No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with your brother Nina! I feel exactly as he does. Enjoyed parts, hated others. And exactly as he said: it's stargate in every sense, and it's not.. I think for me the sg parts were the uniforms, the ship, the gate, the tech, Eli, the rest wasn't. It has potential to be good, and potential to be horrible. We'll see in the next few weeks if the annoyances will disappear. I did hate McKay for the first 1,5 season after all
    Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
    Save Our Seeker!
    LotS on LJ.

Comment

I'm starting to see a pattern here with these reviews...

I guess the only way to tell if it's gonna last or not is what people think of it in a few weeks time, when several more episodes have aired.
      sigpic
      Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
        I agree with your brother Nina! I feel exactly as he does. Enjoyed parts, hated others. And exactly as he said: it's stargate in every sense, and it's not.. I think for me the sg parts were the uniforms, the ship, the gate, the tech, Eli, the rest wasn't. It has potential to be good, and potential to be horrible. We'll see in the next few weeks if the annoyances will disappear. I did hate McKay for the first 1,5 season after all
        SGU

Spoiler:
        I didnt feel it was anything like Stargate... it had none of the wonder and adventure and charismatic characters and those are what make Stargate for me... I found all the characters underwhelming... Rush most of all... Eli was the only one strangely enough that was anyway likeable or interesting.. but on the other hand he is just a young McKay..
        The first ep was just confusing and annoying.. all the back and forth was done really badly and I didnt know what was going on half the time.. by the end of the eps I couldnt care less about any of them and wouldnt have cared if they had all gone out the airlock.... I knew SGU wasnt really for me but I didnt expect it to be so plodding and boring.. I just wanted to fast forward it most of the time..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
          I'm starting to see a pattern here with these reviews...

I guess the only way to tell if it's gonna last or not is what people think of it in a few weeks time, when several more episodes have aired.
          Same here! This is an initial reaction, but what can you really say from only the pilot right?

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          SGU

Spoiler:
          I didnt feel it was anything like Stargate... it had none of the wonder and adventure and charismatic characters and those are what make Stargate for me... I found all the characters underwhelming... Rush most of all... Eli was the only one strangely enough that was anyway likeable or interesting.. but on the other hand he is just a young McKay..
          The first ep was just confusing and annoying.. all the back and forth was done really badly and I didnt know what was going on half the time.. by the end of the eps I couldnt care less about any of them and wouldnt have cared if they had all gone out the airlock.... I knew SGU wasnt really for me but I didnt expect it to be so plodding and boring.. I just wanted to fast forward it most of the time..
          SGU
          Spoiler:
          I get what you mean. But for me, I can't make a final judgment on a first ep. For me, it may take even seasons until I really like and get a character, and care for them. I didn't care for Shep as much as until mid season 2. I care for Ronon the first 2 seasons either. It takes time for me to get to know characters, and only with that comes liking them with me. So I may not care for any of the SGU characters yet, but I know that for me that doesn't mean I'll never, you know? But that's my personal experience from how I watch telly.
          Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
          Save Our Seeker!
          LotS on LJ.

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
            Same here! This is an initial reaction, but what can you really say from only the pilot right?

SGU
            Spoiler:
            I get what you mean. But for me, I can't make a final judgment on a first ep. For me, it may take even seasons until I really like and get a character, and care for them. I didn't care for Shep as much as until mid season 2. I care for Ronon the first 2 seasons either. It takes time for me to get to know characters, and only with that comes liking them with me. So I may not care for any of the SGU characters yet, but I know that for me that doesn't mean I'll never, you know? But that's my personal experience from how I watch telly.
            Spoiler:
            For me its the opposite. I can tell instantly whether I see something in the characters and whether they gain my interest. I agree that it takes a while to get to know them but if my first impression isnt good then I have no interest in hanging around... I feel no connection to any of the SGU cast... I've never been a fan of RC and I've know him since his Hamish McBeth days and honestly I didnt see anything special or outstanding in his performance to draw me to his character... the same with the rest...but the story just didnt interest me either... the back and forth was just confusing and the writing didnt hold my attention.

Even if the story isnt great.. which happened quite a bit in SGA I will watch if I connect to the characters..but I didnt in SGU... and if I dont connect or care about the characters then I don't care what they go through and SGU is going to all about the interpersonal relationships of the various cast members.. .
            sigpic

Comment

JT Quiz

What episodes are these quotes from?

1. "TEYLA: You invited me to be a member of your team.

SHEPPARD: And we value your knowledge and expertise."

2. "TEYLA: We got it, Major. You're gonna be OK."

3. "TEYLA: If this was really a fight ...

SHEPPARD: If this was really a fight, I would have shot you by now."

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                JT Quiz

1. Suspicion
                2. Seige 2 ( I think this is right. It's either one or two)
                3. The Gift
                Edit: Oh Darn. I had #3 wrong. I know Blue got that one right.
                Last edited by scifan; 04 October 2009, 10:18 AM.

Comment

JT Quiz

Rising

Suspicion

Hotzone
                  sigpic

Comment

Answers will be revealed tomorrow Just giving other people the chance to have a go

Comment

JT Quiz

1. Suspicion
                      2. The Siege (either Part 1 or 2 not sure)
                      2. Hot Zone

SGU -

Spoiler:
                      Well I gave it a shot and will continue to do so as I really didn't expect to love it right off the bat. I like some parts, but found some of it boring. The effects were good, but everything was way too dark. I know it was dark on the ship but it was hard to follow at times because of that. The sex scene was unnecessary - good thing my son had left the room right before that. I thought the way they did that was completely inappropriate.
                      I haven't been attached to any characters yet but I know that takes time.
                      Not sure what Rush is up to - good or bad. My husband hated that politicians were involved and he did not like Eli. I kind of liked Eli but I found him quite young. I really like Ming Na too. So until next week, I will try to keep an open mind on it, but it just felt too much like BSG (which I hated).
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                      Forever!!

Comment

JT Quiz

Hide and Seek

The Siege part 1

Hot Zone
                        sigpic

Comment

I"m sure someone's posted this here, but I wanted to remind all of you of the SGA 2009 Sign-ups. There are, I think, maybe 2 or 3 John and Teyla fic requests. One of them is from yours truly. I can't believe I signed up, but I did and I'd love to see more JT sign ups.

Here are the links for LJ members and non-LJ members

Follow the link and please feel free to pass the word around.

LJ members:
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sga_santa/187819.html

Non-LJ signups:
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sga_santa/188047.html
                          sigpic

Comment

Yup ep 1

Awesome LandJ

AH! the first episode of V6 is done and posted!!!! thank you Caz for the link!. Who did this first episode?. Is it several writers or is it one episode per writer?.

Well, i haven't seen SGU yet, tonight i will have time to sit back and see it. But i have been reading the reviews and comments...and yeah, sounds like more people didn't like it than did. Can't believe Syfy is excited over a 2 million rating and saying it beat out SGA's 5th season as good news lol. I think that's bad news lol. We all know SGA's 5th season was the worst season for them, so why compare it to that lol. Also, knowing that the first episode usually draws the most viewers because people want to give it a shot and see if they may like it and ends up bringing that low of a number...isn't good. A 2 million rating for say a regular episode is good, actually awesome!...now that is something to get excited about...but for a premiere?...not that great. Who knows how many of that percent of people will not watch the next episode? Or maybe the episode after that?. I think it's definitely on thin ice. Again, i haven't seen it, but if they hope to keep it on the air, the next few episodes have to be great.

Another thing that is worring me is that one, i'm reading things like, they don't have much of the action that i love on Stargate. Yes, visually it looks good but it's mostly centered on drama and characters. Yikes!....don't know how much i'll like that.

Secondly, don't get me wrong with my above post, i do like drama and character base episodes...but i don't want it to take over the syfy'ness if that's even a word lol...of what Stargate is suppose to be about. I like a good blend of it. We all complained about the lack of Character base or focus on Atlantis, but we didn't want it to take over either. So with that said, now it seems like they are taking away the action/adventure aspect of it for more Drama based character episodes which to my surprise from reading peoples comments, no one even cares about the characters!. Maybe one or two characters are okay but most people didn't seem to care about them!. That's bad right there because i'm like Bluealien, yes, it takes time to know a character and flesh out stories but i instently know which characters draw me in and that i want to get to know. If at the end, i turn off my tv, not carring for one single character...that is not good because crappy storytelling does happen, some SGA episodes sucked!...but the love i had for most of the characters, kept me coming back and watching it.

I'll give my review later on tonight. I'm one of those people who still lives in the stone age and doesn't have a DVR lol...i still use a VCR lol. And well, i wasn't home while it was recording and the tape finished. So it didn't record like the last 40 minutes of it.
                            sigpic

Sig by Camy

Comment

JT Quiz

1. Suspicion

2. Siege Part 2

3. Hot Zone

Sigs by sarah_jones on Livejournal.
                              My FanFiction and LiveJournal

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                                I"m sure someone's posted this here, but I wanted to remind all of you of the SGA 2009 Sign-ups. There are, I think, maybe 2 or 3 John and Teyla fic requests. One of them is from yours truly. I can't believe I signed up, but I did and I'd love to see more JT sign ups.

Here are the links for LJ members and non-LJ members

Follow the link and please feel free to pass the word around.

LJ members:
                                http://community.livejournal.com/sga_santa/187819.html

Non-LJ signups:
                                http://community.livejournal.com/sga_santa/188047.html
                                I'm watching the LJ and have been considering signing up, but I just don't think I'd have the time to write anything very long And I wouldn't want the recipient to be disapointed I'd love to do it though so I'm still wavering

I still have a VCR too Mayra

Comment

Working...
                                X