No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see John commit to marriage if he got the right woman.. I think everything just went wrong with Nancy... him having to keep so many secrets that most likely tore them apart..but Teyla knows what he does and stand by his side .. I think he needs a woman that understand him but yet can challenge him...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Does this make me a bad writer then as I think I wrote a wedding scene in my Trilogy (wich i'm currently stalled in the writing off. ...)

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        I do today

I don't think so. To me, John has done marriage before and, as he said himself, it wasn't for him. Now, I'm not sayin he won't make a commitment to Teyla but... he just... they don't strike me as the type to get married.
        I don't think he said it wasn't for him, it just didnt work out.... because he wasn't with the right person..... Many people who have been married before will give it a go a second time when they meet the right person... and I think statistics in general say second marriages have a better change of lasting than first marriages...

I definitely see John and Teyla getting married one day.. once they get to the stage where they admit feelings for one another, I see things happening fairly quickly and definitely marriage in their future... I think once John realises he loves Teyla, he'll want to have her as his wife..
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          LOL!! I'm glad today you are.
          I'll make sure Nancy is gone by the end of Ep 2.

Really??

That's because he didn't find the right woman. Well, if it was done right, I can see it IMO, but I kinda see what you mean. But some guys just don't know how to commit until the right woman helps him.
          Yeha, you'd better keep Nancy away from me Lol. I kid, I kid. I know when to pull myself away... LMAO.
          Originally posted by NinaM View Post
          I can see John commit to marriage if he got the right woman.. I think everything just went wrong with Nancy... him having to keep so many secrets that most likely tore them apart..but Teyla knows what he does and stand by his side .. I think he needs a woman that understand him but yet can challenge him...
          These are good points but it could also be the reason he pushes her away. She knows him too well; John has been portrayed on the show as a very privte person, even with Teyla - maybe even especially with Teyla? We know he was attracted to her, yet never made a move. She knows him - and that could be their downfall, I fear.
          don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
            Does this make me a bad writer then as I think I wrote a wedding scene in my Trilogy (wich i'm currently stalled in the writing off. ...)
            Not at all, it's just my opinion.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            I don't think he said it wasn't for him, it just didnt work out.... because he wasn't with the right person..... Many people who have been married before will give it a go a second time when they meet the right person... and I think statistics in general say second marriages have a better change of lasting than first marriages...

I definitely see John and Teyla getting married one day.. once they get to the stage where they admit feelings for one another, I see things happening fairly quickly and definitely marriage in their future... I think once John realises he loves Teyla, he'll want to have her as his wife..
            John takes his feelings very seriously, so I think he would not say the words "I love you" very often. I also think that is about as much commitment as anyone is going to get out of him now... because that is - to him - a big effing deal.

But that's jut my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
              I agree, plus the fact that he's doesn't seem to be a man that is forth coming with his feelings.
              Hubby is like that and he was worse before we got married.

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              Nope, it doesn't.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

I forget what he said, but it was kinda close to what Laura said, but that was before Ronon pointed out Teyla. He seems to be one of those guys that are afraid to get burned again when it comes to seriousness. I mean, he seems to ok with brief encounters, but even with Teer, he was their 6 month and she had to make the first move. I think it's kinda the same thing. He's waiting for the first move and so isn't she. IMHO

Yeha, you'd better keep Nancy away from me Lol. I kid, I kid. I know when to pull myself away... LMAO.

These are good points but it could also be the reason he pushes her away. She knows him too well; John has been portrayed on the show as a very privte person, even with Teyla - maybe even especially with Teyla? We know he was attracted to her, yet never made a move. She knows him - and that could be their downfall, I fear.
              Hee hee. Are you sure?

It could be, just that too, but I guess it's just how everyone sees it.

Not at all, it's just my opinion.

John takes his feelings very seriously, so I think he would not say the words "I love you" very often. I also think that is about as much commitment as anyone is going to get out of him now... because that is - to him - a big effing deal.

But that's jut my opinion.
              I agree about the "I love you". If he ever says he loves her, I think it would be because it's the real thing. I don't think I've ever heard him say the word yet.

Well, I'm off... not sure if I'll be back. Gotta make supper and stuff.

Comment

Title: Passing Time
                Summary: Ronon was bored. Very bored.
                Characters: Ronon, Carson, Sheppard, Teyla, Lorne. Mostly Ronon.
                Pairing: None
                Rating: K+
                Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/89914.html

Comment

Title: Passing Time
                  Summary: Ronon was bored. Very bored.
                  Characters: Ronon, Carson, Sheppard, Teyla, Lorne. Mostly Ronon.
                  Pairing: None
                  Rating: K+
                  Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/89914.html
                  Off to read and see if Gater had the same idea as me!
                  sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                    Off to read and see if Gater had the same idea as me!
                    Lol, I doubt it. It's just a Ronon angst piece... With him commenting on JT a little, lol.

Comment

I could see John and Teyla getting married but not for a very long time, I think, like others have said, that just saying I love you is it for John. Maybe after a while they would get married in a very small ceremony and not make a big deal about, just something that puts a ring on the finger

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        At least we know you're a obsessive dedicated fan. Just kidding hun. *HUGS*
                        At least everyone now knows, I can be completely and frakkingly nuts when I put my mind to it.

And my rep goes up another notch.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        Thanks for that little Lemming
                        No problem.

And now, I'm off again... for I am in fact not exactly JT-minded.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey all.

Just a quick little post- be back later!

I thought up a name for an episode (though it still needs an ep to go with).
                          My idea "To Walk The Land Alone" [Dezrai might recognise it- *cough*Brisinger*cough*]

Will be back- I've got a graphic I've been working on the past few days (damn Photoshop kept crashing which meant it took longer to do - but it's ALMOST done! Just needs to have the words put on!) & so I'll be finishing that off now & will post.

BBS
                          Laura.

BACK:
                          Here they are:
                          Spoiler:

With Writing:

Without Writing:

PLEASE ASK MY PERMISSION BEFORE USING- THANK YOU!

Please comment!
                          Last edited by LandJrule; 21 March 2009, 05:32 PM.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Apparently my download link for "words and screentime" is being all funky, so here's a new one if anyone should be interested -> Different site, same file.

And now back to Kate/Teyla.... *runs off*
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

How are the plans for the VS going?
                              Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                                Hey all.

Just a quick little post- be back later!

I thought up a name for an episode (though it still needs an ep to go with).
                                My idea "To Walk The Land Alone" [Dezrai might recognise it- *cough*Brisinger*cough*]

Will be back- I've got a graphic I've been working on the past few days (damn Photoshop kept crashing which meant it took longer to do - but it's ALMOST done! Just needs to have the words put on!) & so I'll be finishing that off now & will post.

BBS
                                Laura.

BACK:
                                Here they are:
                                Spoiler:

With Writing:

Without Writing:

PLEASE ASK MY PERMISSION BEFORE USING- THANK YOU!

Please comment!

Haven't been here in a while, but wanted to say LOVE THESE! The quotes are perfect!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X