t, it's rare to come across one that rings true in the man on man sex / relationship department.
                          sigpic
                          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

it is just me or does anyone else think that in the episode "38 minutes", it's really slashy when rodney's going off on one and John just stares at him and shout, "Don't talk to me about screwed!"

Yup! Probably just me then!

love kady

and 4eva!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kady
                              it is just me or does anyone else think that in the episode "38 minutes", it's really slashy when rodney's going off on one and John just stares at him and shout, "Don't talk to me about screwed!"

Yup! Probably just me then!

l
                              Nope. Actually, '30 Minutes' is the episode where I think Rodney first fell in love with Sheppard. Or realised that he was in love with Sheppard, he looked so very worried when they were trying to revive him at the end.
                              ----

Comment

Nope. Actually, '30 Minutes' is the episode where I think Rodney first fell in love with Sheppard. Or realised that he was in love with Sheppard, he looked so very worried when they were trying to revive him at the end.
                                I'm Soooo glad that i'm not the only one!!

Also i found it somehow slashy in, "Hide and Seek" when Shepy-babes throws mackay off the balcony then later grins about shooting him!! is that weird? anyone?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X