John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Are they words to do with JT or just random words...
    YAY SOMEBODY NOTICED!!! Both actually, but they must be at least five words long, like five word prompts for a scene or even or something said or whatever
    Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    I'm going to come up with activities to do on here for each day, if nobody's bothered about participating then I'll just continue to talk to myself

You talking to yourself?! Ha! That'll be the day! Anxd here I keep thinking I'm getting ignored by you guys >.<

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I guess thats where I'm different because I never needed John and Teyla to get together to enjoy the ship It makes no difference to me now the show is over apart from having new eps and moments to speculate on/discuss. I didn't like S4 or S5 much but it was still my favourite show and I stopped posting on GW for the new eps long ago.
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
        YAY SOMEBODY NOTICED!!! Both actually, but they must be at least five words long, like five word prompts for a scene or even or something said or whatever
        "You mean so much to me"..

"I admire you so much".

"I wish I'd told her how I feel"..

"
        sigpic

Comment

Not had many votes for the icontest! Icons of SGA

Comment

I guess thats where I'm different because I never needed John and Teyla to get together to enjoy the ship It makes no difference to me now the show is over apart from having new eps and moments to speculate on/discuss. I didn't like S4 or S5 much but it was still my favourite show and I stopped posting on GW for the new eps long ago.
            I didnt really either.. I'm happy to speculate on their future and enjoy what we got during the early seasons... and consider Kanaan a blip in their relationship but I'd like to be able to discuss it with others...
            sigpic

Comment

"You mean so much to me"..

"I admire you so much".

"I wish I'd told her how I feel"..
              Woo!! Those are all gonna be used!!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Woo!! Those are all gonna be used!!
                Look foward to seeing what you are using them for...
                sigpic

Comment

The thread does seem particulary quiet lately and I was wondering if anyone is willing to share their reasons.

Admittedly I have been pretty busy lately but I'm on the verge of moving on, mainly because,,
                  1) The show is over and I soon get fed up going over the same old eps.
                  2) The writers butchered John and Teyla's relationship in seasons 4/5
                  3) I always followed JT because it was the ship that the ptb and the actors admitted to... I have no interest in making up stuff or rewriting eps just to suit my ship. We got confirmation over the years from Joe/Rachel/Jason/Martin Gero and Joe Mallozzi... they all confirmed that there was something between JT so we didnt imagine their relationship.

But as I mentioned earlier as much as Joe and Rachel were all for a relationship between their characters they have no control over the direction of the show.. things changed in season 4 due to Rachel's pregnancy.. the ptb panicked and could only see 2 options.... an unknown lover out of nowhere or John... so the fact that they even considered John to be the father just shows us that they acknowledged John/Teyla...

If the writers had been able to come up with something a little more believable than the unknown lover JT could have been as strong as ever today but unfortunatley their imaginations didnt stretch that far and then they got preoccupied with McKeller.. but it doesnt take away the fact that JT was the intended ship... no one ever denied that the way they denied other certain ships.... but at the end of the day it didnt happen and as much as I believe that John was most definitley in love with Teyla from so many instances we had during the years... the cancellation, Rachel's pregnancy, unimaginative writers all changed the direction of their relationship....

So I guess it's difficult to continue celebrating JT as unfortunately they didnt end up together... but on the other hand who knows what could have happened after they arrived back on earth.... did Teyla realise she make a mistake with Kanaan... are Teyla and Kanaan even together or is he just the baby sitter ... I know we are doing the virtual season 6 where we can put things right between them... I'm not going to pretend Kanann didnt happen or rewrite past eps to suit JT but there is nothing stopping us bringing JT back together in the future..

Is this enough to bring interest back into the thread or do you feel that because they didnt come togehter in the show ... or because the show is ended your interest in JT had died with it.. or you are just too busy with real life at the moment...

I'd like to hang around until the virtual season 6 eps are posted.. but we need people to participate... each ep can lead to discussion and new artwork
                  and we can celebrate the future of JT...

Could we have some feedback on how you feel.... do you wish to carry on celebrating JT or find your interest has gone because the show is over...

For me, time is a huge factor. I started a business, my oldest just started school, family stuff has been hectic, etc., and I don't see that going away any time soon. The end of the year is always the busiest times of the years here because Mike is on a six day work week.

The lack of new episodes is, for me, one of the reasons I don't post here as much. I don't read fics (barely--not enough time) and there is only so many times we can mention that scene in that episode. So other than suggesting new ideas (10 words for 10 fics, etc.), I don't have too much to say.

But...I'm confident that this thread will continue to have tons of posts. Sometimes it takes time for people to say "hey, I really miss that John/Teyla feeling" and then they will pop back in here.

I think the VS will help get some creative juices flowing...at least there will be some more John/Teyla goodness
                  sigpic
                  Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

I didnt really either.. I'm happy to speculate on their future and enjoy what we got during the early seasons... and consider Kanaan a blip in their relationship but I'd like to be able to discuss it with others...
                    Well what I was thinking we could do was have thursday as episode day, like Laura suggested, post caps, art, fics (new or old) from the ep we're watching Have a day (say tuesday) where we do the fic club, pick a fic, have a week to read it (or a chapter if its long) and post our thoughts on it the tuesday after. A caps day, pretty self discriptive that one . And art day, post one cap the day before and make any art from that one cap. A serious discussion day, things like 'if the baby was John's' or 'if J/T were a couple would the team have to split up?' A favourites/lists days, five fave eps of season 1 etc, 100 reasons why Ronon should bump their heads together etc

Comment

Well what I was thinking we could do was have thursday as episode day, like Laura suggested, post caps, art, fics (new or old) from the ep we're watching Have a day (say tuesday) where we do the fic club, pick a fic, have a week to read it (or a chapter if its long) and post our thoughts on it the tuesday after. A caps day, pretty self discriptive that one . And art day, post one cap the day before and make any art from that one cap. A serious discussion day, things like 'if the baby was John's' or 'if J/T were a couple would the team have to split up?' A favourites/lists days, five fave eps of season 1 etc, 100 reasons why Ronon should bump their heads together etc

Great suggestions...

I know time can be a factor for me as well and I have to admit my enthusiasm has waned a bit since the show ended... I do like new stuff to talk about but I really love all these suggestions...
                      sigpic

Comment

Any guesses as to whose feet these are

They're taken from the Chicago con ... and they've all starred on Atlantis..

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Look foward to seeing what you are using them for...
                          I got stuck in one of my stories for scenes and what to do and such, I just KNOW what to write for a little Shep & Rodney talking over coffee scene now
                          Lets see....

Shep
                          Teyla
                          Carson
                          Daniel

Comment

I got stuck in one of my stories for scenes and what to do and such, I just KNOW what to write for a little Shep & Rodney talking over coffee scene now

Lets see....

Shep
                            Teyla
                            Carson
                            Daniel

Joe/Rachel and Paul.. yes....not Michael Shanks.... someone else who was at the Convention and starred in SGA... . but you have to get them in the correct order..
                            sigpic

Comment

Joe/Rachel and Paul.. yes....not Michael Shanks.... someone else who was at the Convention and starred in SGA... . but you have to get them in the correct order..
                              The only other person I can trhink of is either Radek or Jack, McKay is sneakers???!!! !!!

Comment

Hey, hey, hey I typed an answer to that question three times and it refused to post, I got tired of typing the same thing in the end

As for the VS6
                                Spoiler:
                                They engage the fleet in ep 4 (your ep ) iirc They have the team on the planet trying to get people off before the hive ship arrives but it gets there early so the daedalus is fighting the hive while the team are fending off darts and wraith on the surface of the planet

And to actually answer your question
                                S1: The necklace
                                S2: Conversion kiss
                                S3: Forehead bump in Return
                                S4: Doppleganger hug (or Laura's fave scene
                                S5: Dream

I'd say the forehead bump is there iconic moment, it's there thing, but its the sum of the whole that builds the ship

That is soooo not my favourite scene!

S1: Necklace, ja
                                S2: Kiss but beleh!
                                S3: Return
                                S4: Hug in SoW... Perhaps...
                                S5: Dream

Yeah, pretty much Cazz's

My favourites, however...

S1: The fight they have about her dreams
                                S2: The scene at the END of Conversion
                                S3: Sunday
                                S4: Be all my sins remember'd
                                S5: When he has a go at her about needing to make a decision/when she says "John I need to speak with you". His little hop/skip melts myheart.
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X