• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
    That's great Donna!

Loving the art guys!

So........
    did anyone notice my absense????

End of last week, my computer FINALLY caught up with the fact it's power supply section was dying, & refused to turn on completely (kept rebooting).
    So I've gone 4 days without the internet! aaaaaaah! (started going insane.....)

Today the computer finally turned on- so I'm here. Albeit briefly........

Laura.
    Thanks hun. Sorry. I've been kinda MIA too. Glad that you PC is working again.

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
    Awesome job Laura.

Yeah, I know what you mean. But... I just... *sigh* I was sorely, sorely disappointed with S5... And after Bedford and watching vids from VanCon ("March of when?heh" "It would be nice of them to give me a call") I can't help but support the actors in whatever they do.

Hahaha! the TDT... is from Darra O'Briain, live at the Appollo If you haven't seen it, I advise that you do
    You gotta good point.

Oh Ok. I'll have to see then. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
    Sci,
    Spoiler:
    what show/movie is the woman on the horse being chansed by men behind her from?
    It's one of the best new shows out there. It's a wonderful fantasy series called Lengend of the Seeker. It's by the same picture company that does Hercules and Xena. Michael Hurst: aka Ioalus(sp) does one ep and directs a few as well. There is 22 ep in the first season. Check it out in Hulu.Can't wait for S2 to come.

Originally posted by Mayra View Post
    Hi guys!

Hope you guys still remember me lol...seems like forever that i haven't stopped buy. Half is due to being busy with RL and the other, hate to say it but the dissappointment of JT and SGA in general. Still getting over what those dumb writers did.

I was going to ask about the SGA movie but i read that things still seem up in the air about it. I don't understand whats taking them so long to start making it.

How is the virutal SGA going?. Has anything been posted?.

I see some great JT art work!. Haven't done much artwork and only participated in some of the icon contest. I'm so rusty, i think they sucked but maybe i'll post them lol.

I know i mentioned if anyone even remembers that myself and steph were planning on doing a JT vid but unfortunately that wont be the case. Just couldn't find time, especially Steph. She is still super busy but one of the main reasons she's been busy is because she has been creating a little family busness!.

She just launched it and i think its super cute!. For those who are animal lovers and are curious as to what Steph has been up too, go check out her LJ where she posted her news!.

http://loveconquers14.livejournal.com/

Who knows, maybe when Steph and i fine time and if our hearts are still in it, we may do the vid.
    I was just thinking of you and Steph the other day. **HUGS**

I think alot of us... unfortunately feels the same way.

The VS6 writing is going slow. I'm doing eps one and two and just barely started. I can send you what I have so far. Cazz been helping me with Betaing.

Oh I would love to see you art. I doubt the could suck. You always do wonderful things.

I was going to ask, but decided not too. We totally understand though.
    I just checked out Steph's LJ and business site. They are Way too cute.
    Thanks for updating us.

NP hun. Take your time, but still hoping.

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
    Economy is bad, but I really think that if you are a Stargate fan and a new movie came out - Atlantis or SG1 - you are going to buy the DVD. I know I would absolutely and if I had to pinch and save and cut back on something else to be able to afford it, I would. After almost a year of no new Stargate, I think most people would jump at the chance to buy something new. I had all of S5 on DVR, but still bought the box set to watch.

I agree with you here about wanting a movie to see the team again. I think that is really mostly what people want. If I had to choose between a movie without any JT or no movie at all, I would still want the movie. I really do think that we will eventually get a movie, but I am not holding my breath for JT to happen. I will however take what ever small morsels they throw our way! I think Atlantis sitting off the coast of San Francisco is an unresolved story-getting back to Pegasus would be a good start.

I would love to see anything between them. Heck, just to have her start calling him John again and not Colonel would be something!

Glad to hear you are back on line! I would definately go insane.
    I feel the same way. Eventhough S5 really didn't do alot for me.

Oh I so agree. That drove me NUTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
      About the movie news...first of all, thanks to those who are keeping us up to date.

Second, as much as I hate what they did to Season 5, I was so surprised that of all the SGA's DVD's, Season 5 was the one that I bought right when it came out, and I wasn't even shopping for it, but I found it at a good price and just had to get it!

But, here's the thing for me, I know I'll hate the movie. I just know it. I know that it won't do my Teyla any justice, never mind my feelings for John and Teyla. But also Ronon and this whole Amelia thing. I like them, but again..rushed, rushed, rushed!!! What they didn't and weren't willing to do to John and Teyla and it wouldn't have felt like it was rushed after Season 1, *don't get me started* they did it for Rodney and Jennifer, Ronon and Amelia, and even WEir and that guy!!!! She didn't know him and kissed him on the first date!!! not even a date, a lunch!!!!! LOL

Any who the only reason I'm up for the movie is because in all the cons and interviews the actors, no matter how hurt they are for what transpired, they want to do it!!! They want to go back and play these roles that they love so much and they want to and miss each other greatly working together.

So, for them...I would support them. And only for them. If Joe and Rachel and Jason and David continue to state that they want to do a movie, then I want to see them in that movie!!!

Also, to me, the only reason why DVD's sales have gone down is partially because the fans of SGA have left after Season 4 and 5 aired.

And the longer they hold on that movie, I think, the less fan base they'll have too!

I still think that what they are really waiting for is to see if they will still have a strong franchise with SGU ratings. If SGU scores poorly, I don't think they are going to invest any time or money on the movies because there won't be that strong of a franchise any more.

And that upsets me even more because had they left SGA airing with SGU, they could have had it both ways!!!!
      Well said Camy!
      sigpic
      Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
      Forever!!

Comment

About the movie news...first of all, thanks to those who are keeping us up to date.

Second, as much as I hate what they did to Season 5, I was so surprised that of all the SGA's DVD's, Season 5 was the one that I bought right when it came out, and I wasn't even shopping for it, but I found it at a good price and just had to get it!

But, here's the thing for me, I know I'll hate the movie. I just know it. I know that it won't do my Teyla any justice, never mind my feelings for John and Teyla. But also Ronon and this whole Amelia thing. I like them, but again..rushed, rushed, rushed!!! What they didn't and weren't willing to do to John and Teyla and it wouldn't have felt like it was rushed after Season 1, *don't get me started* they did it for Rodney and Jennifer, Ronon and Amelia, and even WEir and that guy!!!! She didn't know him and kissed him on the first date!!! not even a date, a lunch!!!!! LOL

Any who the only reason I'm up for the movie is because in all the cons and interviews the actors, no matter how hurt they are for what transpired, they want to do it!!! They want to go back and play these roles that they love so much and they want to and miss each other greatly working together.

So, for them...I would support them. And only for them. If Joe and Rachel and Jason and David continue to state that they want to do a movie, then I want to see them in that movie!!!

Also, to me, the only reason why DVD's sales have gone down is partially because the fans of SGA have left after Season 4 and 5 aired.

And the longer they hold on that movie, I think, the less fan base they'll have too!

I still think that what they are really waiting for is to see if they will still have a strong franchise with SGU ratings. If SGU scores poorly, I don't think they are going to invest any time or money on the movies because there won't be that strong of a franchise any more.

And that upsets me even more because had they left SGA airing with SGU, they could have had it both ways!!!!
        Well said Camy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          It's one of the best new shows out there. It's a wonderful fantasy series called Lengend of the Seeker. It's by the same picture company that does Hercules and Xena. Michael Hurst: aka Ioalus(sp) does one ep and directs a few as well. There is 22 ep in the first season. Check it out in Hulu.Can't wait for S2 to come.
          The only thing I like about S5 was Brain Storm, why you wonder, well DUH!! BILL NYE (my childhood favorite actor and TV show host!!) was in it! that is the only ep i'm looking forwards too

And Sci, is it OK if I try to get the book from the library instead? that looks liek something I would like, but to watch in bed rather then on computer

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks! I don't know why but being right or close to being right, doesn't make me happy. They are manipulating the fans and not even making us happy in the process.

I have no plans of supporting SGU, but I know Mr. Camy will see it. He's such a scifi junky!

But even he sees the stupidity in letting SGA go for SGU!!! Not a wise decision at all.

I'm still baffled that the majority of the fan base voted for the best episodes of SGA for Blue Ray as Enemy at the Gate and Rising was the others, I think?

I would have chosen The Ark and Conversion, Spoilers of War, or Doppleganger or Search and Rescue, or the Queen!

I haven't even freaking seen Enemy at the Gate and DON'T CARE to, either!
            I'm still in denial!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

I am in two minds about the movies. I would like to see a movie, just to see the "team" all together again. But to me, the way the actors have been treated really makes me not want a movie. And besides, unlike SG1, we don't really have any huuuge unresolved storylines. They needed AoT for closure to the series; we have ours, you know?

Even if there was a movie, I hold no belief that there would be any JT. It would be too much of a quick turnaround and it would be ridiculously fake.

I jsut want to see all the cast together again (with a couple of exceptions [any guesses?]), and would rather it be in another show.

I'm of the same mind. I'd love to see the cast together again and Shep in his uniform... but then I think of how season 5 ended and I fear it would just be more of the same.... I have a feeling that JM is going to try and prove just how much Teyla loves invisible boy.... I'm not really interested in domesticated Teyla at all... I watch SGA to get away from all that.. I want warrior Teyla and not mommy Teyla... sorry.. I could have handled her being a mom if it had happened in the very last ep of the series and it was John's of course.. but I don't like eps revolved around the kids...

The baby arc distroyed the team dynamic IMO and McKeller just alienated them even more.. so with this recepie I don't think the movie would interest me anyway... John will still be the generic hero... Teyla with bambino and bug boy, and McKeller.... and goodness knows what poor Ronon will get to do.... so not a lot to look forward to.... and then I have moments where I just wan't to see them back together.. but I have a feeling that it's not going to happen..

So I'll have to let SGA live on through fanfic though good team fics are few and far between as well... its all McShep or McKelller these days..

For anyone who is reading the quesitoning way... Wedjatqi has updated... Fic like this bring back why I love JT so much
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks! I don't know why but being right or close to being right, doesn't make me happy. They are manipulating the fans and not even making us happy in the process.

I have no plans of supporting SGU, but I know Mr. Camy will see it. He's such a scifi junky!

But even he sees the stupidity in letting SGA go for SGU!!! Not a wise decision at all.

I'm still baffled that the majority of the fan base voted for the best episodes of SGA for Blue Ray as Enemy at the Gate and Rising was the others, I think?

I would have chosen The Ark and Conversion, Spoilers of War, or Doppleganger or Search and Rescue, or the Queen!

I haven't even freaking seen Enemy at the Gate and DON'T CARE to, either!
                I'm still in denial!!!!!
                Enemy at the Gate wasn't that bad... if it had been an episode during the season, rather than the series finale, I don't think it would have been as badly received. It was not bad, better than some of the others in the season but for a season ender - let alone a series ender - it lacked... spark.

As for the episodes chosen for Blu-Ray...I can see why Rising was not so much EatG. But that is just me. If someone watched Rising they would see that it set JT up nicely and then if they didn't watch any other episode than EatG, they would wonder what the hell happened and probably wouldn't watch any episode in between.

My friend Paul who has never watched SGA watched EatG and really enjoyed it so...
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  I'm of the same mind. I'd love to see the cast together again and Shep in his uniform... but then I think of how season 5 ended and I fear it would just be more of the same.... I have a feeling that JM is going to try and prove just how much Teyla loves invisible boy.... I'm not really interested in domesticated Teyla at all... I watch SGA to get away from all that.. I want warrior Teyla and not mommy Teyla... sorry.. I could have handled her being a mom if it had happened in the very last ep of the series and it was John's of course.. but I don't like eps revolved around the kids...

The baby arc distroyed the team dynamic IMO and McKeller just alienated them even more.. so with this recepie I don't think the movie would interest me anyway... John will still be the generic hero... Teyla with bambino and bug boy, and McKeller.... and goodness knows what poor Ronon will get to do.... so not a lot to look forward to.... and then I have moments where I just wan't to see them back together.. but I have a feeling that it's not going to happen..

So I'll have to let SGA live on through fanfic though good team fics are few and far between as well... its all McShep or McKelller these days..

For anyone who is reading the quesitoning way... Wedjatqi has updated... Fic like this bring back why I love JT so much
                  Rachel's pregnancy was handled very, very badly by the writers. I appreciate what they tried to do but it ruined the Teyla character for a lot of people. There was more JT after he found out she was pregnant than there had been in the back of season 2 and first half of 3. But in season 5 they killed Teyla and the team dynamic

Comment

Rachel's pregnancy was handled very, very badly by the writers. I appreciate what they tried to do but it ruined the Teyla character for a lot of people. There was more JT after he found out she was pregnant than there had been in the back of season 2 and first half of 3. But in season 5 they killed Teyla and the team dynamic
                    Yes they did.. but they think they did a great job so that's why I fear we'll get more of the same.. no team dynamic and a Teyla that has lost all the things I loved about her..
                    sigpic

Comment

About a fic challenge? This one is easy so anyone can do it.

10 different categories of fic written in 10 words or less. J/T of course.

Angst:
                      AU:
                      Crack!Fic:
                      Crossover:
                      Whump:
                      Fluff:
                      Humor:
                      Hurt/Comfort:
                      Romantic:
                      UST:
                      sigpic
                      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

My take on the challenge:

Angst
                        : Teyla let him walk away from her. Again.

AU
                        : John, leader of the Athosians, had finally met his match.

Crack!Fic:
                        “John, do you always dress in drag when I’m away?”

Crossover:
                        “Mitchell! Come here,” they called.
                        “Who’s Mitchell? I’m John Crichton.”

Whump:
                        Sometimes, John thought, Teyla seemed to enjoy his pain.

Fluff:
                        When he held her, he felt alive.

Humor:
                        “Could you two stop making kissy faces for one mission?”

Hurt/Comfort:
                        His presence healed her in ways unimaginable.

Romantic:
                        “I never thought--”
                        She kissed him softly. “Neither did I.”

UST:
                        She wondered why his smile affected her so much.
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Angst: "It didn't matter anymore. She was gone."

AU: "Teyla looked to her second and smiled; 'Yes, John'"

Crack!Fic: Teyla pointed her wand at Kanaan and chanted 'Expelliarmus!'

Crossover: Teyla held Edward down, while John battled with Bella.

Whump: "You all right?" He asked and touched the healing scar.

Fluff:"Go to sleep, Teyla..." "I love you, John."

Humor: "What? You think it's a joystick or something?" "Isn't it?"

Hurt/Comfort: "I didn't mean to hurt you..." And he kissed her.

Romantic: He lit the last candle and waited for her.

UST: He skimmed her fingers down her arm and she shivered.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            About a fic challenge? This one is easy so anyone can do it.

Angst:
                            AU:
                            Crack!Fic:
                            Crossover:
                            Whump:
                            Fluff:
                            Humor:
                            Hurt/Comfort:
                            Romantic:
                            UST:
                            My take on the challenge:

Angst
                            : Teyla let him walk away from her. Again.

AU
                            : John, leader of the Athosians, had finally met his match.

Crack!Fic:
                            “John, do you always dress in drag when I’m away?”

Crossover:
                            “Mitchell! Come here,” they called.
                            “Who’s Mitchell? I’m John Crichton.”

Whump:
                            Sometimes, John thought, Teyla seemed to enjoy his pain.

Fluff:
                            When he held her, he felt alive.

Humor:
                            “Could you two stop making kissy faces for one mission?”

Hurt/Comfort:
                            His presence healed her in ways unimaginable.

Romantic:
                            “I never thought--”
                            She kissed him softly. “Neither did I.”

UST:
                            She wondered why his smile affected her so much.

Crossover: Teyla held Edward down, while John battled with Bella.Whump: "You all right?" He asked and touched the healing scar.

Thosse two made me laugh really hard. Give me a minute and I'll come up with something.
                            Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Crossover: Teyla held Edward down, while John battled with Bella.

Whump: "You all right?" He asked and touched the healing scar.

Awesome...do I detect some Twilight/Harry Potter influence?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18 View Post
                                Thosse two made me laugh really hard. Give me a minute and I'll come up with something.
                                Lol, I'm glad
                                Awesome...do I detect some Twilight/Harry Potter influence?
                                From me?? Nevah!

Comment

Working...
                                X