John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello...

Okay, so I was lurking yesterday for about 30 seconds, and both Sci and the-artist-formerly-known-as-Camy messaged me about it, so I figured I should probably come and say hello properly. And yes, MrsB, I am still alive!

I was having a really stressful day yesterday, and Sci messaged me on facebook and all of a sudden I was missing you all so much! Well, not really that sudden tbh, but yeah, here I am.

Anyway, I had a lot of work to do last night, so instead I went back and started watching Atlantis from the beginning. I haven't watched SGA since the show ended, and I haven't watched Rising for at least two years, so I just sat back and let it wash over me... and I have to say, HOW can anybody not ship John and Teyla? SERIOUSLY? It's just so, so, sooo obvious that that's what the plan was at the beginning - from the very first episode they establish them as the canon couple-to-be. Then, of course, TPTB didn't move quick enough and then real life got in the way with Rachel's pregnancy... boy did they handle that badly!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really annoyed me when I was awwwing over how cute their first meeting was, and knowing what would actually happen with them.

Sigh. Ah well, it was still fun to watch. Mostly.

Sooo... there's no way I'm going to go back and read the eleventy-thousand pages I've missed, so could you guys catch me up? Any new developments? IMDB seems to indicate the film is now going ahead - is that right? Any new fics I have to read?

((HUGS))

Btw am now watching 38 Minutes - it never actually struck me before that they probably chose that time for how long a wormhole could remain open because it fits nicely into an episode. How canny.
    sigpic

Thanks to YappiChick for the lovely sig

Comment

uhm.... OT note here OT~~
      Spoiler:
      I for one am enjoying SGU; personally it is the only show worth watching other then food network (which makes me want to go out and buy a fast food place) CNN/HLN news networks (which gets me explaining of politics daily). other then the classic SG1 and SGA that reair on either Fox network or Syfy cbhannel personally SGU is now the only reason (aside from classic episodes) that I watch any tv if I watch it at all. its been about almost a month since I really sat down and watch anything ohter then Best of Red Skelton show on HBOA. I like SGU so far as it is giving me something to do and personally, its worth it.

I'll shut up now and asked this question next

WHO WANTS TO BE IN MY NANOWRIMO NOVEL?!?
      Spoiler:
      IF you want to be in my nanowrimo novel please list the name you would like to have for your character, their age, what they look like and gender, thanks.

List of names already taken (along eith their race)
      Teyla (Drow)
      Mynthira (Drow)
      Ahaz (half-elf)
      Gen (Ancient)
      James (Human)
      Andrew (Human)
      Julia (Human)
      Richard (Human)
      Gramir (Human)
      Nirza (Drow)
      Tordek (Dwarf)
      Philip (Human)
      Zelda (Faerie)
      Fispar (Elf)

We have spots open for three more people

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by ruby_caspar View Post
        Hello...

Okay, so I was lurking yesterday for about 30 seconds, and both Sci and the-artist-formerly-known-as-Camy messaged me about it, so I figured I should probably come and say hello properly. And yes, MrsB, I am still alive!
        I love it!!! Maybe Camy needs a symbol to represent her.
        RUBY!!! **HUGGLES**

I was having a really stressful day yesterday, and Sci messaged me on facebook and all of a sudden I was missing you all so much! Well, not really that sudden tbh, but yeah, here I am.

Anyway, I had a lot of work to do last night, so instead I went back and started watching Atlantis from the beginning. I haven't watched SGA since the show ended, and I haven't watched Rising for at least two years, so I just sat back and let it wash over me... and I have to say, HOW can anybody not ship John and Teyla? SERIOUSLY? It's just so, so, sooo obvious that that's what the plan was at the beginning - from the very first episode they establish them as the canon couple-to-be. Then, of course, TPTB didn't move quick enough and then real life got in the way with Rachel's pregnancy... boy did they handle that badly!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but it really annoyed me when I was awwwing over how cute their first meeting was, and knowing what would actually happen with them.

Sigh. Ah well, it was still fun to watch. Mostly.

Sooo... there's no way I'm going to go back and read the eleventy-thousand pages I've missed, so could you guys catch me up? Any new developments? IMDB seems to indicate the film is now going ahead - is that right? Any new fics I have to read?

((HUGS))

Btw am now watching 38 Minutes - it never actually struck me before that they probably chose that time for how long a wormhole could remain open because it fits nicely into an episode. How canny.
        Hey hun. I'm so glad you came to visit and sorry for your stressful day.

Well, as far as we know the move is still on the self, that includes SG-1's movie.

Joe and Rachel wished they could've had season 6 and revisited JT again.

Cazz and Laura got us started on a VS6. 4th ep should be on their LJ Friday and they are also on FF.net.

I'm trying to think what else has been going on..... drawing a blank.

Comment

RUBY!!!! I missed you!!!!

RL has been kickin' most of our butts lately! But, Laura is getting a Secret Santa started...I think someone could easily write a 1k story for someone *hint hint* I suckered poor Lea to write a Big Bang story so there are a couple of long stories coming out soon...and the VS.

**giant hugs**

And if you decide to leave again...just remember, we'll find you and drag you back in here. ROFL
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Can't post links right but just incase Ruby's gone by the time i get home from work... Hiya Rubes!! Did you know DH is gonna be at Chevron 7.4 in jan?
            What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              Can't post links right but just incase Ruby's gone by the time i get home from work... Hiya Rubes!! Did you know DH is gonna be at Chevron 7.4 in jan?
              Hiya!

Is he? Hmm... I don't think I'll have the time to go, as I'll be right in the middle of the first of my scheduled dissertation freak-outs, but I do love DH... I have met him before though. Are you going?

And hi!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                Also, the sig of you guys at the Chevron con last year makes me sad I want to cry!!!

Still, very nice.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  RUBY!!!! I missed you!!!!

RL has been kickin' most of our butts lately! But, Laura is getting a Secret Santa started...I think someone could easily write a 1k story for someone *hint hint* I suckered poor Lea to write a Big Bang story so there are a couple of long stories coming out soon...and the VS.

**giant hugs**

And if you decide to leave again...just remember, we'll find you and drag you back in here. ROFL
                  Hey hun - I missed you too! I'm gonna try and stick around this time; but like you say, RL's a kicker. I read the first 'episode' of the VS and loved it, I'll have to find some time to read the rest - NOT TONIGHT!! What's this Big Bang thing? I hear that, I think the TV show, lol! I'm already signed up for two Secret Santas, but my December is currently (mostly) free, so I'm in!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                    I love it!!! Maybe Camy needs a symbol to represent her.
                    RUBY!!! **HUGGLES**

Hey hun. I'm so glad you came to visit and sorry for your stressful day.

Well, as far as we know the move is still on the self, that includes SG-1's movie.

Joe and Rachel wished they could've had season 6 and revisited JT again.

Cazz and Laura got us started on a VS6. 4th ep should be on their LJ Friday and they are also on FF.net.

I'm trying to think what else has been going on..... drawing a blank.
                    See, that makes me feel really sad - especially since they're now talking about it. Joe and Rachel were always pretty coy when it came to talking about John/Teyla as a couple, but now it's over they're free to say what they want and it's obvious that it's something they wanted for the characters... and we all know it would have been awesome! Well, I'm still hoping for a movie - I don't think that they'd kill of Kanaan at the start and get them together by the end, but it would be nice to see some kind of better resolution for them. It really was just so badly done.

Thanks for the links... and cheering me up yesterday! ((HUGS))
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      I'm prepping for Christmas again... If you would like to receive a Christmas card from me this year, leave a comment here at my livejournal with your name and address. All comments are screened
                      DUDE, you beat me this year...
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                        They talked about this on one of the commentaries, did thy not? One of the writers (Gero, maybe?) said they were going to make it John but someone (BW, just cause I hates him now anyway) veto-ed it. Said something about it causing too much of an uproar?

I dunno. I just think the writers... copped out. With so many things.
                        Do you remember which commentary it was? I'm curious.

--------

Hey ruby, I have to just say I LOVE YOUR FANFICS. I've read so many of them it's crazy.
                        Last edited by SGAFirenity; 10 November 2009, 09:02 AM.

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                        My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
                          I'm not sure which one, but I know JM mentioned it a couple of times in his blog o' doom, LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            DUDE, you beat me this year...
                            Haha, I try
                            Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post

I'm sure it was Kindred part one

EDIT:

RUBY! hellooooo! *HUGS*
                            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Melbourne Armageddon Convention 2009 Reports

Joe Flanigan Panel Videos

Spoiler:
                              Videos in better quality and a more close up shot of the panel. Also part 3 is longer the the other link that was up due to the other person's camera dying. So enjoy

Part 1:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSzIlm6QMzU

Part 2:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjk_ePbeqk0

Part 3:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBFrLNvUuY

Convention video

Just a little funny video where Joe gives the guys on stage a real tackle hug *lol*
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oziqtLjbos

Convention Pics

Spoiler:
                              A link from the Armageddon thread with a funny pic of Joe, have no idea what in the world he is doing *lol*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1145

More pics added
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1198

Pic of the so called tackle hug *lol*
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=147340

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

New Zealand Armageddon Convention 2009 Reports

Convention Pics

Spoiler:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=10741703&postcount=247362

http://twitpic.com/mpbu3

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ention%202009/

Convention Videos

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

L.A Convention 2009 Pics

http://crysothemis.livejournal.com/116935.html

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=148340

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=854

*NEW* *NEW* *NEW*

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=148435

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=148454

L.A Convention 2009 Reports

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=148343 (Just a tiny thing that happened to this fan when she was leaving)

http://syble4.livejournal.com/140401.html#cutid1

http://crysothemis.livejournal.com/117142.html?#cutid1
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Hiya!

Is he? Hmm... I don't think I'll have the time to go, as I'll be right in the middle of the first of my scheduled dissertation freak-outs, but I do love DH... I have met him before though. Are you going?

And hi!
                                Possibly going, not for certain but hopefully I hadn't written a word of my dissertation by January! (which turned out to be a good thing as I changed my tutor and topic )

Also, the sig of you guys at the Chevron con last year makes me sad I want to cry!!!

Still, very nice.
                                Sowry... wish you could have been there!

Have you seen the con reports from the LA con last weekend? And there were a couple a few weeks ago. And one with RL and JF at a month or two ago that has the whole panels on youtube that are hilarious!
                                What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X