Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
    [COLOR=magenta]
    Name your top five John & Teyla scenes/moments/whatever and explain why you like them and what makes them so special to you. the only stipulation is that your five explinations of the five scene/moments MUST BE at least 50 words each (five scenes/moments, fifty words apiece)

Have at it ladies!
    Here I told you I would do it. Each one has more than 50 words. I thought it would make it even better with pics included.

Favourite John and Teyla scenes:

1) The cave scene from “Rising” – I love this scene because I think it represents the moment that began it all. The moment they both really felt something for each other. For me it’s a special scene because, for about 4 years now I have been a huge Clana (Clark and Lana) fan and in the last season it ended, and for the longest time I looked for something to replace it. I found it in John and Teyla; I found that love and wonder that Clark and Lana had. The look she gives John after he puts her necklace on is......I can't even describe it.

2) The scene in the infirmary at the end of the episode “The Ark” – This scene is another one of my favourites because it really shows the love that they both have for each other. Him saying the line “It’s not the reason I did it,” and her response, “I know”. The look they both give each other......it’s magical in my opinion. This scene is special one to me also because it inspired me to write my current fanfic “I Thought I Had Lost You.”

3) The kiss in “Conversion” – It’s one of my top favourites because even though technically John wasn’t himself; he still got to show his feelings to her. It always reminds me of an episode of Smallville, in the episode Clark loses all of his inhibitions and ends up expressing his feelings to Lana. I always see this episode like that, John lost his inhibitions, and just went for it. Without anything holding him back he did what he’s wanted to do for so long. And she responded in a way that completely says she feels the same. The little smile at the end, I think she enjoyed it.

4) The JT scene in “The Long Goodbye” – When John/Thelan says those magical words: “He cares for you more than you know”, I love that line. Her reaction kills me because she has the toughest choice to make in that moment. The choice between killing the man she loves to save the expedition or save him and kill a lot of the expedition. I also love the part when she has made her choice, the tears in her eyes when she says, “Sorry John”, it kills me to watch her suffer. Poor Teyla.

5) It would have to be the JT scene on the Daedalus in “Sateda” – I just love that scene when John is explaining why he’s going after Ronon the way he is. I especially love the part when he touches her hand at the end. Awe, just a wonderful moment for them. Even in moments when it’s not about them, they still show their feelings in such the smallest way.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
    My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      JT Advent Calender, dates claimed so far:

1. Tey
      3. Camy
      7. Camy
      10. me
      11. SGAFirenity
      15. Beth Soprono
      16. SGAFirenity
      18. me
      24. Laura
      Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Anything you want to make (just don't say what it is Then each day is a suprise )
      Ok, I was going to ask, but now you've thoroughly confused me.

And Tey, I've only really got 3 favorites moments. Lots of others I like, but only three. Let me decide on the other two for a minute.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        Ok, I was going to ask, but now you've thoroughly confused me.

And Tey, I've only really got 3 favorites moments. Lots of others I like, but only three. Let me decide on the other two for a minute.
        For the advent calendar, you choose the days you want and for that day you make whatever you want whether it be art, or a fanfic, etc.

Just don't say what you're going to do. It's supposed to be a surprise. It's like those chocolate calendars you can buy. You never know what you're going to get. It makes it funner (I know, 'funner' isn't a word but I like it better) not knowing what the next day will bring.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
          For the advent calendar, you choose the days you want and for that day you make whatever you want whether it be art, or a fanfic, etc.

Just don't say what you're going to do. It's supposed to be a surprise. It's like those chocolate calendars you can buy. You never know what you're going to get. It makes it funner (I know, 'funner' isn't a word but I like it better) not knowing what the next day will bring.
          Now, see? I was kinda expecting a calendar. A prettified pic for December 1. . . etc. Never expected fics to enter the equation.
          sigpic

Comment

Now, see? I was kinda expecting a calendar. A prettified pic for December 1. . . etc. Never expected fics to enter the equation.
            I can't do actual art art, but I CAN do fanfics in fact I have a fanfic in mind, right now I'm calling it Snow.

Comment

Not everyone can do art, if it's open for anything then anybody who wants to take part, can
              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Comment

I'm thinking of it like a present a day. I think it should be fun. I hope you join.

Comment

Cazz, can I have the 4th? It needs to be a day I can remember. All the others I can remember are taken.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cazz, can I have the 4th? It needs to be a day I can remember. All the others I can remember are taken.
                      Sure

Comment

Name your top five John & Teyla scenes/moments/whatever and explain why you like them and what makes them so special to you. the only stipulation is that your five explinations of the five scene/moments MUST BE at least 50 words each (five scenes/moments, fifty words apiece)

Have at it ladies!

Okay, this is hard because all the scene with john and teyla or that have anything remotely to do with john and teyla, I LOVE!!!

But here goes....

1. The Ark Infirmary Scene: I love the Ark, period. The entire episode was about the sacrifice that John was willing to make for the one person but he was unwilling to make it for an entire race that he didn't know. For Teyla, he was willing to give up his life, for the slightest chance that she may make it and so it is without a doubt my favorite episode ever! It had some great lines, and some wonderful moments for all the characters and that bit with John saving Teyla...*sighs* LOVES IT! But that infirmary scene was just delightful....I mean what could be more perfect than this dialogue...

SHEPPARD (to Teyla): It doesn’t break my heart.

TEYLA: He only did what you or I would have done.

SHEPPARD: Are you kidding?! He held you hostage and almost got both of us killed.

TEYLA: He tried to save his people -- and he succeeded, through you.

SHEPPARD: That’s not the reason I did it.

(Teyla smiles at him.)

2. Baby bump touch Quarantine: Here it's not so much the dialogue but the expressions, meaning and struggle in that scene and that entire time between the two of them together. Teyla was clearly worried about her child and what her role would be in the team after the fact. John was extremely understanding and encouraging to her, but not until the last minutes before he left starting with that baby bump touch did Teyla had to see just how much John means what he says when he told her he would take care of her child. John not only is willing to die for her but now with her unborn child, he's unconsciously committed to him as well. And that thought not only comforts Teyla but it also confused her. She knows that the father is not John and yet, in every direction he's going above and beyond his call to her and she knows. She has to know.

3. Dream Sequence Search and Rescue: Even though this was a dream sequence, it was a real confession in John's mind. He wants to spend time with Teyla. He dreams of her and him together. He is so respectful to her even in his dreams that it just makes me love the man even more. To add to that scene is the last scene in the episode where Teyla confirms with her own words what he dreamt of.....which to me only means that both of them feel very much the same way for one another.

4. First Contact Control Room Scene: I really like this scene although short because in the first ones it showed John's feelings. Teyla has clearly shown her feelings for John as well and this is a perfect example. She's showing her that she was only thinking of John. She knew her son would be safe wherever he was with Kanaan and at that moment she only wanted to be with John. The thought of anything happening to him and her not being there for him was simply unacceptable to her and the only way she left was because John pleaded for her to leave even after he made her think of Torren. Again, the connection, the sacrifice they are both willing to make for one another is mutual. This was not about her risking her life for John, this was about her wanting to be there with him regardless of the consequences.

4. Doopleganger Hug: Once again, this was a scene that was simple yet powerful in the sense that it was mutual. She came to him just as he was coming to her. They were both in bed, quarantine and yet, they had to seek one another. She could have gone to Ronon or to Keller, but she came to John. And there were no words for her just like he wasn't going to share any words with her, it was just that initial contact that she needed from him and him alone. But both went to seek out the other in times of trouble. He thought of her and she could only find comfort in him.

5. This is a three-parter Sateda/Conversion/TLG=This one a draw. Again, for me, these three scenes were about John expressing his inner feelings. In Sateda he spelled them out for her in the best way he knew how without saying too much. For me, the fact that he mentioned her first and then Elizabeth and then Ronon and Carson and Rodney, is significant. Conversion, that kiss came out of his pent up passion and desire for her. Early on in his search for his feelings for her, there is no doubt that he desire Teyla, passionately. In TLG, Thalen read John's mind and upon seeing that Teyla was or might get hurt or make a decision regarding his life, John showed Thalen only a brief glimpse of how deeply he felt for Teyla.

I wouldn't call these my favorite scenes because again, John and Teyla are simply my favorite, but for me, these are the ones that mark a pivotal stage in their relationship and something significant that verifies just how deeply these two care for and feel for one another.

There are way too many others to share.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post

Have at it ladies!

Okay, this is hard because all the scene with john and teyla or that have anything remotely to do with john and teyla, I LOVE!!!

But here goes....

1. The Ark Infirmary Scene: I love the Ark, period. The entire episode was about the sacrifice that John was willing to make for the one person but he was unwilling to make it for an entire race that he didn't know. For Teyla, he was willing to give up his life, for the slightest chance that she may make it and so it is without a doubt my favorite episode ever! It had some great lines, and some wonderful moments for all the characters and that bit with John saving Teyla...*sighs* LOVES IT! But that infirmary scene was just delightful....I mean what could be more perfect than this dialogue...

SHEPPARD (to Teyla): It doesn’t break my heart.

TEYLA: He only did what you or I would have done.

SHEPPARD: Are you kidding?! He held you hostage and almost got both of us killed.

TEYLA: He tried to save his people -- and he succeeded, through you.

SHEPPARD: That’s not the reason I did it.

(Teyla smiles at him.)

2. Baby bump touch Quarantine: Here it's not so much the dialogue but the expressions, meaning and struggle in that scene and that entire time between the two of them together. Teyla was clearly worried about her child and what her role would be in the team after the fact. John was extremely understanding and encouraging to her, but not until the last minutes before he left starting with that baby bump touch did Teyla had to see just how much John means what he says when he told her he would take care of her child. John not only is willing to die for her but now with her unborn child, he's unconsciously committed to him as well. And that thought not only comforts Teyla but it also confused her. She knows that the father is not John and yet, in every direction he's going above and beyond his call to her and she knows. She has to know.

3. Dream Sequence Search and Rescue: Even though this was a dream sequence, it was a real confession in John's mind. He wants to spend time with Teyla. He dreams of her and him together. He is so respectful to her even in his dreams that it just makes me love the man even more. To add to that scene is the last scene in the episode where Teyla confirms with her own words what he dreamt of.....which to me only means that both of them feel very much the same way for one another.

4. First Contact Control Room Scene: I really like this scene although short because in the first ones it showed John's feelings. Teyla has clearly shown her feelings for John as well and this is a perfect example. She's showing her that she was only thinking of John. She knew her son would be safe wherever he was with Kanaan and at that moment she only wanted to be with John. The thought of anything happening to him and her not being there for him was simply unacceptable to her and the only way she left was because John pleaded for her to leave even after he made her think of Torren. Again, the connection, the sacrifice they are both willing to make for one another is mutual. This was not about her risking her life for John, this was about her wanting to be there with him regardless of the consequences.

4. Doopleganger Hug: Once again, this was a scene that was simple yet powerful in the sense that it was mutual. She came to him just as he was coming to her. They were both in bed, quarantine and yet, they had to seek one another. She could have gone to Ronon or to Keller, but she came to John. And there were no words for her just like he wasn't going to share any words with her, it was just that initial contact that she needed from him and him alone. But both went to seek out the other in times of trouble. He thought of her and she could only find comfort in him.

5. This is a three-parter Sateda/Conversion/TLG=This one a draw. Again, for me, these three scenes were about John expressing his inner feelings. In Sateda he spelled them out for her in the best way he knew how without saying too much. For me, the fact that he mentioned her first and then Elizabeth and then Ronon and Carson and Rodney, is significant. Conversion, that kiss came out of his pent up passion and desire for her. Early on in his search for his feelings for her, there is no doubt that he desire Teyla, passionately. In TLG, Thalen read John's mind and upon seeing that Teyla was or might get hurt or make a decision regarding his life, John showed Thalen only a brief glimpse of how deeply he felt for Teyla.

I wouldn't call these my favorite scenes because again, John and Teyla are simply my favorite, but for me, these are the ones that mark a pivotal stage in their relationship and something significant that verifies just how deeply these two care for and feel for one another.

There are way too many others to share.
                          Wow, I think yours is better than mine. Very insightful. I do agree with you though, I had the toughest time trying to pick just 5 moments because there are SO many that are amazing. I did as you did and picked the ones that really showed whst they are feeling.

Comment

Hey guys,
                            OT (Kind of)

Spoiler:

I have started a new thread for all SJ shippers (Sam/Jack) and JT (us) shippers. AKA those who ship both.
                            The Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill and John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagon Ships Thread
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey guys did you know this:

OT:
                              Spoiler:
                              Rachel Luttrell has a Facebook now. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...9.981917024..1 I got the link from her Webpage.

Comment

Cazz...I can take the 5, 12, and 19th...Yeah...that should be good. LOL
                                sigpic
                                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X