John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
    *lol* Lucky you... I've never gotten a chance to meet Rachel yet...
    Rachel is so sweet. She really is great ;D
    don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Laura...how much time would we have with the prompts? If there is at least two weeks between prompt release and due date, then I'm in.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I would love to meet her...she seems just so nice...
        Joe is just awesome... such a great guy
        Rachel is incredibly nice Nina and stunningly beautiful... more so than on screen... she was so down to earth and friendly when I met her at Chicago and was lucky enough to have drinks with her... both her and Joe are so disappointed with all the missed opportunities on SGA and loved working with each other.. they are such close friends and while we were talking to her Joe phoned her but she missed the call... she had phoned him on stage as well and he missed her call.. so it was quite funny..

I loved the story where she crept up behind him at the Chicago con and planted a kiss on his cheek and he turned around and picked her up and swung her around.. awww !!
        sigpic

Comment

Completely OT but it made me laugh...
          Spoiler:
          guess BW and the lot can't stand negative things said about their baby SGEwwww *lol* frankly they need to get pulled down and hard...but I love how this reviewer stood up for the people who are negative
          http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....rse-syfy-.html
          Just read that..

Spoiler:
          love the review just sums up my feelings...these guys never cease to amaze me though.. one thing with JM going after fans on his blog but BW publicly attacking a critic because she said she didnt like SGU...
          Last edited by bluealien; 08 November 2009, 10:59 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFirenity View Post
            Kanaan was an odd character, he was there for like two episodes and then *poof* he was gone. Very pointless. They should have just written John as the father. It's nice to know that the actors felt the same about the whole situation. Now we know that we weren't just imagining that there was something between John and Teyla.
            Yes it is and both Joe and Rachel were very much for a JT relationship but as Joe said he wasnt a writer and by then had pretty much given up trying to put anything forward as he was always ignored... They both felt Kanaan came out of nowhere and they played John as being jealous because thats how they felt it should be played as there were definite feelings between them...but as Joe said the writers werent really all that interested in writing for women and as soon as they found out Rachel was pregnant they came up with the stupid Kanaan thing... but neither thought it would last.. and that JT would get back together.... Joe said at Armageddon that he would have loved to see JT being revisited... and other than Teyla his character didnt have any other love interest... He was asked about Larrin and was pretty non comittal about her as well which I was surprised about...

He didnt buy into the solitary man thing though and was a bit peeved that he was "alone" at the last scene on the balcony.... I like how he mustered in beside Teyla though... well that really was his rightful place if he considered the Kanaan thing to be a cover..
            sigpic

Comment

OT NEWS!!!! OT~~
              Spoiler:
              Just wanted to pop in here and let everyone know a friend of mine here on gateworld known as Eragon, is under evac notice for his area due to a C5 Hurricane heading towards his state (Florida). He pmed us on his gaming list to let us know he was disappearing for atime. I just wanted to let everyonew know that he needs prayers for safety
              *gets off her barrel she was yelling from*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                OT NEWS!!!! OT~~
                Spoiler:
                Just wanted to pop in here and let everyone know a friend of mine here on gateworld known as Eragon, is under evac notice for his area due to a C5 Hurricane heading towards his state (Florida). He pmed us on his gaming list to let us know he was disappearing for atime. I just wanted to let everyonew know that he needs prayers for safety
                *gets off her barrel she was yelling from*
                Ok hun. Will do.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  Laura...how much time would we have with the prompts? If there is at least two weeks between prompt release and due date, then I'm in.
                  I would try and get them in for sometime next week then release them at the end.

So... I take it secret santa is on? LOL
                  don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Thanks Nina for posting the article.

Maybe they need to get the hint that some of the writers aren't as good as they think they are and they need to get woman's POV as well. Things were lacking the last 2 years of SGA and even SG-1. Change dynamics, show titles and hiring big name actors is not going to change it.

And when it comes to JT. That's another thing I wish they would get the hint about. The actors want it and of course, we want it. Since when does that doesn't matter???

Ok. Gotta try to get back in writing mode. I have 6K left on BigBang, then need to do some editting on Ep5. I haven't touched it all weekend. Both boys are home now. Brian has the fever now and Alex still had his yesterday, so he had to stay home today too. *sigh*

Great wallie SGAFirenity.

Comment

I didn't know both Joe and Rachel had assumed John would be the father!

And, yeah that surprises me about Larrin too Blue, considering the Joe pushed for her to be in more. Maybe is just got disgruntled with how it played out (like most things in SGA )

Truly is a fabulous article Nina! Never ceases to amaze me how arrogant BW can be Cudos to the author for remaining civil, articulate and fair.
                      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

The only thing I have to add to the BW comment is that if he wasn't so worried, he wouldn't have replied. He does need to change his tactics and like Lea wrote, he should take the heed advice of the fans. I realize that they will never cater to fans and I don't expect them to either, but there's something to be said about a group of fans that has been faithful to this franchise not to mention DAMNIT that we are the ones that put each one of them up there to begin with!!!!

*turns off mike and heads off to cook for the Jeylitos*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          I didn't know both Joe and Rachel had assumed John would be the father!

And, yeah that surprises me about Larrin too Blue, considering the Joe pushed for her to be in more. Maybe is just got disgruntled with how it played out (like most things in SGA )

Truly is a fabulous article Nina! Never ceases to amaze me how arrogant BW can be Cudos to the author for remaining civil, articulate and fair.
                          I think Joe thought that Larrin would be a hit with the male fan based, He sort of missed the female fan based.

I have no problem with another character for John so long as she fits his character, isn't charmed or swayed by his looks, and can put him in his place when he needs to be without having to flash her boobs or *ss in the process to get him to pay attention to her.

Teyla wasn't charmed by his looks upon first glance. She turned them down immediately for what she knew they represented by Sumner's little speech. But when John stepped forward and identified himself and paid respect and attention to her, she knew this man was different, pure and real. She could see right through him and not just that, there was no seeing right through him, John is who he is and I love that about the man! He's not perfect, he's no saint, he has his issues and his troubles, but Teyla saw the man behind all that and knows of his true potential. Not to mention the man is FREAKING HOT!

Larrin was just there to use John in all ways.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Rachel is incredibly nice Nina and stunningly beautiful... more so than on screen... she was so down to earth and friendly when I met her at Chicago and was lucky enough to have drinks with her... both her and Joe are so disappointed with all the missed opportunities on SGA and loved working with each other.. they are such close friends and while we were talking to her Joe phoned her but she missed the call... she had phoned him on stage as well and he missed her call.. so it was quite funny..

I loved the story where she crept up behind him at the Chicago con and planted a kiss on his cheek and he turned around and picked her up and swung her around.. awww !!
                            I met her and I loved her. She was too sweet and too down to earth. She was instantly driven by the fans and I was just mesmerized by her kindness and friendly aura.

Plus, the woman is just beautiful!

I hope to meet Joe someday. *goes off to dreamland*
                            sigpic

Comment

LA con reports:

From Syble in whump thread:
                              http://syble4.livejournal.com/140401.html

Some silly pics of Joe:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=854

Con report with lots of awesome pics!
                              http://crysothemis.livejournal.com/1...25942#t5025942

Teaser of pics:

*dies*
                              What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                LA con reports:

From Syble in whump thread:
                                http://syble4.livejournal.com/140401.html

Some silly pics of Joe:
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=854

Con report with lots of awesome pics!
                                http://crysothemis.livejournal.com/1...25942#t5025942

Teaser of pics:

*dies*
                                Thanks Cazz!!!!

Intentional repost. That pic is Awesome.

Great POVs everyone on BW and CT article.

RUBY!! I SEE RUBY LURKING!!! **TACKLE HUGS**

Comment

Working...
                                X