John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Good follow up to Rising?

Yes, I think so. I loved the whole scene with John and Mckay and the personal sheild. "I shot him. " LOL!! I also loved how John was trying to bring his culture to Teyla. She was willing to share her brisk tea and he was willing to show her popcorn and football.

2. Do you think they offered the gene therapy to Teyla?

I would have to say no. Most like for military reason and because they didn't know the Athosions enough to offer. I'm sure Bates would object too.

3. Does Weir trust Teyla like she says she does?

I don't think so. I have to agree that it was because she trusted John.

4. Why are the Athosian kids so prominent in the ep when they are barely (if at all ) in it again?

Well, for 1: They needed someone to get in trouble and let the creature out. I'm sure they would've found it eventually, but it's always easier to blame the kids. And the whole "ghost story" scene wouldn't work without them.
    2: It shows that the Athosions are a close family group and it wasn't just the adults being effected by the new change.

5. Why did John choose Teyla for his team?

I think for many reasons. She's HOT. )You know he's had his eyes on her since Rising.) But most importantly. He trust her and she's a native to the world.

6. Why did she accept?

She totally trusted him. He came back and saved her. That is something never heard of by her and she saw how the were able to fight the Wraith. I'd be on their side too. Plus.... HE'S HOT!!

Do you think John was trying to impress Teyla by telling “scary stories”, or was he just reaching out and letting out his inner child?

I think both. It obviously didn't go like he expected, but it didn't matter. It worked.

8. Does Teyla act differently around her people to the Lantians?

Of course she does. She's more relaxed with them and eventhough she trusts John, she doesn't know much about any of them.

9. Is it me (Jess ) or did the Weir/Teyla interaction seem...forced?

yes

10. Does John and Teyla’s relationship change at all by the end of this ep?

I think so. He was trying to open up and explain some expressions they use on Earth... or America, but wasn't able to do that. Then he gets the opportunity to do that and she finally gets it, plus he made sure to look for Jinto and keep them all safe.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Awesome responses to the questions everyone. I enjoyed reading them.

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
      random post, but i think it's appropriate

I asked my 10 year old brother if he wanted to watch Stargate Atlantis with me today. He accepted because he's seen a couple of episodes and loves the space battles like any ten year old boy would. I decided to watch 'search and rescue' with him because it has some great fight sequences and the one question he asks me after the episode was over was "are john and teyla married?"

i thought it was so cute!!! And he is so observant. Even a ten year old boy picks up on this and the writers couldn't! ugh!
      Awww. My kids like JT too... my whole house does. I'm the only woman in the house and I love it that all them men actually get it.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
      Unofficial positive info on SGA movie:
      Spoiler:
      Hey guys, just got word. Someone from SyFy was talking with an MGM person, it looks like the movie is going to begin production November 2009. This info was given to me by a co-worker and I would treat it as any other rumor for now, but my source has been accurate before. Also heard SyFy is shooting for a release after the entire season of SGU airs. They want to air something Stargate while in between seasons. That is if SGU gets picked up for a 2nd season. So lets hope for the best. We could very well have 3 different Stargate shows next year to look forward to.

So hopefully the actors will begin to be approached in the coming weeks. I think once SGU is done for the most part we will hear more about both movies.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=520

Oh thanks Cazz. That gives me some hope. I'll feel better when the cast start filming.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
      Thanks for the info! I would seriously hope that MGM has some hand in it as the typical SciFi movie bites.
      ITA

It could be a two parter,or we can stretch out the fact they think he's dead and mourn for their loss. Somehow later they find out that John is alive. Maybe a not so happy Wraith, that doesn't like that Todd wants the ATA gene, sends a wraithworshipper out to spread the info. Just a wild idea.

I like your suggestion for the next ep.

Comment

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

How could I forget to say: Awesoem pic spam Cazz!!

Comment

Comment

Hey Cazz. I don't remember seeing the first one before. Is it new on MGM? I love it. Thanks.

G'night. Catch you some time tomorrow.

Comment

Great pics Cazz... love all of them...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                  Hey Cazz. I don't remember seeing the first one before. Is it new on MGM? I love it. Thanks.
                  Yup

Comment

Hi girls !
                    Sorry I wasn't in here too much lately. I was a little busy and preoccupied with my future LOL.
                    I can't wait for virtual season 6 it seems awesome.

Good news too I hope for the movie. I want at least 1 SG1 movie I thought it was real.

And thanks a lot Cazz for the pics they're awesome and true I haven't seen some of them before for Phantoms.

I'll try to catch particularly for the H&S questions and answers but I wanted to post some fanvids i found, you have perhaps see them. I really find them awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWPzQqiSPDM
                    This one is totally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hG4KhLWF1s
                    and I love this one from Sariana Besides I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruh9XLDxXEw

and this one
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJ5xrnNlCc

I hope it gives you all some John Teyla feeling back
                    sigpic
                    Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Unofficial positive info on SGA movie:
                      Spoiler:
                      Hey guys, just got word. Someone from SyFy was talking with an MGM person, it looks like the movie is going to begin production November 2009. This info was given to me by a co-worker and I would treat it as any other rumor for now, but my source has been accurate before. Also heard SyFy is shooting for a release after the entire season of SGU airs. They want to air something Stargate while in between seasons. That is if SGU gets picked up for a 2nd season. So lets hope for the best. We could very well have 3 different Stargate shows next year to look forward to.

So hopefully the actors will begin to be approached in the coming weeks. I think once SGU is done for the most part we will hear more about both movies.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=520

Awesome!!! I think I'll go over and green Brian for that And you too Cazz if I can

Edit: I can't So mental green

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      I wrote your scene already--I guess you are my inspiration! And I dropped you a couple of prompts, because, well, I'm greedy!
                      I read it!! Fantastic!!

Will be working on yours this afternoon
                      Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                      Save Our Seeker!
                      LotS on LJ.

Comment

In response to that old question about why I ship John Teyla...
                        I'll be honest, when I first watched SGA I didn't like the ship. To me, they were trying to manufacture a ship based on nothing. So, I didn't ship them straight away. But then I stopped watching SGA, and it was when I went back to it I had a new appreciation for the ship. Since then I have loved it

Also, I emailed TeylaFan last night... she's doing good
                        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Yup

Thanks hun.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                          Hi girls !
                          Sorry I wasn't in here too much lately. I was a little busy and preoccupied with my future LOL.
                          I can't wait for virtual season 6 it seems awesome.

Good news too I hope for the movie. I want at least 1 SG1 movie I thought it was real.

And thanks a lot Cazz for the pics they're awesome and true I haven't seen some of them before for Phantoms.

I'll try to catch particularly for the H&S questions and answers but I wanted to post some fanvids i found, you have perhaps see them. I really find them awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWPzQqiSPDM
                          This one is totally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hG4KhLWF1s
                          and I love this one from Sariana Besides I love this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ruh9XLDxXEw

and this one
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBJ5xrnNlCc

I hope it gives you all some John Teyla feeling back
                          Thanks for the vids. They were great.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                          I'll be honest, when I first watched SGA I didn't like the ship. To me, they were trying to manufacture a ship based on nothing. So, I didn't ship them straight away. But then I stopped watching SGA, and it was when I went back to it I had a new appreciation for the ship. Since then I have loved it

Also, I emailed TeylaFan last night... she's doing good
                          I have to admit that I didn't really get into the whole show. I was thinking that they were trying replace SG-1 and didn't start watching til season 3. I was drawn to the whump, but mostly the connection for both John and Teyla. One of the best seasons for them. IMO.

Comment

Cazzie, thank you for those piccies. Love them.

Interview with Rachel and she comments about John, Teyla and Kanaan.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....77&postcount=1
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                              Awesome!!! I think I'll go over and green Brian for that And you too Cazz if I can

Edit: I can't So mental green
                              Mental green is always good, thankies

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              I wasn't a big shipper til I joined this thread I just watched the show and expected John and Teyla to get together at some point but I didn't look out for shippy moments and things like that, then I came to this thread

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                              Cazzie, thank you for those piccies. Love them.

Interview with Rachel and she comments about John, Teyla and Kanaan.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....77&postcount=1
                              Yeah, thats the one Squonk did that we were talking about the other day Rachel also comments about her conversation with me

Comment

Catching up on birthday pressies

For Linda:

And OT for Luci:
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X