Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cazz,

Spoiler:
    Would you be able to make me a banner for the secret santa? I would do it myself but a) you're way better at it than me and b) my ps still no workie
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      I don't think it was to soon for JT to get together, but it would have been out of the blue having a baby. However, they could have easily given it some build up so that it wasn't out of the blue. Anything would have been less out the blue tham kanaan though! The took the easy option.
      I would agree with you Cazz, but at the same time I think if they did it for Kanaan why not for Sheppard? In other words, as much as I don't like the idea of John and Teyla not been careful in their little rendevouz that got her pregnant, it would have made much more sense for Teyla to get pregnant with John and have that be a surprise than Teyla with a guy we don't know and that clearly she has no love for...when has Teyla admitted anything for this man besides respect and friendship?

So, I do get what you are stating but the writers screwed it up with Kanaan moreso than if John had been the father. just my opinion, of course.
      sigpic

Comment

Details below:
        http://community.livejournal.com/sga_beya/173348.html
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          Cazz,

Spoiler:
          Would you be able to make me a banner for the secret santa? I would do it myself but a) you're way better at it than me and b) my ps still no workie
          Spoiler:
          Aye Will make it tomorrow. What's up with your PS?

OT for SGU ratings:
          Spoiler:
          "The drop off in SGU ratings is perhaps not quite as alarming as White Collar dropping from 5.075 million down to below four million, but there have been consecutive weekly drops for Stargate Universe and Friday it was down to 1.626 million viewers (live+SD). A week earlier it averaged 1.974 so that’s still almost an 18% drop week over week…"
          http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/09...only-one/33088
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Thanks for that update Cazzie.

Wouldn't it be nice if they changed their minds and decided to bring SGA back along with SGU, then I would definitely consider watching.

Hey, a little bribing goes a long way sometimes.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
              Well it was suggested that they have have John as the father but they decided against it..not sure whether at this stage they had already planned to give McKay his happy ever after with Keller, so they couldnt take the limelight off that relationhship... they got cold feet when it came to having John as the father and therefore we got the out of nowhere Kanaan crap..

I know some feel that it was too soon to have John and Teyla get together but I disagree.. they had been displaying their feelings for three years so to me the fact they had actually slept together was not a stretch....I hated how immaturely relationships were handled on SGA.. like it was taboo for the main characters to hook up (though that rule got broken for their fav character)... John and Teyla had enough of a build up IMO for it to be believable that they had taken their relationship to the next step... but yet the writers were in the dark ages when it came to that sort of thing... but they have gone totally the other way in SGU.. defending the Scott and Chloe sex encounter even though they only knew each other for 2 episodes...

John being the father could have brought so much more to both their characters and I always felt that the best moments between John and Teyla were the interpersonal ones.. we actually got to see what was behind their facades and it made their characters more interesting and endearing...to me anyway... I wouldnt have minded Teyla being taken off the team while she was pregnant... it's not like she could participate in their mission anyway.. and can you imagine the angst the Michael storyline would have produced..and John's reaction to him putting Teyla and his child in danger.. oh the missed opportunities.... its a sad state of affairs when the actors couldnt believe that their characters relationship was ended with a guy out of nowhere.. but the writers went for the boring and plodding route.. Kanaan...and the rest is history..

SGU OT...I just found this site...

Spoiler:
              http://www.sgusucks.com/

I did vote for SGA as being my fav show though...
              Blue, I"m with you on this one. I totally get what Cazzie is saying, though. And my preference, I always wrote it, is that the pregnancy should have been some supernatural thing. That would have been and has always been my first choice. I even wrote something similar about it!

My fic, A Series of Unfortunate Events.

This way, John and Teyla's relationship could have continued to progress and they could have even made Teyla's darker side come out and actually give her more screen time and some actual decent story plots than the one they decided to go with...Oh, I screwed up and now I have to stay with the father of my child but in reality, the man I love is John.

*sighs* don't get me started with that one, please!
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Aye Will make it tomorrow. What's up with your PS?

IE8. Or, at least, I assume it was IE8, lol.

*cackles evilly at SGU news*

Comment

Welcome to the John & Teyla Thread Secret Santa

If you would like to participate please fill out the form below and post it as a comment here at my livejournal.

Spoiler:

Name:

WHAT YOU WILL DO
                  What you can make: fic/art
                  What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                  What category Angst, fluff, etc

WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE
                  What would you like?: fic/art
                  What rating?: G, PG, PG-15, R, NC-17
                  What category: Angst, fluff, etc
                  What is a big no-no?:
                  FOUR prompt words:

Prompts must be in by MIDNIGHT, SATURDAY 21st NOVEMBER
                  Otherwise it will be a lump of coal for you!

Gifts must be ready to be give out by 23:59 (GMT) SUNDAY 20th DECEMBER
                  Details for where to post your gift will be given out nearer the time.

RULES FOR GIFTS
                  Spoiler:

ART RULES
                  1. If making icons, it must be a batch of at least five
                  2. If making a set, must include icon, sig and a banner for livejournal or a wallpaper
                  3. Sigs must be less than 50k so the recipient can use them on gateworld if they choose

FIC RULES
                  1. All fictions must be of at least 1000 words (you are not limited to 1000 but that is the least you can do)
                  2. Must adhere to the specifications of the prompt.
                  3. You do not have to incorporate ALL of the prompt words, but must include at least two.

Have fun!
                  Last edited by gater101; 10 November 2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                    Do you remember which commentary it was? I'm curious.

--------

Hey ruby, I have to just say I LOVE YOUR FANFICS. I've read so many of them it's crazy.
                    Aww, thank you! That's really sweet of you. My SGA fanfic has been kind of put on the backburner... which is annoying to me, because I have lots of stories that I really want to finish, especially Guardian and Sleep Study. Actually, I had a look at Sleep Study today, and I swear to god I don't remember writing the last two chapters - it was like reading a story someone else had written, lol! I'm rewatching SGA now though so if the muse descends I will definitely write something... But thanks again. (and hello!)
                    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      Haha, I try

I'm sure it was Kindred part one

EDIT:

RUBY! hellooooo! *HUGS*
                      Heeeeeey!! ((HUGS BACK))

Possibly going, not for certain but hopefully I hadn't written a word of my dissertation by January! (which turned out to be a good thing as I changed my tutor and topic )

Sowry... wish you could have been there!

Have you seen the con reports from the LA con last weekend? And there were a couple a few weeks ago. And one with RL and JF at a month or two ago that has the whole panels on youtube that are hilarious!
                      It's okay... I was sooooo depressed at the time though - stupid immune system. I probably won't have started my dissertation then either, but I should probably be living in the library rather than going to conventions...

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                      I would agree with you Cazz, but at the same time I think if they did it for Kanaan why not for Sheppard? In other words, as much as I don't like the idea of John and Teyla not been careful in their little rendevouz that got her pregnant, it would have made much more sense for Teyla to get pregnant with John and have that be a surprise than Teyla with a guy we don't know and that clearly she has no love for...when has Teyla admitted anything for this man besides respect and friendship?

So, I do get what you are stating but the writers screwed it up with Kanaan moreso than if John had been the father. just my opinion, of course.
                      I don't think anyone here is going to disagree with that opinion... Or they could have made John the father through non-conventional means -ie some kind freak technological accident or foul play by Michael... both of which I've written stories about, but let's leave that aside Seriously, if they'd really wanted to, they could have made John the father. They're just scared of romantic relationships between two main characters on stargate... and it's a shame. The same thing happened on SG1 - whenever anything happened between Jack/Sam or Daniel/Vala, it was always reset at the end of the episode through time travel or alternate realities or whatever.

The writers are pansies.
                      sigpic

Comment

Speaking of Teyla's pregnacy, us wanting John to be the father... I watched Ghost in the Machine a couple nights ago, and this is a conversation between Teyla and Elizabeth (Fran) with a few little ad-ins from me.

Ghost in the Machine. The way it should have happened.

Spoiler:
                        FRAN/WEIR: A child?! Oh, Teyla!

(She stands up in delight. The guards instantly raise their guns and cock them. Teyla holds out a placating hand to them.)

FRAN/WEIR: I'm so happy for you.

(She sits down again and the guards lower their weapons.)

FRAN/WEIR: Is it a boy or a ...?

TEYLA: A boy.

FRAN/WEIR: What's his name?

TEYLA: Torren John Emmagan.

FRAN/WEIR: Torren for your father, and John -- Colonel Sheppard.

TEYLA: Yes.

FRAN/WEIR: Wait. You're not saying John Sheppard is ...

TEYLA: No. No.

(John walks into the room. Says something, and leaves. Teyla leans towards Fran, and whispers something to her.)

TEYLA: I will tell you the truth, Col. Sheppard is the father. I haven't had the courage to tell him. So I made up the story about Kanaan and me, and I got him to play along. You must not tell a soul. John could be court martialed, and I would have to resign my duty as a member of his team.

FRAN: Does that mean you love him?

(Teyla leans in closer)

TEYLA: (long pause) Yes. (Long pause) but as I said before. You cannot tell anyone.

FRAN: OK, I won't, promise.

Ahh, if only...

I agree that Kanaan was VERY, VERY,

Spoiler:
                        VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY,

Sudden, and somewhat unnecessary.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
                          Heeeeeey!! ((HUGS BACK))

It's okay... I was sooooo depressed at the time though - stupid immune system. I probably won't have started my dissertation then either, but I should probably be living in the library rather than going to conventions...

I don't think anyone here is going to disagree with that opinion... Or they could have made John the father through non-conventional means -ie some kind freak technological accident or foul play by Michael... both of which I've written stories about, but let's leave that aside Seriously, if they'd really wanted to, they could have made John the father. They're just scared of romantic relationships between two main characters on stargate... and it's a shame. The same thing happened on SG1 - whenever anything happened between Jack/Sam or Daniel/Vala, it was always reset at the end of the episode through time travel or alternate realities or whatever.

The writers are pansies.
                          What's a bit annoying is that at least the Sam/Jack shippers had more years into their relationship and they got much further with it that we did and second, that now in SGU they are breaking all the rules from what I read and a bit too much from what I've read too.

And there's no hope for fixing this either. That upsets me even more!

I MISS your Fics Ruby!!! I hope you come back to us soon!
                          sigpic

Comment

Can anybody think of a scene with Weir and Carter in together? I need a cap of the two of them.
                            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie_Jackson View Post
                              Speaking of Teyla's pregnacy, us wanting John to be the father... I watched Ghost in the Machine a couple nights ago, and this is a conversation between Teyla and Elizabeth (Fran) with a few little ad-ins from me.

Ghost in the Machine. The way it should have happened.

Spoiler:
                              FRAN/WEIR: A child?! Oh, Teyla!

(She stands up in delight. The guards instantly raise their guns and cock them. Teyla holds out a placating hand to them.)

FRAN/WEIR: I'm so happy for you.

(She sits down again and the guards lower their weapons.)

FRAN/WEIR: Is it a boy or a ...?

TEYLA: A boy.

FRAN/WEIR: What's his name?

TEYLA: Torren John Emmagan.

FRAN/WEIR: Torren for your father, and John -- Colonel Sheppard.

TEYLA: Yes.

FRAN/WEIR: Wait. You're not saying John Sheppard is ...

TEYLA: No. No.

(John walks into the room. Says something, and leaves. Teyla leans towards Fran, and whispers something to her.)

TEYLA: I will tell you the truth, Col. Sheppard is the father. I haven't had the courage to tell him. So I made up the story about Kanaan and me, and I got him to play along. You must not tell a soul. John could be court martialed, and I would have to resign my duty as a member of his team.

FRAN: Does that mean you love him?

(Teyla leans in closer)

TEYLA: (long pause) Yes. (Long pause) but as I said before. You cannot tell anyone.

FRAN: OK, I won't, promise.

Ahh, if only...

I agree that Kanaan was VERY, VERY,

Spoiler:
                              VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY,

Sudden, and somewhat unnecessary.
                              Lol, if only indeed!

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                              What's a bit annoying is that at least the Sam/Jack shippers had more years into their relationship and they got much further with it that we did and second, that now in SGU they are breaking all the rules from what I read and a bit too much from what I've read too.

And there's no hope for fixing this either. That upsets me even more!

I MISS your Fics Ruby!!! I hope you come back to us soon!
                              That's true, at least with SG1 we had 10 seasons and two movies!

I haven't watched any of SGU yet, because I have a download limit in halls and already watch way too much online! I plan to watch it all (or start to, anyway) when I'm home for xmas. I've heard very mixed things about it - some of my friends love it, other are kind of 'bleugh' about it. I basically want to watch it for Robert Carlyle, and for the fact that I love and miss Stargate... I was an SG1 fan years before SGA started, and I miss both shows. So I'm gonna give it a try. The thing is though they've changed the entire feel of SGU - it's not so much about the dynamic of the main team, like SG1 and SGA.

I still hold onto the hope that it's not too late to fix - like I said I don't think it would happen suddenly, but if we get a movie or two I still think they could break them up/kill of Kanaan, and have her and John get closer. We'll just have to wait and see. If SGU tanks (and the ratings don't look promising, do they?) maybe they'll turn their attention to the movies.

Re fics - I am trying to write, but it's difficult. I'm not feeling inspired atm, because there are no new spoilers/speculation etc to feed me
                              sigpic

Comment

Can anybody think of a scene with Weir and Carter in together? I need a cap of the two of them.
                                None in Atlantis, but SG1 season 8 episode 1 must have a scene or two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X