John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    I'm slowly letting it go. Tptb have depressed me enough and I've gotten to a numb point. I was getting my hopes up everytime we heard something good and not it's nice, but not that exciting to hear anymore. Especially coming from certain producers.
    JF confirmed in his interview that they are basing a big part of delay on the DVD sales. Just like that informant had said that BW said the same thing and JoeM denied. What little respect they had by me is gone.

<snip>
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!!!! *hugs thread*

I feel like I've been here FOREVER!!! I will miss my name though. It was me. It was unique. But whatever.

Any who, thank you!

I was going to go with hotchickymomma, but like I mentioned in another thread, it was too long!

Lea, I feel for Joe and the rest of the cast. For what they've done to them and continue to do to them and us, really.

The fact that Joe has stated that they feel that anything that has Stargate in it will be watch by us says just how little and/or no respect they have for us.

I am not going to say anything against those of you who do watch SGU. That's not right. I, like you, have opted to do the same. I fell deeply, too much, for SGA. NEVER have I and I will NEVER again commit to a show as I have for this one. And that has everything to do with the actors of the show.

Which is why as much as I know that the movie won't support my ship and won't give justice to my favorite character Teyla, the fact that Rachel and Joe and the others want to do this movie and are so passionate about these characters, makes me put my pride aside and see and support anything SGA. Beyond that, there's nothing more to say.

Like you, TPTB have insulted me, my friends, my fandom, my favorite characters and the actors that I love and therefore, I may be a minority but I'm not supporting anything that they do until they do what they promised us that they would do. MAKE THE MOVIE!

With that, it's sad because I strongly believe that most of the fans have no clue what is going on and what the truth is and therefore, the show is doing well. I really thought that we would get the movie if the show did well, and the only thing that it's proving, like a friend of mine commented, is that they made the right decision by canning SGA.
    That is just TERRIBLE in my book.

And so, I"m hurt for the actors, I'm hurt for the fans because it's not right.

But you are right..there's no point in dwelling on this any longer. Doing these novels is really a slap to the fans and an insult to the actors and i do hope they correct this.

*hugs*
    sigpic

Comment

Alright! Here a Fic Rec for y'all!

It's been a while!

Feelings by tripwatcher2
      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4326842/1/Feelings

Read it! You'll like it! You know you will!

It's hilarious! Though, it is rated M. So, be forwarned!

Happy Reading!

Thanks Camilita (sorry, can't call ya 'Jeylalita!') for suggesting the John and Teyla search. No, I haven't located the fic I mentioned. But, found out that there are over 655 JT fics on ffnet! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! That so Rocks! I really didn't realize that there were so many!

That's alot of JT LOVE!
      1-800-Iluv-JandT
      sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Camy? You do know that SGU isn't doing very well don't you? The ratings are half of what SGA got in it's first season and it's been critised all over the place. Even the people I know on here who thought the premiere was alright have now stopped watching through boredom.
        What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
          Camy? You do know that SGU isn't doing very well don't you? The ratings are half of what SGA got in it's first season and it's been critised all over the place. Even the people I know on here who thought the premiere was alright have now stopped watching through boredom.
          I think I read something about that too. It made me feel a little better. Heeehee. I noticed that last week on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson that Robert Carlyle was on his show. Now, that really chaps me, due to the fact, that in the whole 5 years that SGA was on. They stuck JF on that terrible Chelsea Lately show. That's just so wrong!

But, I'm so glad that at the Armgeddon Con that JF said that he wanted to revisit the JT relationship. SQUEEEEE!
          1-800-Iluv-JandT
          sig by Sci!

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post

Speak for yourself
            You love my crazy. You even invited my crazy to join you on a trip!
            You tell her San! *kicks laura too for watching those vids* I may not scan in the exclusive twilight mag cover and articles i got over the weekend!
            *cackles*

twilight? Wassat?

*kicks Cazz*

Get time off work and come up here round bout November 10.
            Didn't you tore it apart immediately and flown it into the bin? You are too nice Cazz, too nice
            She has an Edward door poster up in her room. She's a closet Twi-Fan
            don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

dance1.jpg

I feel it, feel it, feel it, feel it, feel it, MOVING!
              1-800-Iluv-JandT
              sig by Sci!

Comment

Blue! Hope you had fun

Nina, not sure what to think of that.. Novels are good, fanfic is good, but not as an official substitute

Joe's panel on Sunday in three parts:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dF_B7feRHI
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFwSebpjxFU
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCvvQW6GChA
                T4P the vids- once this is posted, I'm gonna watch them. (I wanna watch the tackle one, but my computer is screwing with itself, so I'll have to watch these first)

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                Two more con reports from the Armageddon Convention

http://rilestar.livejournal.com/187535.html

http://lovinjackson.livejournal.com/48173.html

And a funny little video of Joe giving the guys a tackle hug..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oziqtLjbos

Will compile together a link post little later for the different con reports and vids that shows up..
                OOoooooooo! Tackle vid!
                T4P- been waiting for this one!

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                Loving all the con reports!!! Thanks everyone for the info.

Welcome Val!!

I watched Broken Ties last night with the commentary..I just had to hear Jason again say the Teyla and John belong together. Love it when he calls Teyla a "princess"!
                Oh yes, BT commentary is one of the best in the first half of the season. (S&R & BT Comms are the only ones I've really enjoyed- TQ is close behind).
                Somehow I'm disappointed that there's not as many cast members doing the ACs this time round. The best ones are when the cast do them!
                Jason was hilarious! I don't think he honestly paused for breath at all during half of it!

Isn't it? Huh.
                I saw the premiere, & then couldn't be stuffed downloading Air pt 3. I know it's on SciFi Aus right now (getting mild reviews in the guide I have) but I don't have Pay TV.
                I MAY give it another shot when it comes to free to air......though knowing the channel that has had SG1 & Atlantis in the past, I doubt we'll see it until at least 2011. [they still owe us S4&5 of Atlantis!!!!!!! This is about the time a Wraith would come in handy- or at least their life-sucking abilities..........]

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Fly by post...I'm locked in the world of writing-fic-no-time-for-boards, LOL...Quick questions...In Phantoms, were we ever told what happened to John before he tried to rescue his buddy? Did his helicopter get shot down? Was he in the helicopter with his buddy?

*hoping someone can help ol' blondie here*
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    Get time off work and come up here round bout November 10.
                    I'm busy that week avoiding cinemas

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                    She has an Edward door poster up in her room. She's a closet Twi-Fan
                    He scares me to sleep every night Shouldn't that be Twihard-Fan? (*hopes that she remembered the terminology correctly )

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      Fly by post...I'm locked in the world of writing-fic-no-time-for-boards, LOL...Quick questions...In Phantoms, were we ever told what happened to John before he tried to rescue his buddy? Did his helicopter get shot down? Was he in the helicopter with his buddy?

*hoping someone can help ol' blondie here*
                      Don't think Holland was in the helicopter, I think he was shot down when he went to rescue him

Comment

Don't think Holland was in the helicopter, I think he was shot down when he went to rescue him

Thanks!
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Welcome to the thread Val!! I think you're the youngest GW'er I've met.

Cool, but not the youngest Sheyla fan I've met, my little sis is 10 and she is the biggest Atlantis fan, she is the one who got me hooked on Sheyla!
                          Last edited by Valerie_Jackson; 19 October 2009, 07:43 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Val, all you have to do is ask Any eps/scenes that you would like?
                            Hmm, any good episode in s5? (I haven't seen that, yet...) My sis says that Quarintine is a great one. Like I said, I haven't seen many episodes.

Maybe something with "True love never fails." or "Meant to be." will work???
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                              Two more con reports from the Armageddon Convention

http://rilestar.livejournal.com/187535.html

http://lovinjackson.livejournal.com/48173.html

And a funny little video of Joe giving the guys a tackle hug..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oziqtLjbos

Will compile together a link post little later for the different con reports and vids that shows up..
                              I've never seen a tacklehug that animated. Paul was right.

Twilight- Me no likey Edward. He stared at me for a semester, totaly creepy. Then on top of all that, I start cryin' over Cedric Diggory. *sniffles, starts crying*
                              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                                I'm going to start my SGA rewatch soon so I'll have to watch out for that.
                                I hadn't seen it for a while, but Jason is great on it.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                                Hi *waves at the pretty thread*

I'm Jeyla4ever and I'd like to state why I love John and Teyla.

First of all, who wouldn't love these two. The chemistry, friendship, trust, loyalty and respect is truly beautiful and so real. It occurred the first time they met and has only gotten stronger. They've been through hell and back and fight alongside one another like hot and cold, like sugar and spice, like peanut butter and jelly!

I was not impress with the character of John Sheppard until I met Teyla and saw them interact together. I was impressed by this woman's soulful spirit, wisdom, strength and beauty all tied together in this leader that has suffered so much. She intrigued me from the start and to me, she brought John Sheppard to life, gave him a purpose and defined in him the role that he was to take for the next five years and beyond.

I fell in love with the man through Teyla's eyes. And although she's been through some pretty rough patches and they've both hurt one another unintentionally, you see them at their best when they are at their worst, and yet they wouldn't have it any other way for Teyla left her people because and only because she trusted John Sheppard. And John left his world and went up against his superiors because by her side is the only place he wants to be.

Now, where's my welcoming Calvary!!?
                                Welcome Jeyla4ever!! You remind me of someone I used to know! ITA with you. I thought John was cute and funny in the beginning.. His innocence attracted me in S1. Teyla gave him life and vice versa. They have so much chemistry together, it was undeniable. That is why in S5, John seems so lost as a character because Teyla is with Kanaan. They had so little interaction in S5 which made John really lost. The few times when they did connect, it was magic for me.

Originally posted by scifan View Post

Does he really say that!? I so Love Jason. And I'm loving that Rachel and Joe are being very public about how they feel about wanting JT as well. GET THE HINT PRODUCERS!!! WE"RE NOT THE ONLY ONES!!!!!!

He did Sci! It started by Jason and JM making fun of this really hairy wooly sweater that Kanaan was wearing in one scene on Atlantis. Teyla was wearing one of her Athosian tops and Kanaan had this stupid sweater on buttoned up to his chin. They said he looked ridiculous and then JM asked Jason if he thought Teyla belonged with Ronan or John. Jason said definately John because he only saw Ronan and Teyla as brother and sister. He said Teyla wears the pants in her relationship with Kanaan and that Ronan would be too "dumb" for her. Then he says that she is a princess. I just love Jason too!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                                Forever!!

Comment

Working...
                                X