Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Thanks hun.

This is the definition I found: a current opposing other currents, producing violently disturbed water; esp., the strong, narrow flow of sea water that rushes seaward after incoming waves pile up on the shore

These are a couple of reasons I thought of it.

1. It's the second part of "Over Troubled Waters" (so water related )
    2. Major things are suppose to be happening in this ep. Shep and Atlantis staying on Earth(until the end), Teyla leaving with her family. John will have to deal with IOA and most likely with Nancy and so on.

Edit: Thanks Blue
    Me loves

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Rewatch of Poisoning the Well starts in a little over an hour, right?
    Yup (well ten mins now )

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I'm all set up and waiting to go! I haven't done one of these in a while!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Snipit from JM's blog:
        Bailey writes: “ Many of us have been feeling left behind/left out of this entire SGU experience. (Ex: not a single SGA character so far in SGU but quite a few SG1 folk)”

Answer: Given the circumstances of where the characters from SG-1, Atlantis, and Universe are situated at the time of the SGU premiere, it makes sense for some of the SG-1 crew to be involved. On the other hand, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to include characters from Atlantis given that they’ll have their hands full with “more pressing concerns” from the of Enemy at the Gate, through Stargate: Extinction, and on.

Comment

Here we go, haven't seen this ep in ages

Comment

So teamy

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
              Here we go, haven't seen this ep in ages
              I'd watch it right now but my DVD is so damaged it wont even read on the player >.< In fact it isn't even my set, I got it from the library

Lookit that!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

"I'm intrigued" I miss playful Shep

Comment

I love how Teyla is taking on McKay in a debate, and winning

Comment

Ok, question. Given hindsight and all of that, why didn't Carson perfect the Hoffan drug on his own? We know that it kills half the population, so why not refine it? Make it so it won't kill the wraith?
                    sigpic

Comment

Go Carson! Look at him all mushy with Perna

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                        Ok, question. Given hindsight and all of that, why didn't Carson perfect the Hoffan drug on his own? We know that it kills half the population, so why not refine it? Make it so it won't kill the wraith?
                        Erm, because tptb forgot about it until the end of season 4? I always thought they should have done something more with that storyline earlier on Canon wise, I think maybe Carson was so devasted by what happened that he couldn't bring himself to work on it, when his work harms someone he takes it very personally.

Comment

"I'm intrigued" I miss playful Shep
                          This episode reminds me a little bit of Bing Crosy & Bob Hope movie Road to Bali. Its really funny, Bob hopelessly in love with Princess Lala, and when she says "Follow me Gentlemen" Bob said "following" and Bing just says calmly "Coming" its a good movie. Mostly because John is more playful, Like Bob Hope was in his movies

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I really like the Hoffans, I like how in S1 they created different societies who were dealing with and surviving the Wraith in different ways

They stopped doing that when they moved to battles etc and defeating the Wraith, when really there was no reason to as societies would still have gone through this

Comment

Erm, because tptb forgot about it until the end of season 4? I always thought they should have done something more with that storyline earlier on Canon wise, I think maybe Carson was so devasted by what happened that he couldn't bring himself to work on it, when his work harms someone he takes it very personally.

It just bugs me because they chose to go down a morally questionable route of messing with the wraith dna. While that gave us Michael and bug!Shep, not a single other wraith was successfully converted to human.
                              sigpic

Comment

Steve! So creepy. I was actually talking to my Dad the other day and he was saying that he thought that the Wraith were the best villans he's seen on a sci-fi show, but that they'd weakened them too much in later seasons... sounds familiar I'd never told him my thought on it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X