Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
    random post, but i think it's appropriate

I asked my 10 year old brother if he wanted to watch Stargate Atlantis with me today. He accepted because he's seen a couple of episodes and loves the space battles like any ten year old boy would. I decided to watch 'search and rescue' with him because it has some great fight sequences and the one question he asks me after the episode was over was "are john and teyla married?"

i thought it was so cute!!! And he is so observant. Even a ten year old boy picks up on this and the writers couldn't! ugh!
    AW!!!!!!!!

Cuteness!!

If only my brother did that (wait, he's 15, he's way to into WoW. )
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Hide and Seek questions

1. Good follow up to Rising?

Yes. It was the first full episode I saw cause I missed Rising 1 and 2. I wasnt impressed with Sheppard or any of the other characters on the first 20 minutes of Rising 1. Saw Teyla first in Hide and Seek and fell in love with her and actually noticed Sheppard through her eyes and LOVED him then.

2. Do you think they offered the gene therapy to Teyla?

Hmmm...that's a good one. I think, yes. But the question should really be, did she accept it?

3. Does Weir trust Teyla like she says she does?

Nope. She trust Sheppard and therefore trusts his judgement.

4. Why are the Athosian kids so prominent in the ep when they are barely (if at all ) in it again?

I think it was a transition. Eventually, the Athosians were never meant to be a significant people in the show not even Teyla seen as an Athosian has been a focus.

5. Why did John choose Teyla for his team?

Duh, she instantly saw what a great addition to his team she would be and of course, he wanted too keep her close by.

6. Why did she accept?

I think because they had that instant connection and trust, Teyla found the missing link in her life. I think Teyla has always felt out of place even with her people and with John and his team she felt she finally belong somewhere. And of course, she wanted to keep John close by, too.

7. Do you think John was trying to impress Teyla by telling “scary stories”, or was he just reaching out and letting out his inner child?

Both. I think John genuinely likes children, but he definetely wanted to get to know Teyla more and to get to know Teyla you need to know her people. Teyla's people are a huge part of who she is and John wanted to know all of her. Even in Missing, his comment of Tuttle root soup and "you gonna love the Athosians" to Keller. That's John loving and knowing Teyla. It's a shame we never really saw him immerse himself more with her people.

8. Does Teyla act differently around her people to the Lantians?

Yes and no. I think with both, she feels awkward to some degree. In Hide and Seek we noticed that even as leader she had to come to Halling to state that she didn't want them to think differently of her....wait, that was Suspicion when they decide to leave. But, Teyla loves her people but she does question what they think about her and just how much they believe and feel about her. With the Lantians, I think she's reserved around them at the beginning, but through Season 2 and 3 we see that she's fully engaged with them and not just simply with the team. But in Season 1, yes..she acted differently and cautiously with the Lantians. And had every right to be because they acted differently towards her.

9. Is it me (Jess ) or did the Weir/Teyla interaction seem...forced?

Yeah, I think in Season 1 the actors themselves were trying to find that balance between themselves, their real life and their characters. I thought these two had such potential for real great convos and not just the girlie type. Both are leaders, both face challenges because of what they do and who they are. This would have been some great discussions. Like I love Suspicion....oh, I'll wait till then.

10. Does John and Teyla’s relationship change at all by the end of this ep?

Yes, that last scene with John and Teyla looking down at Rodney...and then you see Teyla look up at John smiling down at Rodney as he's explaining to her what a Hail Mary is...yeah, she was smitten by him even more. Her trust in him and his trust in her deepened and continued to flourish and grow into the great friendship that they have. It's the episode that made me fall in love with them both, instantly. It was the turning point for me.
      sigpic

Comment

Loved reading the H&S squee Maybe I can watch it tomorrow and answer the questions

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        Snerched from tielan .

First scene meme - give me a fandom, two characters, and a first line and I'll write the opening scene of a fic.

Ok, folks, challenge me.
        Did and snurched

Originally posted by StargateHERO View Post
        random post, but i think it's appropriate

I asked my 10 year old brother if he wanted to watch Stargate Atlantis with me today. He accepted because he's seen a couple of episodes and loves the space battles like any ten year old boy would. I decided to watch 'search and rescue' with him because it has some great fight sequences and the one question he asks me after the episode was over was "are john and teyla married?"

i thought it was so cute!!! And he is so observant. Even a ten year old boy picks up on this and the writers couldn't! ugh!
        That is soooo cute!!! And right you are..
        Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
        Save Our Seeker!
        LotS on LJ.

Comment

Unofficial positive info on SGA movie:
          Spoiler:
          Hey guys, just got word. Someone from SyFy was talking with an MGM person, it looks like the movie is going to begin production November 2009. This info was given to me by a co-worker and I would treat it as any other rumor for now, but my source has been accurate before. Also heard SyFy is shooting for a release after the entire season of SGU airs. They want to air something Stargate while in between seasons. That is if SGU gets picked up for a 2nd season. So lets hope for the best. We could very well have 3 different Stargate shows next year to look forward to.

So hopefully the actors will begin to be approached in the coming weeks. I think once SGU is done for the most part we will hear more about both movies.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=520

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
            Spoiler:
            Hey guys, just got word. Someone from SyFy was talking with an MGM person, it looks like the movie is going to begin production November 2009. This info was given to me by a co-worker and I would treat it as any other rumor for now, but my source has been accurate before. Also heard SyFy is shooting for a release after the entire season of SGU airs. They want to air something Stargate while in between seasons. That is if SGU gets picked up for a 2nd season. So lets hope for the best. We could very well have 3 different Stargate shows next year to look forward to.

So hopefully the actors will begin to be approached in the coming weeks. I think once SGU is done for the most part we will hear more about both movies.

Here's to postivity! Thanks for this post!
            1-800-Iluv-JandT
            sig by Sci!

Toll Free..Available 24 HRS...Remember..It can never be too much..

Comment

Spoiler:

Thanks for the info! I would seriously hope that MGM has some hand in it as the typical SciFi movie bites.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                Loved reading the H&S squee Maybe I can watch it tomorrow and answer the questions

Did and snurched

That is soooo cute!!! And right you are..
                I wrote your scene already--I guess you are my inspiration! And I dropped you a couple of prompts, because, well, I'm greedy!
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  Snerched from tielan .

First scene meme - give me a fandom, two characters, and a first line and I'll write the opening scene of a fic.

Ok, folks, challenge me.
                  Ok.... Can you do this one though?

John Conner and John Sheppard fuirst meeting the other (they will meet in my story by the way)

First line
                  |
                  V
                  No Terminators, that was a first for Conner, but then who was this guy? So young looking yet battle worn and on his feet in a trather intact outfit...

Good luck Yappi

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                  "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                  "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

S1 JT caps post a thon:

Pick an ep, post some pics

Comment

Comment

Spoiler:

Thanks for the Info Cazz
                        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

So I think I've sussed out where we were up to We'd put Sci's idea for Todd capturing Shep at episode 13. This is how the eps looking:

Beckett has been off world helping some left over victims with the Hoffman disease, he's been on his own for a few days. Lorne returns from Atlantis to see how the Doc's progress is going, but they find out that he's been kidnapped by some Wraiths.

One of the villagers said the Wraith were by their planet a week before Beckett arrived. One of the Wraith’s died from feeding and they threatened to kill off the entire planet, unless they get Beckett to them. They some how know that Beckett knows alot about the disease. Out of fear, the villagers agreed.

After John and them find out all of this, they attempt to get a hold of Todd and after a day of waiting he contacts them back. When asked if he knows anything about Beckett's disappearance Todd pretends not to know who he is....(Todd: "Is that the fat one that whines and complains so much that it hurts me ears?"
                          John was about to make a comment that he just described Mckay, but Rodney was right there and he simply answered, "No, that's not him. "

They describe Beckett and Todd conveniently remembers. He said he heard rumours about another hive hip capturing one of the members of Atlantis, but he said he didn't believe it. John looks at him suspiciously. Todd continues and says he'll see what information he can find out and get back to them when he learns more.
                          John doesn't trust Todd, but has no choice to believe him.

Todd actually has Beckett, but he's on the ship that Teyla took over as Queen.

How about this? The Daedy had left earlier that day from Atlantis,(before they knew about Beckett's disappearance.)
                          Todd gets back with Atlantis and tells them that he's found the ship, but it's too far a puddlejumper to get to. So, they get the Daedy to come back to help.

Daedy arrive and a battle starts between the two ships. Shep and team goes cloaked to rescue Beckett and just as they are about half way reaching the hive ship, Todd shows up to "aid" the rescue. The puddle jumper gets hit during the crossfire between the 2 hive ships. So the Daedy beams them out, but for "some reason" they couldn't lock onto John. The team sees the PJ explode after they are safe on Daedy and give a brief rejoice until they notice they are missing one team member.

The hive ship escapes and Todd stays behind to make sure everyone is ok. McKay blurts out that they didn't get John in time and they didn't get to rescue Beckett. Todd give a sincere condolence and says that he will do what he can for them to find Beckett. He says he owes it to Sheppard.

Later we see Todd's and the other ship meet up and now Todd has both Sheppard and Beckett. Sheppard is unconcious(sp).

This way Beckett could be forced to experiment on Sheppard

And through still searching for Beckett they will find and rescue Shep in the process.
                          Still to be decided:
                          - How do they find and rescue Shep and Beckett
                          - What do we learn about the gene (and Shep) in the process
                          - Should this be a two parter?
                          - If so, where does one ep end and the other begin?

We also have the undercover idea, this would be ep 14 or 15 depending on whether the previous one is a two parter on not

Maybe it could be set somewhere in Pegasus rather than on earth, but a more advanced society, around the Sateda level. Atlantis could have heard someone boasting that they captured an ancient, so the team go undercover to find out if its true, oo, maybe its the genii, which is why they go undercover instead of just asking directly. I'd put the team separate but integrate them so that they meet. Starting off following Shep (at this point the audience don't know what's going on), he could be posing as an offworlder who wants to invest in the genii's scientific operations, then he meets McKay who's managed to integrate himself into the science department of the government, then Teyla and Ronon, not sure what they'd be posing as yet Well Ronon could be in the military... Someone gets injured further into the episode, at this point the audience knows whats going on and we see back at Atlantis and they have to figure out how to get Carson in to help the injured team member...
                          Thinking further on this, maybe instead of just following Shep to start with we also follow Ronon in the military, while Shep is meeting up with Rodney, Ronon can be meeting up with Teyla, that way we won’t spend half the episode with Shep meeting them all Teyla could have a job as one of the military’s top men’s bodyguard, or something like that? I think Sheppard should find out Teyla is in danger (maybe overhears something) and spends part of the ep trying to reach her covertly?

Comment

wow you lot really have this Virtual Season 6 Down i wish i could Write like you lot i suck at Fanfiction or Writing i cant wait to read them all when it is Finished
                            Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Hide and Seek questions

1. Good follow up to Rising?

yes, I thought so.

2. Do you think they offered the gene therapy to Teyla?
                              No. They took her and her people in as refugees but I don´t think they trusted her to that point yet. Well, one very important person didn´t ...

3. Does Weir trust Teyla like she says she does?
                              No! She still thinks the Athosians alerted the Wraith in the first place, so obviously didn´t think Teyla had much control over them -yet.

4. Why are the Athosian kids so prominent in the ep when they are barely (if at all ) in it again?
                              I haven´t really missed them since, nor do they bother me here but they needed some dumb one to touch everything and release a danger.

5. Why did John choose Teyla for his team?
                              She´s the one with all the connections in the PG. They need a guide and he trusts her.

6. Why did she accept?
                              He´s the one out of the expedition that treated her with respect from the get-go. Makes sense for her wanting to be on his team, and it gives her the opportunity to fight the Wraith.

7. Do you think John was trying to impress Teyla by telling “scary stories”, or was he just reaching out and letting out his inner child?
                              He was just having some fun, and trying to build a relationship with her people.

8. Does Teyla act differently around her people to the Lantians?
                              She´s definetly more at ease with her own people, which is natural since they were still strangers around the city.

9. Is it me (Jess ) or did the Weir/Teyla interaction seem...forced?
                              Pretty forced. She still doesn´t trust her.

10. Does John and Teyla’s relationship change at all by the end of this ep?
                              I don´t think that happens until later .

Spoiler:

Thanks for that.
                              Right now, still treating it as a rumor though

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

*sneaks in*

Second page...where is everyone??

I enjoyed reading your guys comments about H&S.

think is one babe. And he is trying to score some points.

*sneaks off*
                                sigpic
                                Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                                Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                                WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                                X