Originally posted by SanGate View Post
    Yay, thanks

Conversion
    Rising
    S&R
    Phantoms
    Doppelganger

(Sateda, The Gift)

I actually dislike Sunday now because of discontinuity. It just makes no sense that a few months later she's pregnant from someone else
    I don't like Doppleganger for that reason. She was possibly already pregnant in that ep so why come to John for comfort. Where was Kanaan. Why wasnt he comforting her. I just don't see Teyla hugging John the way she did if she was already in an intimate relationship with someone else... that hug was more than friendship.. can you see her hugging Rodney like that..

And it's good to see there are more people who are not big Weir fans She's grown on me through reruns, but in my first run through the episodes I disliked her.
    She never grew on me and became worse with reruns. There is very little I enjoyed about the character... and on re-runs I'm finding Teyla more out of character in season 4 then when I first watched them.. the writers really messed up her character with the whole baby arc..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
      I don't like Doppleganger for that reason. She was possibly already pregnant in that ep so why come to John for comfort. Where was Kanaan. Why wasnt he comforting her. I just don't see Teyla hugging John the way she did if she was already in an intimate relationship with someone else... that hug was more than friendship.. can you see her hugging Rodney like that..
      I didn't necessarily see it as only shippy, but especially as a very strong friendship. No she wouldn't give Rodney that hug, but that's because I feel the friendship between her and John is deeper anyway. I don't mind the ep in that respect therefore. She may be pregnant with someone else, she still feels strongly about John. But in Sunday she really says she has romantic feelings for him, but apparently those are gone a few months later. Tbh I feel her pregnancy only happened because she couldn't get together with John, and therefore had to seek TLC somewhere else. But that's my personal take/excuse on it

She never grew on me and became worse with reruns. There is very little I enjoyed about the character... and on re-runs I'm finding Teyla more out of character in season 4 then when I first watched them.. the writers really messed up her character with the whole baby arc..
      I didn't like Teyla in season 4 immediately. She grinded my gears in Missing. Apparently that was the way tptb wanted to go with her as well if she hadn't been pregnant, so I don't moarn that at all.
      Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
      Save Our Seeker!
      LotS on LJ.

Comment

Yay, thanks

Conversion
        Rising
        S&R
        Phantoms
        Doppelganger

(Sateda, The Gift)

I actually dislike Sunday now because of discontinuity. It just makes no sense that a few months later she's pregnant from someone else
        It's not so much what she says to her doc lady. It's Ronon & John scene, then the scene at the end. There is no lack of continuity there, because even though she ends up pregnant, she still goes to him for support (SoW).

Doppelganger scene is visually attractive but she's obviously seeing someone else at this point so....

And it's good to see there are more people who are not big Weir fans She's grown on me through reruns, but in my first run through the episodes I disliked her.
        The more I watch, the less I like her. Lol. It annoys me when she's on screen and I wish I could fast forward her. It's weird, cause she was leader for three years but I think it's weird when I watch old eps and she's in them. Weird and annoying.
        don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Save Teyla if you wish.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I didn't necessarily see it as only shippy, but especially as a very strong friendship. No she wouldn't give Rodney that hug, but that's because I feel the friendship between her and John is deeper anyway. I don't mind the ep in that respect therefore. She may be pregnant with someone else, she still feels strongly about John. But in Sunday she really says she has romantic feelings for him, but apparently those are gone a few months later. Tbh I feel her pregnancy only happened because she couldn't get together with John, and therefore had to seek TLC somewhere else. But that's my personal take/excuse on it
            But this for me is where the writers went wrong with how they portrayed her... I cannot see her giving up that easily on John.. it wasnt like he had out and out rejected her... she didnt really ever make her feelings known to him so why give up on him. I see Teyla as a leader and fighting for something she wants and as you say John was far too important to her to give up on him so easily... I know it was an easy way out for the writers and they even tried to rewrite previous episodes to try and make it fit.. but it never will for me... Teyla could only ever refer to Kanaan as the father of her child... there was no closeness like she had with John... I cant even buy into she settled for him due to culture.. and wanting to be with someone from her own people and continue having a tie to them.. that all went out the window in Eatg when
            Spoiler:
            she decided to leave her people behind and go to earth... and take her child into a battle situation.. what was all the indecision about going back on the team and putting herself in danger.... but yet she actually choses earth over her own people and takes her baby and invisible partner along with her.

And as you say in Sunday she admits to having a crush on someone who is not Athosian but yet weeks later she is pregnant by an Athosian and seemingly had a sparkle in her eye for him even before Weir died.. sigh.. such sloppy and bad writing and unfortunately pretty much all the characters suffered from it at some time or another.
            sigpic

Comment

I think John and the team are the heart and soul of Atlantis, especially John. I feels he holds everything together. Without him there wouldn't be the same connection.
              I still say John is the protector and Carson is the heart

I love that! But John is still my heart of Atlantis too
              Didn't you know that I am always right

She didn't know she was pregnant in DG..It's funny that they said they didn't want to make John the father out of the blue cause they didn't want to destroy their characters but in the end they done that anyways so what would it have mattered, especially Teyla...They didn't care about her character at all, they pretty much destroyed her character in the last two seasons anyway!
              sigpic

Comment

But this for me is where the writers went wrong with how they portrayed her... I cannot see her giving up that easily on John.. it wasnt like he had out and out rejected her... she didnt really ever make her feelings known to him so why give up on him. I see Teyla as a leader and fighting for something she wants and as you say John was far too important to her to give up on him so easily... I know it was an easy way out for the writers and they even tried to rewrite previous episodes to try and make it fit.. but it never will for me... Teyla could only ever refer to Kanaan as the father of her child... there was no closeness like she had with John... I cant even buy into she settled for him due to culture.. and wanting to be with someone from her own people and continue having a tie to them.. that all went out the window in Eatg when
                Spoiler:
                she decided to leave her people behind and go to earth... and take her child into a battle situation.. what was all the indecision about going back on the team and putting herself in danger.... but yet she actually choses earth over her own people and takes her baby and invisible partner along with her.

And as you say in Sunday she admits to having a crush on someone who is not Athosian but yet weeks later she is pregnant by an Athosian and seemingly had a sparkle in her eye for him even before Weir died.. sigh.. such sloppy and bad writing and unfortunately pretty much all the characters suffered from it at some time or another.
                Very well put, and ITA!!!

That really bugged me when I heard that about EatG Made, again, no sense continuity-wise. But hey, why do I even sound surprised?

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Didn't you know that I am always right
                Getting there

She didn't know she was pregnant in DG..It's funny that they said they didn't want to make John the father out of the blue cause they didn't want to destroy their characters but in the end they done that anyways so what would it have mattered, especially Teyla...They didn't care about her character at all, they pretty much destroyed her character in the last two seasons anyway!
                *sad sigh* 'fraid you're right again
                Sigs by me, CazzBlade, Luciana, csom, scifan, sgmajorshipper, x_stargatergirl_x and LJ's glaringcandle
                Save Our Seeker!
                LotS on LJ.

Comment

I

She didn't know she was pregnant in DG..
                  But she was already involved with him and sleeping with him ..or so the writers lead us believe.. so why wasnt he mentioned earlier.. and why did Teyla seem more relaxed and caring around John than the so called man she was in an intimate relationship with... but the writers didnt really know their own charcters.. and this didnt only apply to Teyla... John and Ronon suffered from it as well... and as JF said in Bedford the writers clearly were not receptive to his criticisms anymore... he didnt like the route they took his character and I got the impression he was just tired of fighting for how his character should have been portrayed.. he told me at the signing that he would like a more light hearted role for his next project..

It's funny that they said they didn't want to make John the father out of the blue cause they didn't want to destroy their characters but in the end they done that anyways so what would it have mattered, especially Teyla...They didn't care about her character at all, they pretty much destroyed her character in the last two seasons anyway!

I agree that picking Kanaan and handling it the way they did didnt do any favours for Teyla's character... but I think that was just an excuse about doing Sheppard's character a disservice with having him the father... they just didnt know how to handle it.... and at that stage didnt want anyone but Rodney to be involved in shipping... I think making John a Dad went against their vision of him being some lonely emotionally stunted hero, who only lived for putting his life on the line for eveyone else.... they wanted to keep John free so he could pant around the Larrin types... but seemingly they even put an end to that as well and wanted him to end up with no one at all.. another thing Joe wasn't happy with...
                  sigpic

Comment

Linda... are you coming to meet Rachel at Milton Keynes in June...

Rachel is the only cast member I havn't met yet so I am really looking forward to meeting her...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                      Thanks SAF

Ok, what are your top 5 JT eps? Be back in a few mins with mine

fav JT eps, eh?

Rising
                      Search & Rescue
                      Phantoms
                      Hot Zone
                      The Long Goodbye

in no particular order ...

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                      *is blank*

I'd forgotten how LFP ended. Wow. So... sad. And poignant. I had a wee tear in my eye at Carson's... I know, I'm a sucker.

*gulp*
                      *gulps along with you*

But at the same time, this is the first time we see them under this kind of stress. Sure, in The Storm and The Eye, they knew the city might not survive but Sheppard was actively doing something - he had something to occupy his mind. In this episode, he is the weapon he was made - by the Air Force - to be; he's stepping up to the mantle and while he may have been OOC for what we've seen afterwards, I think it can't be said he was OOC see here. It seems like he learned from the mistake he almost made in this episode. Just my thoughts
                      I think he was worried about what would happen if the wraith made it to Atlantis and he wanted to get back to warn them and he knew they didn't have a lot of time to get back through the gate before the wraith were right on top of them!

But I do understand why you didn't like it...I don't think John was being hard, I think he was possibly looking at the bigger picture and what it would mean to everyone, in the pegasus galaxy and the milky way...If the wraith managed to take over Atlantis there might have been no stopping them!

You know the old saying, "you have to sacrifice a few to save many." It may be a hard choice but sometimes someone has to make that choice!
                      He was probably just remembering what happened the last time he went to save a few (Holland, etc.) which ended in disaster and an almost ruined career with nobody saved
                      Like he said "You can only choose the battles you can win"
                      I don´t think he was that out of character, actually.
                      Plus, they didn´t even know if Atlantis would still be a safe haven (for long) when they got back there...

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                      Sorry its abit late Padme
                      i wasnt sure which one to post so i posted both
                      http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...rthdaygift.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...esbirthday.jpg
                      lovely banners!

*groans*

Weir is my least favourite character from TV ever. She even beats Keller to my least favourite.

Carson makes me think of Sunday, which makes me think of JT, so that's a nice little circle

[SPOILERS] http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59...Pegasus/25.jpg
                      I remember your rant in Bedford!

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      Some icons...snarky as usual.

http://yappichick.livejournal.com/48909.html
                      love those! Especially the "evil golf balls" one

Title: Frost at Midnight
                      Summary: Tales from Europe, a touch of frost and thoughts recollected with Johnny Cash.
                      Characters: John, Teyla, Rodney, Carson & Ronon
                      Pairing: Sheppard-Teyla
                      Rating: K+
                      Spoilers: Enemy at the Gate

http://azure-horizon.livejournal.com/85107.html
                      Johnny Depp lookalike! Heh. He really was, wasn´t he

I didn't like Teyla in season 4 immediately. She grinded my gears in Missing. Apparently that was the way tptb wanted to go with her as well if she hadn't been pregnant, so I don't moarn that at all.
                      I actually liked her in Missing. It was Keller that was killing herself off to me ... so seeing Teyla annoyed with her (and with good reason!!) was pretty nice

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Linda... are you coming to meet Rachel at Milton Keynes in June...

Rachel is the only cast member I havn't met yet so I am really looking forward to meeting her...
                        Rachel is coming some place... not good at where ever that is LOL... stupid me... well I sure haven't met all of the cast..haha only Joe but I would love to meet Rachel.. then again it wouldn't surprise me if it's a huge hazzle for me to even get there

Are there any info on the net somewhere that I haven't looked???
                        sigpic
                        Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                          Rachel is coming some place... not good at where ever that is LOL... stupid me... well I sure haven't met all of the cast..haha only Joe but I would love to meet Rachel.. then again it wouldn't surprise me if it's a huge hazzle for me to even get there

I'll have to check the exact date and where you find the info.. Linzi told me about it at Bedford and we're all going to go.. it's a bit like expo I think... just really signing.. not like bedford and just one day. I'll let you know more when I get more info..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
                            Yup
                            Thankyou!

mmmmm...I know some folks didn't like this ep but I loved it....We got conflict and proper emotion where I actually felt it, it was sad and powerful...It's one of my fave eps. I know some don't like how JT were at odds but it showed us that they come from two completely different worlds and they may see things differently.

I'm not sure if that's the right words, I hope I made sense
                            I really like LFP because yes John and Teyla weren't always agreeing with each but I thought at the time that it added to what I perceived as being 'unresolved sexual tension' between the two. Plus it has one of my favourite moments between J/T when he asks her what more does she want from him and she replies with something like "Too much I fear". That line, coupled with the looks between them, helped cement even further for me, the relationship that had been developing between the two all throughout S1.

That's just my opinion though.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            Some icons...snarky as usual.

http://yappichick.livejournal.com/48909.html

Excellent as usual!
                            sigpic
                            Banner By Orangelusik!

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post

It's a Collectormaina Convention 6th and 7th June... and Amanda Tapping will also be there.....

He's the link...http://www.collectormania.com/
                              sigpic

Comment

A couple more Collectomania links:

forum
                                Tickets etc

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Working...
                                X