John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
    Daytime telly can open up possibilities though When my mum burnt her leg a few years ago she discovered NCIS and JAG on FX I wouldn't have found the wonders of NCIS if it wasn't for daytime tv

Awesome
    Oh I love NCIS. Can't wait for the season finally. Waiting for some Tiva.

Thanks Cazz.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Luckily my mum was there to help, she made the dinner and stuff

Oh nice sig sci

ah good point I didn't have such luck though Unless you count Jeremy Kyle
    I guess I'm lucky cause I don't know who he is.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
    Awesome
    Thanks hun.

Comment

thanks for the Movie info Cazz
      No problem

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      Oh I love NCIS. Can't wait for the season finally. Waiting for some Tiva.
      The new season's just started over here...
      Spoiler:
      Saw the second ep on friday, loved the Tiva hintage in it

I guess I'm lucky cause I don't know who he is.
      There's a journalist over here called Matthew Wright, his programme is on at the same time as Jeremy Kyle (different channel obviously ) and he refers to him as Jeremy Vyle

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

A few icons:
        Can't remember if I've posted this one already

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          Oh it was There's only so much daytime TV you can watch
          Do you have the same problem over there? 300 channels and nothing on?

You didn't have to punish yourself!

Just emailed off the first draft of my dissertation

Cool for you!!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Firstly- TWO days of not coming on & you leave me sooo many pages to sift through! Argh! (I honestly love ya all, seriously)

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
            LandJrule - Glad to hear you are having a better day. You are going through a lot right now. I can't imagine how hard it must be. Just please do not let your brother hurt you again. ****Hugs & Hugs***** Have a good time with your Dad.
            Thanks.
            I had a lovely day.
            Yesterday we spent the day in the city.
            OT
            Spoiler:

We went to the Victorian Market- which was busy. But we had a good time- Dad bought a packet of lollies so we had something 'to boost our energy while we walk'. And we got lots of apples & bananas & some mild salami for putting in sandwiches. Then we stopped for a hot drink- dad surprised me by saying he wanted a Hot Chocolate like me & I went to get them.
            Part way through drinking, I spotted it was bucketing (raining) outside, which had dispersed the crowd.
            We headed back to the car- making a stop off at a stall so dad could buy a really good quality gym bag for $12 (Aus)- & back to his place for lunch.
            Then we went back into the city to look at a book store- Mother's Day is a few weekends away & I'd seen a book I thought Mum would like & dad said he'd buy it if we saw it in the store (I found it under Aussie Biographies). Then dad said that we may as well see if there's anything else we like & he'd buy me some books if I did. Found 2 books- 1 was a sequal to one I already had. The other needs explaining:
            Found the TV section where all the books about TV shows are. Saw the SG-1 guide I already have (it's the one with the DVD in the cover- I think it goes up to around 9th Season)- actually, that's how I spotted it. Saw 3 other SG-1 Companion books. Then went & had a look at other areas, before coming back.
            Wanted to see which Companion had the best cover- I pulled out the one with Season 4 written on the side, & was shocked when I saw John, Teyla & the gang on the cover ("Oh- it's the Atlantis Companion!"). Dad got it for me without a comment. Yay!
            Then we looked inside the State Library at the gallery in there- saw someone famous.....well, on the Aus level anyway.....just a guy off 'Neighbours' whose actually not in it anymore........

Then we went back to his place, had a hot drink & then we got my stuff & put them in the car & dad drove me home.

Brother:
            Spoiler:

I told Mum that arvo about it, & that night she made him delete the game off the computer & give her the CD of it.

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
            *hugs LandJrule* That sounds like an awful lot of crap And as others have said: never let your brother hurt you! You have to talk to someone about this, be it in the family, a friend, a teacher, or your GP perhaps?
            Thanks, but I'm actually older than a student- so there's no teacher that I can talk to. (not that there was really anyone i could talk to if i was still at school- I really liked the Chaplain of the school but she left a few years before I finished & I don't really like the new one.)

Just a quick post to drop these off.
            Will have to come back and catch up.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...5cover-I-1.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...-S5cover-1.jpg
            They're lovely Sci, great job!

Hey hun. Sorry to hear about your parents.
            Here are some words of advice, but you might not like it.
            Spoiler:
            It's not the same thing, but I was really said when my dad and step mom divorced, but it was for the better at the end. But what I want to say that if they are not willing to get professional help to fix their marriage, then you'll have to let them go and do what will make it easier for them. They might care for each other in a different way, but they may not be able to live with each other any more. I hope that makes sense.

I hope you have a great day with your dad.

****HUGGLES****
            Thanks- it means the world to me to know that everyone here cares so much for me. You are all like an extended family, & I'd like to thank you all for the support! *Huggles*

I must have written it wrong because thats not the way it was supposed to come across
            Spoiler:
            The bracelet was for Lorne's fiance, someone on Earth. But he knew he wasn't going to be able to give it to her so he gave it to John for John to give to Teyla. Because he knew John felt about Teyla the way he felt about his fiance... Therefore the bracelet wouldn't go to waste.
            Ah, see. that makes more sense now. I thought the same as everyone else, but I had that lingering thought about Lorne's fiance being someone else.

I need an opinion for VS6 ep 5. I know that we have the Apollo as a Promethus(sp) class ship, but for the race of people I wanted to name them: Apollons or Apollians because it meantions on the net that Apollo was also a god of healing and I think other things too.

I've also chose two male character and one female. They are not Greek names though. One of the leaders of the people is Rafe(Meaning God has Healing. It's different way of saying Raphael, it's Hebrew), Alina(meaning: Light or Fair. It's Celtic. Aric(He will be the main one talking to Teyla. His name means: Rules with Mercy. It's Anglo Saxon)

Please tell me what you think. Thanks.
            Sounds great.

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
            Havent done a jt sig in a while so here

Beautiful- well done.

Prince of Hope cont...
            Spoiler:

Sheppard could see the piers of Atlantis through the darts mainframe, it had taken them weeks to get back to Atlantis’ planet, he was just happy it was still there where he’d left it.

He beamed Nareem out onto the pier and landed the dart smoothly. Opening the canopy and climbing out.

“Why couldn’t we go through the gate again? I think all that time in storage has traumatised my back.” Nareem moaned as he stretched out.

“It’s been 6 years Nareem, I highly doubt my code is still authorised.” Sheppard said, trying to hide the overwhelming feeling of seeing his home again.

A small yelp pulled Sheppard out of his reverie. He could hear a high-pitched panting, rapidly getting louder and louder. A small boy came running towards him, the kid couldn’t have been more than 10 years old. He was looking over his shoulder as he ran towards the edge of the pier. Sheppard quickly became aware of the reason, fast on the boys tail were a group of what looked like security officers, he couldn’t be sure as the uniform was unrecognisable to him.

Sheppard startled as one of the men fired at the boy. “What the hell?” He shouted. The last officer paused momentarily to see where the shout had come from; Sheppard took the opportunity to dive at him, forcing the officer to the floor under his weight.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Sheppard demanded.

The officer looked dazed from the fall and confused at the question, “We have orders to kill anyone caught stealing.” He explained as though Sheppard should already know this.

“But he’s just a kid!” Sheppard unhooked the officer’s gun and turned it on its former owner.

“That boy is well known as a thief, he’s gotten away with things for far too long.” The officer tried to reason with him.

“And that…” Sheppard was interrupted when he heard another shot fire.

“Hey!” Sheppard shouted as he realised the officers were still firing on the boy. He let out a round of bullets, trying to warn rather than hit. But his only response was for one of the officers to turn and fire on him.

“Urgh” Sheppard grunted as a bullet grazed his thigh. He began to fire actually aiming to hurt this time. He took down two of them before the officer on the floor tackled him to ground. He managed to keep hold of the gun and continue to fire on the other officers, taking down another one while his current attacker punched him in the face. He thrust the butt of the gun into the officers head and scrambled to his feet as the officer tried to regain composure. He looked over to the final guard and shot him in the head just as he was reaching the young boy.

He heaved a sigh of relief that was cut short from in his chest when the remaining officer swung his foot out to take Sheppard’s legs out from under him.

“For God’s sake!” Sheppard shouted as his head connected with the ground. He didn’t waste any time and shot the officer point blank as he squared up to hit him again.

Nareem slowly walked over and offered Sheppard a hand up.

“Thanks for the help.” Sheppard said, dripping in sarcasm.

“Seemed like you were doing just fine on your own.” Nareem justified with a glint in his eye.

“Humph.” Sheppard groaned.

“Thanks sir!” He heard the boy shout, as he seemed to surf away over the water on some sort of hover board.

Sheppard and Nareem set back on their course deeper into Atlantis.

“You don’t have to come with me, you know.” Sheppard said, starting to get annoyed with Nareem’s presence.

“I know,” Nareem said, “but you saved my life so I’m staying with you.”

“Since when did the Genii have a ‘I save your life you save mine’ mojo going on?” John asked perplexed.

“We don’t.” Nareem laughed. “I just figure you’re the safest place for me to be.”

“Oh.” Sheppard said. They continued to walk on in silence.

Tbc…

Gah! What r you doing to us! More! More! More!
            Spoiler:

Will we learn who the kid is???????

Hi Elfie

Movie news:
            Spoiler:

Interesting...

Thanks for posting.
            Ah- JM being his usual cryptic not-gonna-say-much self.

New sig

Lovely. Beautiful. Pwetty!
            Thanks for sharing.

I need a little help on my Yendys-Atlantis cross over.

Spoiler:

Ok, I wanna introduce some promotions into the sub-characters, but I wanna make sure they're going up the correct way. (I realised a few months back one of the leads in my Yendys got a promotion which was more like a triple promo by accident & I wanna make sure it's correct for this!)

So, I need to make sure I've got the ordering right in the ranks.
            From lowest to highest (Officer Ranks only):
            2nd Lt -> 1st Lt -> Captain -> Major -> Lt Colonel -> Colonel -> Brigadier General -> Major Gen -> Lt. Gen -> General

Please correct me if any part is wrong- I've got that off SG1 Archive, but I'm not 100% sure how accurate it is.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              Oohh yes We'll see more of that kid

The ranking sounds right to me But I'm no expert

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                Firstly- TWO days of not coming on & you leave me sooo many pages to sift through! Argh! (I honestly love ya all, seriously)

Thanks.
                I had a lovely day.
                Yesterday we spent the day in the city.
                OT
                Spoiler:

We went to the Victorian Market- which was busy. But we had a good time- Dad bought a packet of lollies so we had something 'to boost our energy while we walk'. And we got lots of apples & bananas & some mild salami for putting in sandwiches. Then we stopped for a hot drink- dad surprised me by saying he wanted a Hot Chocolate like me & I went to get them.
                Part way through drinking, I spotted it was bucketing (raining) outside, which had dispersed the crowd.
                We headed back to the car- making a stop off at a stall so dad could buy a really good quality gym bag for $12 (Aus)- & back to his place for lunch.
                Then we went back into the city to look at a book store- Mother's Day is a few weekends away & I'd seen a book I thought Mum would like & dad said he'd buy it if we saw it in the store (I found it under Aussie Biographies). Then dad said that we may as well see if there's anything else we like & he'd buy me some books if I did. Found 2 books- 1 was a sequal to one I already had. The other needs explaining:
                Found the TV section where all the books about TV shows are. Saw the SG-1 guide I already have (it's the one with the DVD in the cover- I think it goes up to around 9th Season)- actually, that's how I spotted it. Saw 3 other SG-1 Companion books. Then went & had a look at other areas, before coming back.
                Wanted to see which Companion had the best cover- I pulled out the one with Season 4 written on the side, & was shocked when I saw John, Teyla & the gang on the cover ("Oh- it's the Atlantis Companion!"). Dad got it for me without a comment. Yay!
                Then we looked inside the State Library at the gallery in there- saw someone famous.....well, on the Aus level anyway.....just a guy off 'Neighbours' whose actually not in it anymore........

Then we went back to his place, had a hot drink & then we got my stuff & put them in the car & dad drove me home.

Brother:
                Spoiler:

I told Mum that arvo about it, & that night she made him delete the game off the computer & give her the CD of it.

Thanks, but I'm actually older than a student- so there's no teacher that I can talk to. (not that there was really anyone i could talk to if i was still at school- I really liked the Chaplain of the school but she left a few years before I finished & I don't really like the new one.)

They're lovely Sci, great job!

Thanks- it means the world to me to know that everyone here cares so much for me. You are all like an extended family, & I'd like to thank you all for the support! *Huggles*

Ah, see. that makes more sense now. I thought the same as everyone else, but I had that lingering thought about Lorne's fiance being someone else.

Sounds great.

Beautiful- well done.

Spoiler:

Thanks for posting.
                Ah- JM being his usual cryptic not-gonna-say-much self.

Lovely. Beautiful. Pwetty!
                Thanks for sharing.

I need a little help on my Yendys-Atlantis cross over.

Spoiler:

Ok, I wanna introduce some promotions into the sub-characters, but I wanna make sure they're going up the correct way. (I realised a few months back one of the leads in my Yendys got a promotion which was more like a triple promo by accident & I wanna make sure it's correct for this!)

So, I need to make sure I've got the ordering right in the ranks.
                From lowest to highest (Officer Ranks only):
                2nd Lt -> 1st Lt -> Captain -> Major -> Lt Colonel -> Colonel -> Brigadier General -> Major Gen -> Lt. Gen -> General

Please correct me if any part is wrong- I've got that off SG1 Archive, but I'm not 100% sure how accurate it is.
                The ranks are correct.

Glad you had a good day with your dad.
                sigpic

Comment

By the way, did you guys see this?

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                  I thought you may want to see what the season 5, volume 3 cover will look like.

Spoiler:
                  Thought you might like it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Oohh yes We'll see more of that kid

The ranking sounds right to me But I'm no expert

Cool. Can't wait for the next part.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    The ranks are correct.

Glad you had a good day with your dad.
                    Good- just been checking to see the ranks of some of the characters as of the end of SGA to make sure I've got the promotion right.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    By the way, did you guys see this?

Thought you might like it!
                    Ooooo!
                    Nice.
                    Thanks for posting.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Too lazy to multiquote soooooo..

Yes all my sigs are all snurchable San
                      Glad your feeling better Linda
                      Thanks to everyone for their comments on my sig

Teyla sig

Edit: And i love the art, those icons are awesome cazz
                      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

You didn't have to punish yourself!

Just emailed off the first draft of my dissertation

Woot! So that means you can write my fic now, right?
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

A few icons:
                          Can't remember if I've posted this one already

Too lazy to multiquote soooooo..

Yes all my sigs are all snurchable San
                          Glad your feeling better Linda
                          Thanks to everyone for their comments on my sig

Teyla sig

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq298/Snowball_1690/Sigs/teyla-duet.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful artwork guys
                          Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Teyla sig

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/q...teyla-duet.jpg

Thats brilliant! You're great with text and thanks

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            Woot! So that means you can write my fic now, right?
                            Sure, until I get the draft back from my tutor this afternoon

Beautiful artwork guys
                            Thanks Donna

Comment

Thats brilliant! You're great with text and thanks

Sure, until I get the draft back from my tutor this afternoon

Thanks Donna

Np Cazz
                              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Can we have an episode where they actually have to abandon Atlantis and go native, and then when they get back to the City, it's pretty much destroyed and they have to rebuild it?

don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X