John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifan View Post
    Love that JF pitched to have RL do the scene too. Otherwise, it would've been just him saving the day. LOVE IT!!!

Insert of Interview: Prodical
    Spoiler:
    “So The Prodigal was one of those basic types of stories that you could sink your teeth into,” continues the actor. “It’s a great episode and Connor did a terrific job in it. Bam Bam [stunt coordinator James Bamford] worked on the fight scene for a really long time. However, I then threw him a curveball because they had planned out this big elaborate fight and I said to him, ‘I’m sorry, but my character just isn’t Mr. Jujitsu.’ Sheppard would probably get his ass kicked and barely hold onto his life. He’s a great soldier, but a pretty sloppy fighter compared to Teyla. He tends to improvise, so we had to rearrange the fight a little bit.

“Carl Binder [Atlantis executive producer and writer of The Prodigal] and I agreed that the point of this fight was to show how painful it was. I wanted to convey pain, disorganization and fear, whereas the fight originally conveyed an almost Crouching Tiger-type quality. That was cool, but it wasn’t my character. I felt bad for poor Bam Bam, who had worked so hard on the fight, and then I came along and kind of changed the whole thing. I was like, Michael needs to hit Sheppard and he falls to the floor. Maybe then he grabs Michael’s leg and bites it or whatever. Michael is clearly a better fighter and Sheppard has to do whatever he can to make it work out in his favor. So we were able to make some changes and I think it worked out better for us. It’s the difference between watching Bruce Lee and Harrison Ford. The characters they play get into these difficult fights, but one is a martial artist and the other is someone who improvises and just hopes he gets out of the situation alive. It’s an important character distinction, especially for someone like Sheppard, who has a team full of Jujitsu experts, Dr. McKay not being one of them,” jokes Flanigan.

In a sense, he made Teyla be John's hero. Squeeeeee!!!!

Thanks any way hun.
    Prodigal
    Spoiler:
    So it was JF that told them to have Teyla save him from Michael instead of Shep saving the day? Is there no end to this mans selflessness
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Prodigal
      Spoiler:
      So it was JF that told them to have Teyla save him from Michael instead of Shep saving the day? Is there no end to this mans selflessness
      Indeed....

And that final scene I think was one of the highlights of the entire season... so we have Joe to thank for that.

Thanks Nina for the link to the con report.. Joe looked awesome and he's so animated. I adore all those wonderful facial expressions.. again such a shame the ptb sucked the life out of the character in season 5. I'm glad he's enjoying his down time and can't really blame him for not wanting to rush back to work... his life sounds wonderfully exciting...

I'm looking foward to the virtual season 6 starting. It all sounds great so far....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        Indeed....

And that final scene I think was one of the highlights of the entire season... so we have Joe to thank for that.
        Yeah it just goes to show how much he cares about the others and he's not all about how much he can have the limelight but he want's the others to share it with him It's just a pity he didn't have as much as a say in SGA like how RDA was in SG-1. I thank RDA for the good quality of SG-1 I wish JF had more influence over SGA, I think he could have made it a lot better quality and equality
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
          Thanks that is sweet of you im handling it
          You're welcome.

Hey Lauren. **HUGGLES**
          Hey hun, *huggles back*
          sigpic
          Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Yes, give us Jack/Sam resolution...It's the least we deserve after over 10 years

Oh....Did I say that out loud
            LINDA!!!!!!! *fights herself to not pounce and kill Linda due to the fact that self is actually a dragon right now*

*nuzzles Lina instead*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              LINDA!!!!!!! *fights herself to not pounce and kill Linda due to the fact that self is actually a dragon right now*

*nuzzles Lina instead*
              Ok, just......keep calm I'm still a little tender
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, just......keep calm I'm still a little tender
                *lightly bonks Linda on her head with chin* Calm down you. Somehow I transformed from a kitty to a dragon, currently trying to figure out how to change back. HOWEVER, we Gold Dragons are rather sweet people.

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

*lightly bonks Linda on her head with chin* Calm down you. Somehow I transformed from a kitty to a dragon, currently trying to figure out how to change back. HOWEVER, we Gold Dragons are rather sweet people.
                  How'd you manage that? Oh wait, if you knew that you'd know how to change back Um never mind ah ok, that's good to know

Where's Ruby at these days? HAven't seen her in ages....Is her comp still on the frazzle? Or is she still so busy? I miss her and her quirky sense of humour!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                    You're welcome.

Hey hun, *huggles back*
                    Thanks Lauren
                    Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

How'd you manage that? Oh wait, if you knew that you'd know how to change back Um never mind ah ok, that's good to know
                      I'm not sure what happened, one heartbeat I'm a feline woman, and the next I'm a gold dragon! I nearly crushed a friend of mine last night in a hug on the forums. His name is Davesg-43, it was then that I relized I became a dragon

Comment

I'm not sure what happened, one heartbeat I'm a feline woman, and the next I'm a gold dragon! I nearly crushed a friend of mine last night in a hug on the forums. His name is Davesg-43, it was then that I relized I became a dragon
                        Oh thank goodness you noticed in time before your friend got crushed!
                        sigpic

Comment

You're welcome! as to names.... NAME MAGE TO THE RESCUE!!! just download the software called NameMage, (it is totally free) and you can get all sorts of names ICLUDING Tolien type names (ever wanted to make a guy with a name as a cross of Boromir and Faramir? Now's your character with Borfaramor!!)
                          I'll think about it. Thanks Tey. Leaning more towards Greek than Midevial/Middle Earth/D&D.

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                          Yeah, I like that idea Maybe she could come across as a bit timid at first, so the other characters think its going to be a breeze? As for a name... Dr Lynne Parker?
                          Ok Sounds good to me.
                          Oh I like that Name. Thanks.

Prodigal
                          Spoiler:
                          I know!! He's my Hero!!!
                          Squeeeeee!!!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          Indeed....

Thanks Nina for the link to the con report.. Joe looked awesome and he's so animated. I adore all those wonderful facial expressions.. again such a shame the ptb sucked the life out of the character in season 5. I'm glad he's enjoying his down time and can't really blame him for not wanting to rush back to work... his life sounds wonderfully exciting...

I'm looking foward to the virtual season 6 starting. It all sounds great so far....
                          I agree and I love that he likes to keep in character. (Plus, we know why he's not big into the martial art stuff.) But it also shows that he's for the fans too.

I just hope he doesn't wait too long!!

Yeah it just goes to show how much he cares about the others and he's not all about how much he can have the limelight but he want's the others to share it with him It's just a pity he didn't have as much as a say in SGA like how RDA was in SG-1. I thank RDA for the good quality of SG-1 I wish JF had more influence over SGA, I think he could have made it a lot better quality and equality
                          Yeah, but wasn't RDA at some point a producer too?

Originally posted by Cherish4 View Post
                          You're welcome.

Hey hun, *huggles back*

Nice Robin Hood sig. Gotta go on Netflix to watch it soon

Comment

Yeah, but wasn't RDA at some point a producer too?
                            He was an exec producere which is probably one of the reasons why SG-1 was a lot more balanced, I wish JF had a similar kind of input on the show. I think he could have done a good job on SGA!
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh thank goodness you noticed in time before your friend got crushed!
                              Indeed, in fact Dave told me I was crushing him, so i poked him a few times in various places and then cracked him a good one to his back, he's all fine now
                              I'll think about it. Thanks Tey. Leaning more towards Greek than Midevial/Middle Earth/D&D.
                              Namemage has everything, greek, indian, mesopian, middle earth, D&D, wookiee, tudor, etc.

Comment

He was an exec producere which is probably one of the reasons why SG-1 was a lot more balanced, I wish JF had a similar kind of input on the show. I think he could have done a good job on SGA!
                                I agree. I wish they had some one like that in SGA. RDA even gave some of the casts the chance to direct too.
                                I do too and I agree.

Indeed, in fact Dave told me I was crushing him, so i poked him a few times in various places and then cracked him a good one to his back, he's all fine now

Namemage has everything, greek, indian, mesopian, middle earth, D&D, wookiee, tudor, etc.
                                Oh. Ok. I'll try to check it out later.

Off for supper

Comment

Working...
                                X