John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

But I'm looking forward to MK and can't wait to meet Amanda and Rachel and its' great meeting up with everyone again.. that's a big part of the fun of these conventions as well...
    Well my my from the way I've counted it seems that weekend at the convention is actually falling on one of my weekends off... so hrmmm maybe maybe... would love to meet Rachel and Amanda..and off course all the ones from GW that might go there...now there is only 2 problems left then.. money issue for the trip and how in the world to get there without getting lost as I'm so freaking good at...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
      Well my my from the way I've counted it seems that weekend at the convention is actually falling on one of my weekends off... so hrmmm maybe maybe... would love to meet Rachel and Amanda..and off course all the ones from GW that might go there...now there is only 2 problems left then.. money issue for the trip and how in the world to get there without getting lost as I'm so freaking good at...
      I think I read the venue is only about 30 minutes from Luton.. so I dont know whether you can fly into that airport..if you look under travel in the Convention site it tells you how far it is from all the London airports..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
        fav JT eps, eh?

Rising
        Search & Rescue
        Phantoms
        Hot Zone
        The Long Goodbye

in no particular order ...

*gulps along with you*

He was probably just remembering what happened the last time he went to save a few (Holland, etc.) which ended in disaster and an almost ruined career with nobody saved
        Like he said "You can only choose the battles you can win"
        I don´t think he was that out of character, actually.
        Plus, they didn´t even know if Atlantis would still be a safe haven (for long) when they got back there...

lovely banners!

I remember your rant in Bedford!

love those! Especially the "evil golf balls" one

Johnny Depp lookalike! Heh. He really was, wasn´t he

I actually liked her in Missing. It was Keller that was killing herself off to me ... so seeing Teyla annoyed with her (and with good reason!!) was pretty nice
        Thanks
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
          fav JT eps, eh?

Rising
          Search & Rescue
          Phantoms
          Hot Zone
          The Long Goodbye

in no particular order ...

*gulps along with you*

He was probably just remembering what happened the last time he went to save a few (Holland, etc.) which ended in disaster and an almost ruined career with nobody saved
          Like he said "You can only choose the battles you can win"
          I don´t think he was that out of character, actually.
          Plus, they didn´t even know if Atlantis would still be a safe haven (for long) when they got back there...

lovely banners!

I remember your rant in Bedford!

love those! Especially the "evil golf balls" one

Johnny Depp lookalike! Heh. He really was, wasn´t he

I actually liked her in Missing. It was Keller that was killing herself off to me ... so seeing Teyla annoyed with her (and with good reason!!) was pretty nice
          Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
          ...he should be labeled a lethal weapon...

you did it again....

Late but, for padme:

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/WitchBlade007/padmebday.png

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/WitchBlade007/padmebdaysgasig.png

OT
          Spoiler:

Those are awesome wb

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            She even beats Keller? Is that even possible

Sunday *sniff sniff* but yeah....and he's kinda cute, some folks think he whines but I think he's kinda cute when he rambles on But when push came to shove he put his fears to one side and got on with his job of saving someone's life (not like a certain other doc)

Oh and p.s. I love the sigs Donna, I think the first one is the best
            Thanks Linda

Comment

I think I read the venue is only about 30 minutes from Luton.. so I dont know whether you can fly into that airport..if you look under travel in the Convention site it tells you how far it is from all the London airports..
              The problem just as on Bedford...is that it doesn't seem to be a darn airport here that have flights to Luton... and I only seems to get lost on puplic transport..not to mention I hate taking these things alone...
              sigpic
              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                Some icons...snarky as usual.

http://yappichick.livejournal.com/48909.html
                Great as usual

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                Title: Frost at Midnight
                Summary: Tales from Europe, a touch of frost and thoughts recollected with Johnny Cash.
                Characters: John, Teyla, Rodney, Carson & Ronon
                Pairing: Sheppard-Teyla
                Rating: K+
                Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/85107.html
                a

Love it

I think John and the team are the heart and soul of Atlantis, especially John. I feels he holds everything together. Without him there wouldn't be the same connection.

You've summed up my fav five JT eps but I'm also gonna add Phantoms as even while hallucinating John still does everything in his power to protect Teyla..
                agreed

Originally posted by SanGate View Post
                Yay, thanks
                NP
                But this for me is where the writers went wrong with how they portrayed her... I cannot see her giving up that easily on John.. it wasnt like he had out and out rejected her... she didnt really ever make her feelings known to him so why give up on him. I see Teyla as a leader and fighting for something she wants and as you say John was far too important to her to give up on him so easily... I know it was an easy way out for the writers and they even tried to rewrite previous episodes to try and make it fit.. but it never will for me... Teyla could only ever refer to Kanaan as the father of her child... there was no closeness like she had with John... I cant even buy into she settled for him due to culture.. and wanting to be with someone from her own people and continue having a tie to them.. that all went out the window in Eatg when
                Spoiler:
                she decided to leave her people behind and go to earth... and take her child into a battle situation.. what was all the indecision about going back on the team and putting herself in danger.... but yet she actually choses earth over her own people and takes her baby and invisible partner along with her.

And as you say in Sunday she admits to having a crush on someone who is not Athosian but yet weeks later she is pregnant by an Athosian and seemingly had a sparkle in her eye for him even before Weir died.. sigh.. such sloppy and bad writing and unfortunately pretty much all the characters suffered from it at some time or another.
                One explanation: Writers that dont give a beep about the stories making sense
                sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Just wanted to say hi everyone. I haven't been on in about 5 days and the last page I read was like 5130 or something so I am really behind! Not sure I'm up to trying to catch up today TBH. It's been the week from H-E-double hockey sticks.

I hope everyone here is doing well. I missed being on here and talking to you guys this past week.
                  &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Guys, don't leave...Cazzie has some new challenges and discussion topics coming. Should get us roudy again! LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi Dez Hope things get better for you!

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

So, its virtual season 6 time!!

What we’re hoping to end up with is 20 stories that would be the 20 episodes of season 6 We’ll discuss overall season arcs and specific episodes, assigning a writer to each episode (obviously people can request what they want to do and such ) like the actual PTB would. We want the season to be as it would in the show, so JT should most definitely be present but not overtake the whole season, it should subtly fit in (you know, how ship should be done in the show ).

This will be a collaborative effort with Beya on LJ so I’ll keep the discussion updated in both places Don’t forget the season 5 rewrite on Beya, and the 100,000 posts challenge

For this week we want to open up discussion on the overall season. Here are a few questions/ideas to get discussion going:

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all
                        - Kanaan???
                        - Any other pairings? McKeller, Ronon/Amelia etc
                        - Minor characters you’d like to see? Lorne, chuck, Radek, Amelia, episodes for Elizabeth, Carson?
                        - Guest characters you’d like to see? Todd, Nancy, Michael etc
                        - Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc
                        - Story arcs from previous seasons? Queen Teyla, Satadans, Shep’s family etc
                        - SG1 crossovers?
                        - Earth episodes?
                        - Any character deaths?
                        - Exploring Atlantis? The Ancients? The Ancient gene?
                        - Alternate reality? Time travel?
                        - Team episodes/character driven episodes?
                        - New commander/keep Woolsey?

So lets get some ideas bouncing around

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Yeah...it's posted...Okay, I won't be here much during the week, so I'll give this a shot now.

How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all....

They should definetely go back to the Pegasus. I remember how fidgety John was in The Return not just to go back to Teyla...*wink* but in the Pegasus is where he found a home. And the others may like it there, but in the end, Teyla won't want to stay on Earth without her people regardless of Kanan. She wants her son to be among her own. And she wants to protect them. That's one of the reasons she joined Atlantis. She wouldn't want to leave them. So, she would want to go back to. And Ronon would want to as well. His mission in life is to fight the Wraith for what they did to his people, his wife. So, in the first three episodes I think it would be about them getting back, fighting the Stargate Command, etc...
                          - Kanaan???
                          I think Kanan is so mellow that he wouldn't care one way or the other. But in the end, he would be a fish out of water on Earth moreso than he already feels in Atlantis. I think for him it would be a matter of time before he snaps. I could see him arguing with John about getting back to the Pegasus, maybe something along the lines of I know you want to stay here to keep Teyla to yourself! *wink*

- Any other pairings? McKeller, Ronon/Amelia etc...
                          I know that Jason mentioned that Jennifer wouldn't choose Rodney over Ronon but I actually did like the potential of Rodney and Keller, the thing for me is that the writers did it too quickly and just bad!!! But I think Jennifer came to life with Rodney. But, I'd like to see these two in a conflict. They were never in conflict and could see how Jennifer would have a problem with Rodney working so much and not spending enough time with her. Jen is a romantic at heart and likes to flirt and the attention. Rodney doesn't give her that, so that has to come to surface eventually.

Amelia and Ronon...gosh, I don't even know what to think of those two. I like the idea of Ronon with an earthling, but honestly, to me...Ronon couldn't fit with a woman of Earth. To me, his woman has to be someone of Pegasus that can understand and respect that primal warrior in him and yet, love that cuddle-huggy feely side of him too.

- Minor characters you’d like to see? Lorne, chuck, Radek, Amelia, episodes for Elizabeth, Carson?

I'd like to see more of Chuck maybe...getting jealous over Amelia. But I'd like to see more with Carson and him dealing with the fact that he's a replicator. I'd like to see Repli Weir return as well. Evil and all leathery and HOT! causing tons of trouble because three times already they've left her.
                          - Guest characters you’d like to see? Todd, Nancy, Michael etc....
                          Michael is a goner. I'd like to see more of Todd working with both John and Teyla. I'd actually think that Todd could be a link between those two. And I really want to see those bad aliens that we saw in Deaedolous Variations
                          - Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc.
                          The Wraith of course, the new enemies mentioned in Deddy episode and I'd like to see more with Ancients and the city itself.
                          I'd like to see that Queen Teyla again or maybe not have her be the Queen again, but have the ship come back and have her have to deal with the fact that there are Wraith out there that are loyal to her and how can that help the team fight the rest of the Wraith in the Pegasus. I'd also like to have some sort of conflict among the team. Something to stir them up. I want to know more about john and why he's so closed up.
                          - SG1 crossovers?
                          NOPE!
                          - Earth episodes?
                          Only at the beginning of the season to tie them back to the pegasus
                          - Any character deaths?
                          YES, you have to.....I can't think of who though!
                          We never got any clear answers to John's strong gene. I wanted his gene to be something special like Teyla's. More Ancients and more mysteries uncover in the city.
                          Yes, you can have scifi witouth that possibility tied in there.
                          In an entire season I'd like to see four character driven episodes, the rest team episodes.
                          Ditch him. They need a strong leader. They haven't had one, yet! Personally, I loved it when John led the city!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Hi Dez Hope things get better for you!

Thanks Cazz. This week my Dad's medical tests will decide that!
                            &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

OT Legend of the Seeker

Spoiler:
                              I saw some of you guys talking about this show so I caught an episode of it to see what it was all about (I think I watched an ep a long time ago, but I am not sure.) Anyway, would someone mind giving me a background overview? I had no clue what the deal was though I think this is a show I would enjoy. What is the seeker and everything?
                              &

Sig by Lil'Ferret

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                What we’re hoping to end up with is 20 stories that would be the 20 episodes of season 6 We’ll discuss overall season arcs and specific episodes, assigning a writer to each episode (obviously people can request what they want to do and such ) like the actual PTB would. We want the season to be as it would in the show, so JT should most definitely be present but not overtake the whole season, it should subtly fit in (you know, how ship should be done in the show ).

This will be a collaborative effort with Beya on LJ so I’ll keep the discussion updated in both places Don’t forget the season 5 rewrite on Beya, and the 100,000 posts challenge

For this week we want to open up discussion on the overall season. Here are a few questions/ideas to get discussion going:

- How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all
                                - Kanaan???
                                - Enemies? Wraith, Genii, Replicators, The guys from DV, The Asgard, The Trust etc
                                - SG1 crossovers?
                                - Earth episodes?
                                - Any character deaths?

So lets get some ideas bouncing around

This is an AWESOME idea!
                                I'll help out with coming up with the ideas, but I don't think I'll be up to actually writing an ep- I've got sooo many fics already on the go! (I've got a series called 'Stargate: Yendys' which is 20 parts in itself, so it's virtually an entire season itself! lol! Then I've got 2 other fics- one's based off a dream from a while ago (ft. Joe F), & the other.......)

As for the Questions/Ideas:
                                How quickly (i.e. how many eps) should it take to get back to Pegasus? If at all
                                Concerning I havent seen EatG, my opinion on this is very loose. (I do know they return to Earth in EatG- it's kinda hard NOT to know that.)
                                Honestly, I think they'll have that will to go back. Camy's right- Teyla's gonna want to return to her people, & Ronon's going to want to keep fighting the Wraith.........And John's got that sense of 'home' in Pegasus- we all know that.
                                I'd suggest 2 episodes to round this off- maybe some may want to stay on Earth, but overall, you know they're gonna have to go back. Atlantis- to me- will loose it's true 'awesome' feeling if you have them on Earth rather than in the PG.

- Kanaan???
                                Has any SGA fan actually LIKED the guy???? Hell, he popped up into the show right as Tey's pregnancy story came in- & it felt like he was just a puppet......just a way of explaining who Torren's dad is.
                                I personally think we ought to have one episode where we totally wrap his story up for good- he was barely in s5 at all (hence him being the 'invisible babysitter'- hey! That'll be a great eppy name!!!!) He's done very little in helping anyone but himself- John did the hard yards in getting Teyla & TJ off M's ship. K WASNT showing ANY signs of helping Tey UNTIL John & co turned up.
                                Camy's right- there definitely should be an argument between him & John. How dumb does K have to be to not notice how John feels for Teyla? Ronon picked up on it (much to our 'squee's of delights ), pretty much EVERYONE in Atlantis knows it (though so far only Ronon & Bates have verbalised it)......

McKeller has pissed me off since I found out about them. But again, I agree with Camy- we need to see them argue.

Chuck more- I love that guy! He's my fav sub-character (I believe Radek is pretty much a main character- they have him in so much he ought to be! OOOO! Let's bump him to a lead role! Hell, Keller got bumped into the main credits after a year, why can't Radek be there?!)
                                Carson should be back in it again- I'd love to see him be involved in the final stages of his retrovirus. Ditch Keller!
                                Lorne- he's so luvable! Def more of him!
                                Amelia- hmmmm....concerning I haven't seen much of s5 yet, I don't quite know her that well. (hang on- she's the woman whose in the Control Room doing the job Chuck's meant to do, right? And the girl in the end scene of EatG between Carson & Woolsey?) Ah.......there should be a moment where she's there in the CR, & Chuck strolls in & boots her out- reclaiming his job as tech!

Todd- def. They seemed to really set him up as a potential ally- & I think he'll be a great asset to them. What better way to defeat the Wraith by being allies WITH a Wraith???
                                Nancy- I dunno about others, but to me she came off really cold & nasty towards John in 'outcast'- which to me really explained why he clams up & keeps his feelings close to him. I mean, from the bits of dialogue they had together, it seems as if she soon started nagging him to tell her what he was doing (like explaining trips he did for the air force) & I think that's what really drove them apart- he'd honestly WANT to tell her, you could see it in his eyes, but there's clearly regulations stopping him from doing so. I mean, you have to have clearance to know about the SG & the program- how do we know there's not stuff like that around his other missions?
                                Michael- gone. And I don't think he ought to come back either. TBTB did an excellent job in 'the Prodigal'- it's by far the best one. They chose to bring Weir & Carson back because of the out cries by fans when they killed them. Michael's story was finished, & it should stay ended with how 'the Prodigal' had it end.

Wraith- def. 'nough said.
                                Genii- they've been out of the picture for so long I don't think they've been a threat for yonks. The last time I remember them was in 'Common Ground' way back in s3- leaving 2 whole seasons without them. Clearly they don't pose a threat, & so I think we're all over them. Don't include them.
                                Replicators- didn't we free the PG of them??????? Fran anyone????
                                DV baddies- they were very interesting. (and from what I recall, they had awesome guns.....kinda like Ronon's.......) Def include them.
                                Asgard- as the baddies? I just can't see them as that. Although......the PG Asgard may be more baddish than the MW Asgard. (Again, I barely seen s5, so I have no idea)
                                The Trust-???????? (don't remember them. again- this may be due to the lack of not having seen the majority of the back half of s5!)

Queen Teyla- def.
                                Hell- all those suggestions rock.
                                - SG1 crossovers? Nope.
                                - Earth episodes? The first 2 in the season- as Camy said, just to have them return to PG.
                                - Any character deaths? Nope- they've suffered too many losses. Oh, unless Keller dies. I actually whooped at her death in the AU in TLM (though it was followed by an '' for Rodney.)
                                What Camy said.
                                Dunno. AU's have been done to death. Time travel- DV was enough for me.
                                What Camy said.
                                I was just starting to enjoy Sam then they got rid of her! Either bring her back.....or what Camy said- John would be awesome as a leader!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X